Thailand's entertainment industry can't just do something else instead because of Covid-19, says insider

webfact

3 hours ago, Redvic said:

What's wrong to old to get it up????

Or he could be a normal guy who is happy with his missus and not sad enough to pay for sex,,, imagine that!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, moe666 said:

Bars have been around since day one or as soon as they yearned how to ferment. You are wasteing your time talking them down, you can close them up and they will reopen somewhere else. I am 74 years old started going into bars in Japan, HongKong, Philippines, and a lot of other asian countries when I was 18 years old. No one will ever get rid of this action

some people just get old and can't handle change. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, pmk1000 said:

Willy your right there isn't anywhere in the world like Pattaya, a true playground for any man regardless of how much money he has or earns

White color blue color in Pattaya there is someone for everyone, I have mates who live in ireland and England who dont get their end unless they come to Pattaya.

For a lot of guys coming to pattaya is like going to paradise, and their first rock n roll in bed for a long time. I dont normally comment in this forum but today I had to, I will miss the old Pattaya as will mention of men the world over. I really try to be positive and think it will come back, it's very difficult to see that happening. For one the west have decimated their economies, a lot of people out of work. As previously stated before the plandemic times were bad, most bar owners I know were down 20 to 40% overall to Christmas.

There are powerful people both in government and the private sector who want change, for this reason in itself, it will happen. 

I find your post a bit pathetic. Go and find a decent woman (if one will have you) and stop paying some young, poor unfortunate to get your sexual kicks.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

I find your post a bit pathetic. Go and find a decent woman (if one will have you) and stop paying some young, poor unfortunate to get your sexual kicks.

Yeah don't employ them so they can put food on the family table.... let em starve.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Eureka !! The perfect solution ! Have all the bars convert to massage parlors that only do "Soapies" using an anti-virus gel instead of the old Mazola ???? and anyone who is strongly opposed to other people enjoying themselves should find no problem in locating some health drink haven for the oldies ????

so blokes who don't want to spend their time and money with hookers must be oldies? Sad man. I guess Pattaya is right for you because no decent, hot woman would voluntarily give you the time of day back home, right?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mattd said:

Ever thought of living somewhere else that would suit you, Saudi Arabia perhaps, wonderful place, no bars, no alcohol, no girls, little entertainment................

Give us your thoughts of what should replace the bars etc.

You haven't lived until you have put a long white frock on, and danced around chanting with a load of men, waving a sword in the air!

8 hours ago, bangrak said:

Why don't you rather move to another place, in the middle of nowhere preferably, should suit you well, ..."Oldie"!

I think it will be yourself that will need to find another hooker resort soon. Don't know where that will be, perhaps "nowhere" so you can keep the "Oldies" company. ????

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, impulse said:

Still, there's something profoundly sad about pimping out your nation's daughters to put food on their table. 

Remember when you were in grade school and all the little girls in your class aspired to grow up and get jobs that enabled them to hump old men?

You might find it profoundly sad but yet it happens world over, some of the girls actually do it voluntarily and enjoy the income and lifestyle !!

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

I have heard that lame argument 1000 times before, always from sad men who frequently use hookers for their sexual gratification. You think the only solution for young women in a developing country has to be having some sad old git pumping away on her for money so she can feed her family? oh wait,, are you going to tell me they actually enjoy it? Has it ever occurred to you that young attractive women might rather be with a young, good looking, local guy rather then some loser who can't succeed with women in his own country without paying for it.????

Did you get burnt by a bar girl ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, michael888 said:

Many tourists come here for this "entertainment".  If Thailand wants to disassociate itself with this, say goodbye to at least 50 % of your tourists.  They should subsidize and respect these people. 

For every monger they lose, they can gain entire families with holiday budgets that dwarf the single cheap Charlie.  It will take years, and they'd have to offer alternatives.  Southern California alone get more tourist money than all of Thailand.  And it's not for the hookers.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Did you get burnt by a bar girl ?

Or I could just be that I find blokes who need to use hookers and pay for sex sad losers. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

You might find it profoundly sad but yet it happens world over, some of the girls actually do it voluntarily and enjoy the income and lifestyle !!

???? Sure, they just love having your sweaty, old carcass all over them, I mean what young girl wouldn't. You don't live on planet earth do you. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, impulse said:

For every monger they lose, they can gain entire families with holiday budgets that dwarf the single cheap Charlie.  It will take years, and they'd have to offer alternatives.  Southern California alone get more tourist money than all of Thailand.  And it's not for the hookers.

You are trying to convince a sex tourist that there is life after hookers, don't waste your breath, unfortunately there are millions of the them. Good news is that they are declining because the days where they take their meagre pension / benefits package to a poor, developing country are numbered. Thailand is soon going to price itself out of the market for the cheap, charlie sex tourists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Actually they just pay them to go away after. 

I find people who look down from their high horse kinds sad too, live and let live eh!

