More than 5m shoppers sign up to ThaiChana contact-tracing platform

webfact

More than 5m shoppers sign up to ThaiChana contact-tracing platform

By THE NATION

800_235b1cc54b81880.jpg?v=1589956855

Taweesin Visanuyothin

A total of 67,904 businesses nationwide had registered for the government’s ThaiChana (Thai Victory) platform as of 9pm on Tuesday (May 19) while 5.077 million members of the public were using the platform, according to Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman of the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration.

The coronavirus contact-tracing platform generates a QR code which registered businesses can place at their entrances. The QR code tells them how many customers have visited their shop or business, and also how customers rate their service.

Customers, meanwhile, use their smartphones to “check in” and check out of the businesses on entry and exit, which also helps limits numbers to ensure social distancing. The platform records no personal information about users except for their phone number.

Customers have used it to enter shops 8.584 million times and to check out 6.359 million times, while 3.984 million customer reviews have been logged by the platform. On Tuesday, the platform saw 3.013 million check-ins, 2.299 million check-outs, and 714,581 ratings by customers.

Most businesses registered on the platform are located in Bangkok (21,590), followed by other big cities such as Chonburi (3,902), Nonthaburi (3,714) and Samut Prakan (2,701), Teewasin said.

Food and beverage businesses accounted for the greatest number of registrations, following by malls, supermarkets, convenient stores, and retail stores, he added.

Meanwhile, the spokesman said officials had checked 17,588 businesses nationwide and found that only five were not implementing Covid-19 preventive measures. However, another 1,863 businesses or activities fell short of government standards on virus prevention. This group mainly consisted of film/video shoots, of which 20 per cent failed to meet standards, fitness clubs (16.5 per cent), barbers (13.9 per cent), and libraries (12.9 per cent), he explained.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388180

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-20

sheeple gladly accepting government surveillance, over a virus that 98% of people recover from, and basically all under age 50 recover from.

When I tell my thai friends some of the real facts about the virus, per capita infection and deaths, infection fatality risk, and demographics of those hospitalized or dying from infection and they look at me like I have lobsters crawling out of my ears.

• Haha 1

Sooooooon very very very soooooon the light is going to start going off in retailers head that people are avoiding walking into shops so as to avoid all this registering rigamarole..........

No more just walking into a shop out of curiosity.....No thats finished.......This registering madness will be keeping out random shoppers...Only those that really need some thing will enter....... 

This registering madness will be costing retailers big $$$$$....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

Some people seem to think that they live here in secrecy like the outside world cant see them. Track and trace is for the reason it is intended, track who has an issue and trace those who may have  come into contact.

The whole world is on the same script, those of us who go back to our home countries pass there passports for scanning same on the way out, you get to Swampy and got you again go to IO got you again use your Debit or credit card got you again its how it is, there are millions of camera's to protect us but also watch us.

Covid is a global problem of which at present Los seems to have drawn  a lucky card, but and only but if it comes here in vengeance in a second or third wave the quicker they can react then the less damage done, however if you are on the run for child molestation or murder or remarried before you are divorced, probably better to avoid every business in Los who  have or will sign up to protect against the possibilities of a future spike.

On 5/21/2020 at 10:29 AM, Almer said:

Help please,  to get into Makro  KK yesterday i had to open my line account what happens now and who wanted to know about me, I'm not paranoid but good to know.

Try downloading a barcode scanner app. I am sure they work just as well as Line. Most people use Line because of the built in barcode scanner.

I have a barcode scanning app, but haven't tried it on this yet, but I am pretty sure it will work.

2 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I never knew that so many people with my name Mickey Mouse lived in Pattaya.

You go to Disneyland - see all of these guys fall in love with Minnie Mouse and don't expect many many to be named Mickey?

This is not an app so no need to download anything if you are asked to download an app it's a fake site that can collect all your data on your phone and it's not a barcode you need the QR reader app, just sign your name on the way in, simple

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 7:07 AM, yellowboat said:

I don't bring my phones with me all the time.  So now you are forced to own and carry a smart phone?  Thailand 2.0 and 3.0 were so much better than what is happening today. 

Saw this yesterday for the first time. There was also a sheet just write name and ph. number. No need for QR. Went back again early evening and neither QR code or name and number were being enforced.