Where to buy affordable aircons instead of HomePro?

TheJoker999

As mentioned, Independent Home stores in your town/City.

Also, start a conversation with your neighbors who've recently purchased and see if there are any deals to be had, and get names/numbers and costs of local people that they trust to do the periodic unit cleaning.

After going around to a few stores and getting all the physical sizes, cooling capacity, power required etc i finalised a suitable model for each of our 3 bedrooms and the living room. Then ordered online, far cheaper and same guarantees. Been 4 years now, never had a problem.

We are getting new aircon 12 Btu 11,500 from Big'C' Global house shut, can't wait.

Gonna fix the old Samsung myself the aircon guys around us only know how to clean and fit new ones a useless bunch of toss pots.

OP don't get inverter air-cons unless your house/ place whatever is well insulated. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

We are getting new aircon 12 Btu 11,500 from Big'C' Global house shut, can't wait.

Gonna fix the old Samsung myself the aircon guys around us only know how to clean and fit new ones a useless bunch of toss pots.

OP don't get inverter air-cons unless your house/ place whatever is well insulated. 

curious to confirm your price is 11500 thb for a 12,000 BTU unit?..

and curious to know your reasoning behind not getting an inverter air con if your house is non insulated...

24 minutes ago, casey1 said:

1. curious to confirm your price is 11500 thb for a 12,000 BTU unit?..

2. curious to know your reasoning behind not getting an inverter air con if your house is non insulated...

1. Go to Big 'C' in Sukhothai it's a Sharp air-con 12 btu unit @ 11,595 bht.

2. The information on inverter air-cons is available for you to judge for yourself, if used in conditions not suitable they will cost you more in electricity.

They are also more complicated and cost more to fix that's if you can found anybody to do that in Thailand.

Bad enough trying to get someone to fix an ordinary aircon where I live, that's why I clean em and fix em myself it's not rocket science.

All I get the local aircon planks to do is check the gas has no leakage.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

agreed but you know that exists in every country not just here.... average joe has no idea how to clean or fix themselves and will call an "expert" in....

inverter versus no inverter for non insulated homes...you were suggesting what the op does and fair response to ask why you think that... not about trying to bang you ....

I know a little about air con to be dangerous but always keen to expand my knowledge.... hence my question about your suggestion

1000thb per 1000BTU seems to be good rule of thumb including installation

10 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

1. Go to Big 'C' in Sukhothai it's a Sharp air-con 12 btu unit @ 11,595 bht.

2. The information on inverter air-cons is available for you to judge for yourself, if used in conditions not suitable they will cost you more in electricity.

They are also more complicated and cost more to fix that's if you can found anybody to do that in Thailand.

Bad enough trying to get someone to fix an ordinary aircon where I live, that's why I clean em and fix em myself it's not rocket science.

All I get the local aircon planks to do is check the gas has no leakage.

I clean them myself too as far as possible. But not because I like to do it. These aircon cleaning experts always left my aircons in a broken state - missing screws, not built together correctly and more. After several companies I gave up. 

I never let them check the gas and never had a problem in this respect - they often just damage the valves and then you will have leaks. If they are damaged already then you will be their regular customer.

• Like 1

homepro often quotes their prices including installation, which, to my estimate, is around 2500-4000thb, depending on contractor. When asking for prices, ask for installation costs.

Recently, the main board from my samsung split aircon blew up. I went to a local aircon shop and bought an econo brand indoor unit which can be fitted to samsung and mitsu compressors (between 9000 and 12000btu). The whole indoor unit was 4000thb. (did the installation myself). Is now purring coldly for 2 months already. And yes, it is a thai product. 3 months warranty or so... Good for me cheap charlie????

Figure out what unit you want.

Get a price online

Go to the air-con dealer closest to you and show them the price and see how close they can come. 

Modern Air is a good online resource for comparing and pricing.

Expecting a company with overhead and warranty service to match prices with an online "trader" is not realistic.

"You get what you pay for."  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Ive taken to buying everything on shoppee/lazada - even aircons. 

I look around in the shops for what I want and see if its cheaper on the internet, then buy it there. 

90% of the time I find what im looking for cheaper. 

Effectively stealing from the shops you walk around, nice.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, stouricks said:

But if they go wrong???????

I bought an air conditioner recently through Lazada! Hisense! very good prices now! 18,500 BTU 16k inverter type. 

Hisense is Chinese, but guess everything nowadays made in China.

They had free fitting, delivery and fitted 3 days later. Have helpline now.

they are the only company to offer 3 years warranty (unit inside) 10 years compressor!

I am very happy! - worth a try! 

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Effectively stealing from the shops you walk around, nice.

Spare me. 

Im just stealing back the time they make me waste looking around their shops for an hour only to be told they have no stock when its time to actually make a purchase. 

And if by some freak of nature they actually have a unit in stock and its cheaper than online, I make a purchase. 

Hitachi are very reliable i have 2 32000 btu made in malaysia (now 8 years old), and 3 lg dual inverter 18000 btu (7 years old)made in south korea use them on 40% power at 24C work very well. All bought local store in bualai muaeng palai.

I do weekly clean of filter mesh and monthly evaporator wash, replenish with R22 every year.

Will be getting a Daikin for the gym little more expensive but more efficient, better engineered and practically silent.

49 minutes ago, Martinpeter said:

I bought an air conditioner recently through Lazada! Hisense! very good prices now! 18,500 BTU 16k inverter type. 

Hisense is Chinese, but guess everything nowadays made in China.

They had free fitting, delivery and fitted 3 days later. Have helpline now.

they are the only company to offer 3 years warranty (unit inside) 10 years compressor!

I am very happy! - worth a try! 

But has it gone wrong yet?   

On 5/20/2020 at 6:19 PM, TheJoker999 said:

Thanks guys i saw that lazada and shopee had superb pricings, even better then homepro. Well i guess ecommerce is the right place to get them now

Then you have to find and pay someone to fit the A/c,taking

that into account,the prices may not look so good.

regards worgeordie       P.S.  Plus you have to find person to service.

Edited by worgeordie