VIDEO: Rule number one when driving in Thailand: Concentrate at all times

webfact

9 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Concentrate on what exactly?  Their Line messages? Re-applying their makeup? Or the road ahead? 

If he was concentrating on the accident in front and change to the middle lane instead of panic brake this collision could have been avoided, he had already passed a car in the middle lane and had a space to change lanes. 

4 hours ago, digger70 said:

Not a bad Idea, shame most drivers/riders here in Thailand are not capable of doing that. You look around when driving and what do you see People smoking/drinking/talking arguing on the phone /texting on the phone /playing games on the phone/ having kids (helping)to drive/ride. Blasting Music(Noise bass)  Not adhering to the road rules/cars not road worthy faulty Lights /blinkers Tyres/brakes .And to top it off Brainless drivers

This is the best description of thai drivers I have ever read.

They do all kind of stupid stuff while driving except paying attention to traffic in front and back.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Captain_Bob said:

"bent down to pick up his water bottle" 

More likely playing with their stupid phone. See that all the time on Thai roads. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. more important than (other) human lives. 

More likely the truth is, they fell asleep. Sad thing also is that the driver didn't stop. 

What  a joke Thai Tv. I got a better suggestion Make avideo showing Thais how to drive properly on the road, know the rules, and stop being inpatient.See always an excuse why there was a accident He went down to pick up his water bottle. More like I was playing on my phone

Concentrating on the road saves lives but so many of the accident videos that you see in Thailand show a reckless, out of control driver running cars that are obeying traffic rules right off the road. They often have no chance, concentration or not. That's what happened yesterday with the Buriram crash. Totally reckless pick-up crosses median and slams right into an oncoming SUV. There's nothing the driver of the SUV could have done to get out of the way. 

19 hours ago, simtemple said:

It wasn't an accident, It was a crash caused by sheer stupidity. 

This is one of the examples I wrote about before here on Thaivisa, there is always the very small chance that you can run into the vehicle in front of you and still be blameless.

On 5/20/2020 at 11:43 AM, ezzra said:

In my experience, also pretty much everywhere reading the road a head will save your life and limbs time and time again...

I was reading the road ahead while crossing the median strip to visit a shop. Should have been reading the road behind too. Got smacked in the right hand front wheel by some idiot trying to pass at high speed. He had two empty lanes on my left. I think he came out of a car parking area and drove up the wrong side of the road in the direction he needed to go instead of crossing onto the correct side of the road. Lucky no injuries but also no pickup for me for a month. At least he admitted his mistake and was insured so no cost to me.

Driver of the car very slow to react to the collision ahead. He waited at least a second to react after the truck started veering into his lane. He should have reacted with the initial collision of the trucks.

• Like 1

9 line markers were passed from the time of the truck impact till the car impact.

5 line markers from the time the car decided to brake, no de-acceleration from taking foot off the gas pedal during the event. The car driver wasted a lot of time and made no attempt to slow till it was way too late. Almost 6 seconds elapsed from the time the trucks collided, he didn't brake till 3 seconds later.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dluek said:

Concentrating on the road saves lives but so many of the accident videos that you see in Thailand show a reckless, out of control driver running cars that are obeying traffic rules right off the road. They often have no chance, concentration or not. That's what happened yesterday with the Buriram crash. Totally reckless pick-up crosses median and slams right into an oncoming SUV. There's nothing the driver of the SUV could have done to get out of the way. 

My feeling is if that SUV were in the left lane instead of the right hand lane it's possible the collision might have been avoided.

A few years ago I was driving from Lamphun to Chiang Mai down the super highway. I was in lane 2 ( the slow lane ) probobly doing about 80km p/h when a car shot passed me on its roof. He also must have dropped his water bottle, hit the curb and flipped the car over. But I have to say, its not everyday you see that, but more likely to here than elsewhere.

On 5/20/2020 at 1:44 PM, stouricks said:

He did not put his emergency clickers on, but left the radio playing!   PML

..and he didn't react way ahead of the erratic behavior of the truck driver, while the truck was still in the left lane.

In my experience, also pretty much everywhere reading the road a head will save your life and limbs time and time again...

The truck didnt really collide with the car, it was rather

On 5/20/2020 at 1:44 PM, stouricks said:

He did not put his emergency clickers on, but left the radio playing!   PML

the other way around.

By the time the car was behind the truck, he car was too fast to slow down, thats if he hit the breaks hard enough, which I doubt.

Fault is with the car driver, not to be prepared with what was about to happen

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...