Video: Horrific head on smash in the rain claims four lives

webfact

On 5/20/2020 at 1:56 PM, 473geo said:

These utes are dangerous at high speed, the plastic bed at the back means there is no weight over the back wheels unless they are loaded, accidents waiting to happen.

So true, tyre pressure up for a full load no doubt. One of our drivers in the UK used to lash down a 45 drum of water on the back.

20 hours ago, 473geo said:

Look at the aftermath of the accident, not much evidence of strong welds on the back of the ute is there? now why would that be? Less metal? thus making the whole bed weaker?  after all that was my point right? Also making the rear end of the truck lighter, but you are telling me the bed is all metal, where and why did it go?

The plastic is just a liner and not part of the trays strength

• Like 1

23 hours ago, giddyup said:

Stop bobbing and weaving, you said the back was plastic, end of. You were wrong, man up and admit it.

You're trolling again i see. Funny how you always seem to find someone to argue with

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Peterhua said:

You're trolling again i see. Funny how you always seem to find someone to argue with

It's not difficult when people will stick to their guns even when proven wrong. Not sure what I'd classify your comment as, flaming perhaps.

On 5/20/2020 at 2:55 AM, lazeeboy said:

Hydroplaning is all too common in the rain doesn't matter how fast they were going once you loose it very hard to control itv

Why do they not understand this?  As a kid in the USA, I learned to drive in all weather, rain, snow, glare ice.  I have driven a little Totoya pickup for years, and they are like a hog running on ice even if it's a bit wet.  Did a 360 spinout with a 1969 Chevy Camaro on an ice patch one time. 

If you hit a patch of water in a dip in the road, you have to react quickly. Hitting slushy snow on the side of a road can be even worse, it will drag you off the side.  Better not to tempt fate.