Could say Im looking down from my high horse,,,, or the simple fact is you are just one of those immoral, sad losers who can't get a real woman. Take your pick, I don't mind or care, it doesn't change who you are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You seem to care. 

By whose standards are we defining morality here, and what makes a sex-worker sub-human or not a real woman?  Seems awfully blinkered attitude. I wouldn't go there or worry about it.

By whose standards are we defining morality? You're kidding right? I don't ever remember calling a sex worker sub human, that's just your poor attempt at twisting my words and it's not in the least bit convincing. A real man can find a real woman and have consenting sex without  paying for it. An old man who goes to developing country to pay poor young girls to hump away on for cash is subhuman..????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

No, I just don't want to share yours thanks.

You are classing them all as non-real women without knowing them, no need to twist your words, they are there to be read. 

I shall not bother you further, I find your type best avoided. 

Wow, you got me there, that's exactly what I said, you're too clever for me. ????

My type is a man who is able to net himself a beautiful missus and have no need to pay young, unfortunate girls from a poor country for sex, something you obviously cannot do. I am happy to be that way. No need for me to ever evaluate and question my behaviour and judging by your answers you don't feel you need to either. 

Your type are looked down on (from their high horses if you like) by almost everyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

And yet here you are actively involved in a sub forum about a place that is known for its seedier side of life.

Pot/kettle/black ?

There are people who work in Pattaya who don't use hookers. Its close to Laemchabang and the docks, buffoon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

horrible where you lose your freedom and your rights.

And worse if you go bankrupt with no freedom or rights.

I can't believe that landlords are not trying their best to keep tenants. It's not like they will get replacement tenants anytime soon (or ever), so they have absolutely nothing to lose by not charging rent until things get back to some type of normal. They have a much better chance of having tenants when it is all over if they do their best to keep their existing ones. Are the landlords here tyrants that live in a bubble, oblivious to what's going on around them? In the end they will be the biggest losers if they don't start helping out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, tropo said:

And worse if you go bankrupt with no freedom or rights.

I can't believe that landlords are not trying their best to keep tenants. It's not like they will get replacement tenants anytime soon (or ever), so they have absolutely nothing to lose by not charging rent until things get back to some type of normal. They have a much better chance of having tenants when it is all over if they do their best to keep their existing ones. Are the landlords here tyrants that live in a bubble, oblivious to what's going on around them? In the end they will be the biggest losers if they don't start helping out.

A lot of sense in what you say. The only considerations for landlord though is for how long will they get no income from the property? How do they make their own ends meet in the meantime? They will be blinded by these issues so they won't think it through so clearly.

If you are a person renting and have had your income hit you are in deep trouble if you are a local. If you are a foreigner, probably time to go home I guess.

Impossible times for everyone, very sad. stay safe

9 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

A lot of sense in what you say. The only considerations for landlord though is for how long will they get no income from the property? How do they make their own ends meet in the meantime? They will be blinded by these issues so they won't think it through so clearly.

If you are a person renting and have had your income hit you are in deep trouble if you are a local. If you are a foreigner, probably time to go home I guess.

Impossible times for everyone, very sad. stay safe

They won't get replacement tenants, so they should be without income longer than their tenants, because even when businesses eventually open, they will need many months to get to a situation where they can afford to pay rent.

I suspect that the majority of bars and discos will shut up shop permanently unless the landlords forgive rent payments for a long period.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

No, I just don't want to share yours thanks.

You are classing them all as non-real women without knowing them, no need to twist your words, they are there to be read. 

I shall not bother you further, I find your type best avoided. 

I think you are trolling.

Trolling? What because I think using hookers is a sad mans game and I am not afraid to voice it? Pattaya has thrived on sex tourists for too long. It needs to re think how it is going to thrive going forward and in my view getting rid of all the sex tourists would not be a bad thing. Or,,, become an Asian version of Amsterdam and be done with it, then at least there could be protection for the girls and strict regulation with regular, sex clinic tests. I abhore prostitution and the sad losers that fuel the industry but it is not going away because of that, it just won't be Pattaya that remains as the sex capital it once was (unless Thailand embrace it like Amsterdam). 

The alternative is try and change the image which will take decades and I think Pattaya has gone too far with over development and lack of care of the environment to turn it into a high class beach resort such as Mauritius. Thailand has always been greedy putting insensitive development ahead of preserving the natural beauty that would make it so appealing. 

For the time being it's stuck with sex tourists such as yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tropo said:

They won't get replacement tenants, so they should be without income longer than their tenants, because even when businesses eventually open, they will need many months to get to a situation where they can afford to pay rent.

I suspect that the majority of bars and discos will shut up shop permanently unless the landlords forgive rent payments for a long period.

All makes sense, I hope your words ring true with landlords but I suspect they won't. More likely people will be turfed out without the Landlords properly thinking it through.