Youngsters land in hot soup over ‘fun’

snoop1130

Youngsters land in hot soup over ‘fun’

By The Nation

800_eeab7d9bf404905.jpg

The so-called gang of thieves who stole a motorcycle in Lat Phrao district during curfew hours on Monday (May 18) turned out to be children aged between 10 and 15.

Police arrested four of the “criminals” on Wednesday in a community near the Wang Hin bridge intersection.

The gang allegedly stole a Yamaha motorcycle during curfew hours, but their act was captured on a security camera.

The four arrested kids, aged 10, 12, 13 and 15, confessed to the crime and said they wanted to hotwire the motorcycle and ride it for fun but were unable to do so.

The police have notified their parents and sent the group to Central Juvenile and Family Court to be punished for the crimes of thievery and curfew violation.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388201?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-20

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

And where were the Parents of these 'Children' when they were out during Curfew hours ?

Oh lord...  Like you never did stuff like that when you were a kid.  

I had great parents and hung out with the smart kids (nerds) growing up.  And we violated curfews and our parents didn't know half of what we did.   

Of course, it was a different time back in the '60s and '70s.  Thailand today reminds me a lot of the USA back then.  And I miss those simpler times.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The four arrested kids, aged 10, 12, 13 and 15, confessed to the crime and said they wanted to hotwire the motorcycle and ride it for fun but were unable to do so.

Bodes well for the future then....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Almer said:

What, you mean you miss 10 year olds stealing your motorbike?

You're missing the point.  He's blaming the parents.  As if locking their kids up 24/7 is a viable option.

11 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

When I was 10 I most certainly wasn't allowed out to roam the streets in the middle of the night. It's called discipline, and has nothing at all to do with whether the streets were safer way back then.

100% agreed with, in fact i'm 71 and not allowed to roam the streets 

Edited by Almer
Additional after thought
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

A thief is a thief ???? having one,s motorcycle stolen is far from fun, and this should not be palmed off as a "fun" event !

And hot soup which sounds tasty, instead of landed in deep <deleted>