BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand's entertainment industry can't just do something else instead because of Covid-19, says insider

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Time to grow said:

I beg to differ; Thailand can and will do something different or perish. International tourism the way we knew it is finished. Sure, it may make a modest comeback temporarily but it wont last. The sooner Thailand comes to grips with the inevitable, the better off it will be in the long run. The writing is on the wall for all that can read and "Denial" is not a river in Egypt. The World has changed and those that recognize this fact will fair the best in the long run.

Of course the change is called the NEW NORMAL right?......Sorry but all of us dont plan on boarding the train to the new dystopia...

Edited by redwood1

This Health Ministry Advisor reminds me of a government "Engineer" who came to my place following complaints of no water for 5 weeks. He had a look round and pronounced that the reason I had no water was because I needed a bigger meter ! Very sad to see people here in positions of authority who have no idea or concept of reality 😞 If such minds prevail then I see little hope for Thailand in the future, unless maybe reading suddenly becomes "IN" and all the entertainment places become libraries !

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Accidental Tourist said:

hmm...how can a Government help a semi or totally illegal business, which been just "ignored" since ever due bribes and greedy officials... this is pure insanity!

Insanity is in your post!

How are bars, clubs and discos illegal business???

They are fully legal business (as long as they own the correct licences).

• Like 1

He is an idiot and anti drinker. I kept my staff in my bar restaurant but stayed closed. If I cant open at the end of the month, I will lay off the staff demolish the building and make it a garage for my car collection. More Thais out of work, just what is needed for the Thai economy

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

then I see little hope for Thailand in the future, unless maybe reading suddenly becomes "IN" and all the entertainment places become libraries !

This should be a long way to go

as far as i can remember in 20 years of travels and

residency in thailand i have never seen a Thai reading a book

(Except the young ones with school books)

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Yeah, but I bet the number of 'legs eleven' would be astounding. Not so many 'two fat ladies eighty-eight'.

Illegal?

6 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Bingo .? 

That's gambling, so no 🙄😞

1 minute ago, Raphus said:

Well for me. What I keep seeing is that those in power have absolutely no idea about how to deal with it. After repeated questions from the press and no brain power to conclude a proper and positive plan, they get frustrated and come out with idiotic remarks.

My experience with governments in asia as a whole just reinforce what is happening here.

The brain power and education of these officials is so low, that they have completely no idea what to do and how to move forward.

It doesnt surprise me to see statements such as these posted by the so called leaders of the country.

Come and live in the UK where are clowns can't even get a track and trace app up and running.

Stay in Asia, its a joy compared to our self entitled masses.

As soon as i can get/allowed a flight to Thailand I'm away.

• Like 1

Its a Financial Correction!

No Tourists - Bars Close - Rents Go Down - Beer Gets Cheaper 😉

Isn’t this exactly what this Government have wanted from day one, they’ve tried everything to get rid of the bars by reducing opening hours and claiming that there are no longer prostitutes in Pattaya, this is just the excuse they need now to finally shut down any forms of pleasure !

• Like 1

So, how about the virus mutates within the next 12 months, to a far less infectious strain (as SARS1 and H1N1 etc did).

Then there will be no point taking a vaccine, and we can all get on with our lives as normal!
There, sorted!

I'll have a JD coke, and one for the lady also 😉.

7 minutes ago, sapson said:

Are you fully recovered from the ordeal ...living in Pattaya the biggest brothel in the world and being invited for some fun must of been a shocking experience.

FYI: Biggest brothel in the World is said to be Daulatdia, in Bangladesh.