VIDEO: Should dogs be allowed in stores? Debate rages on Thainet

webfact

VIDEO: Should dogs be allowed in stores? Debate rages on Thainet

5pm.jpg

Image: Daily News

Daily News said that comment was rife online after a Facebook video post showed a Thai woman trying to carry a dog into a convenience store.

The woman was most upset after the staff forbid it.

She threatened to complain about them.

She said that her dog was not dirty and it was ridiculous to expect her to leave her pet in the car.

The media said that most people turned on the dog owner for her rudeness saying she should be completely aware of rules about animals in stores.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-20

I have also a little shi tzu and in my home country germany it is also not allow to bring s dog in a shop. The dog can wait outside in boxes who stay by the shop.

But in the other side I dont understand why it is not allow to go with a dig in a park or wherever. I think the Thais have a other understanding about dogs then the Europeans. For us a dig is a member from our family and we do all activity together with our little dog. 

• Sad 1

Our local dogs enter the 7/11 by themselves. They have worked out how to use the electric doors and know its nice and cool in there in the hot season! No accompanying human entities in sight. In fact not sure if they have owners.

• Haha 1

Being brought up in the country, we always had dogs around, been in love with so many dogs in my life.

Just reckon its cruel for dogs to be kept in a condo-or cats for that matter, just unhygienic. Animals need open spaces-a house with a garden is ideal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cmsally said:

Our local dogs enter the 7/11 by themselves. They have worked out how to use the electric doors and know its nice and cool in there in the hot season! No accompanying human entities in sight. In fact not sure if they have owners.

Our local 7/11 is chasing them out. But they figured out they can lay in front of doors and getting waves of cold air as are people leaving/entering. When heat strucks you can see a few of them hanging out around the doors.

34 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Why ! in Gods name should an Animal that can lick its own A%^e, be allowed within 10 Metres of Food that is for Human Consumption.

Gross

Think of the things you probably licked over the years before condemning them  :smile:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

Why ! in Gods name should an Animal that can lick its own A%^e, be allowed within 10 Metres of Food that is for Human Consumption.

Gross

There maybe humans that can do the same, and probably are.....????.......????

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I watched in Tesco, as a lady with her little dog was shopping.  She put the dog down as she grabbed a package from the shelf and the dog had a bowel movement.  she looked at the turd on the floor, picked up her dog and walked on as if nothing had happened, never cleaned up after her dog.  I found an employee and showed him, and he cleaned it up.  He was thoroughly disgusted.  I thought only service dogs were allowed like in the parks.....

Hope he didn't think it was you who left a whoopsie in the aisle. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Simple answer is  no !

How long  before soi dogs would be permitted to sleep in the aisles and scratch away instead of outside ?

My local "mini" Big C  has a dog that often sleeps in the isles or blocking the door..I've asked the staff a few times  do they sell dog by the kilo or per carcass ?   sometimes they offer a little giggle in reply  but never shoo the thing out of the shop.

:whistling: We lived in the same street, some years ago, for some 13 years. 7-Eleven had a sign saying no dogs but all the staff knew my wife's dog by name. In fairness she was carrying him but...

20 minutes ago, mbkk said:

tops.jpg.a7edc96747f07047a2bd1fab88f32509.jpg

what a twit, hope that basket is disinfected from the fleas, and ticks and dander.  That Biatch needs to have her head examined.  Leave the fracking dog at home when you go shopping.  Damn Thais are as attached to their micro pets as much as they are there telephones...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2long said:

. so they shouldn't be (officially) allowed in.

Exactly, used to take my two (shiatzu and miniature poodle) into the local shop all the time. Haven"t tried it since lockdown though. The girls were used to them. They'd settle in a corner and not give any problems. Guys get overheated about this, the default position is "No". Allow a little bit of discretion.