Video: Horrific head on smash in the rain claims four lives

webfact

6 minutes ago, Andy from Kent said:

Until the day this forum ceases to exist, people will be making  identical comments  about driving in Thailand.   Nothing will change regarding driving here so I say just understand  that and do the best driving you can:  Don't speed, don't engage in road rage, stay aware, drive defensively, and don't drink drive. 

Now if the authorities  really cared about deaths  in Thailand from driving there would be barriers installed which would drastically cut  down on deaths of oncoming traffic.   And while they're at it, better planning of exits and on ramps could be done as well.

No, if they cared they would have cops out there on the streets.....:coffee1:

24 minutes ago, giddyup said:

My point is that you said the bed was plastic, when in fact it is only plastic lined. Do I need to quote what you said? These utes are dangerous at high speed, the plastic bed at the back means there is no weight over the back wheels unless they are loaded, accidents waiting to happen. And also: Yeah you know trans that part of the truck bed that used to be metal and these days is plastic?  So now you are back pedalling?

I'm a bit of a fixed wheel old boy ????????

9 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Perhaps you should try removing the plastic 'lining' on a new ute and see what is left

I've seen what's underneath, it's steel.  You show me any pictures or info that it's plastic and I'll be happy to apologise.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

I've seen what's underneath, it's steel.  You show me any pictures or info that it's plastic and I'll be happy to apologise.

Have quick look at the photographic evidence of the result of the accident for the strong rear end

Just now, 473geo said:

Not really, I fully understand you must be short of useful things to do today, it is lock down after all, many of us in the same boat

As I said, I'm happy to eat crow if you prove me wrong re pickup beds. Are you man enough to do the same?

20 hours ago, smedly said:

they are still unbalanced and light at the rear and highly dangerous 

the ones they race have weights added to the rear to balance them out 

You just reminded me.  In 1971 in Australia I worked with a chap who raced his ute could of been at Woneroo race track and he had bricks lining the back.  He said he held the track record .

Just now, 473geo said:

Look at the wreck for evidence of your strong metal bed

Oh, now it has to be strong, not just plastic? If you want to appear more silly by sticking by your comments that the bed is plastic, so be it. I'm sure people still believe the earth is flat as well.

21 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Typical of the Thais to drive on the right hand lane even though the left lane was clear. If the Pajero driver had stuck to the left hand lane, as per the law, he may well have avoided the crash.

You  can't  tell  them even  on  an  empty road they  sit  there km  after  km

2 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

The idiotic TV ads for these machines have a lot to answer for, these loons believe that they can drive as they want on any road surface and under any weather conditions with the resultant carnage.

I also  like the  macho announcer on those  ads  rolling their  R's extra  loud and showing them driving upa  mountain at speed  etc, totally pathetic .

• Like 1

21 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Typical of the Thais to drive on the right hand lane even though the left lane was clear. If the Pajero driver had stuck to the left hand lane, as per the law, he may well have avoided the crash.

I reckon I would have seen that idiot coming

Not sure if I would have been able to anticipate where he would end up but I think I would have been staying left and swerving even further left to avoid the head on 

On 5/20/2020 at 10:40 AM, webfact said:

Horrific head on smash in the rain claims four lives

Officials citing the sudden spike in deaths announced closing the airport to all travel, banned all alcohol sales, imposed a curfew from 20:00 to 04:00 daily, banned the sale of gasoline ( since some might use it to speed) and are installing speed bumps every 20 meters to keep the top speed to only 8 kph.  Oh wait, its only when the deaths are from a virus that over reaction is considered keeping the public safe. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Oh, now it has to be strong, not just plastic? If you want to appear more silly by sticking by your comments that the bed is plastic, so be it. I'm sure people still believe the earth is flat as well.

Look at the aftermath of the accident, not much evidence of strong welds on the back of the ute is there? now why would that be? Less metal? thus making the whole bed weaker?  after all that was my point right? Also making the rear end of the truck lighter, but you are telling me the bed is all metal, where and why did it go?

43 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I think one of the reasons that Thais like to drive in the centre lane are road conditions. I have found that the centre lane can be a lot smoother and pot hole free than the left hand lane. No excuse for driving like a maniac in the wet though.

Add to that the poor drainage that can cause the left lane to accumulate standing water.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

Look at the aftermath of the accident, not much evidence of strong welds on the back of the ute is there? now why would that be? Less metal? thus making the whole bed weaker?  after all that was my point right? Also making the rear end of the truck lighter, but you are telling me the bed is all metal, where and why did it go?

Stop bobbing and weaving, you said the back was plastic, end of. You were wrong, man up and admit it.

On 5/20/2020 at 1:46 PM, keith101 said:

RIP       But absolute stupidity driving that fast in the rain .

23 hours ago, nev said:

Indeed I had one a tray back Ute here in Australia when not loaded you can easily lose it in dry or wet conditions.

Agreed, aerodynamics at speed are similar to a 747 with flat tyres, the white vehicle was aqua planning it looked but had some speed.

Since  living here i think i am a more cautious driver and  Expecting the exact opposite to common sense on the roads.

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

I think it stood quite well it was quite a whack

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Stop bobbing and weaving, you said the back was plastic, end of. You were wrong, man up and admit it.

I was wrong - I will don't mind saying it at all for greater good, doing everybody a favour by hopefully stopping your overly punctllious and pointless dialogue ????

• Haha 1

Just now, 473geo said:

I was wrong - I will don't mind saying it at all for greater good, doing everybody a favour by hopefully stopping your overly punctllious and pointless dialogue ????

At last. Like pulling bloody teeth!

Edited by giddyup

On 5/20/2020 at 1:55 PM, lazeeboy said:

Hydroplaning is all too common in the rain doesn't matter how fast they were going once you loose it very hard to control itv

Of course it matters how fast you're going! 

Wouldn't have happened if he was driving much slower to suit the wet road conditions!

On 5/20/2020 at 2:15 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:

I was thinking the exact same thing...