Why aren't governments advising people to boost their immune systems?

1 minute ago, Sumarianson said:

One could also argue that those who attend the institutions of so-called higher learning are more brainwashed by the institutions which were created by the Rochild's and Rocafellas in order to dominate those institutions and consequently those who are taught in them to do the bidding of the oligarchy.

So I was right then?

No degree?

Did you at least finish high school?

• Haha 1

From the NHS website:

The Behind the Headlines team has tackled numerous studies on supplements and during our work it has become clear that the widely perceived benefits of certain supplements simply do not have enough robust evidence to support them. At times, these misconceptions appear to have been formed due to press coverage, at other times because of the way some products are marketed or because of the sheer volume of misinformation floating around on the internet. 

Quackery in all but name....and a 'government' body. What more do you need?

Edited by Scott Tracy
An extra word in the original text (not the NHS quote) crept in and had to be deleted.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, simon43 said:

The importance of having a healthy and strong immune system is not just important to ward off Wuhan flu - it's important to help the body fight any type of pathogen that infects it, whether this be a virus or bacteria.

Those who are already unhealthy (eg fat, diabetic etc) should be doing all they can to strengthen their immune system, because these underlying conditions weaken the immune system.

I note in the western media that suggesting that fat people are more liable to succumb to Wuhan flu is about as welcome as offering to bang Boris's GF... the PC and snowflake generation don't want to hear the truth.  Yet when I look at the photos in the British media of those who have sadly died from this virus, one fact is evident ==> the vast majority of those who have succumbed are obese, and obesity is one cause of a weakened immune system.

Rather than risk your health, and to avoid the NHS or your country's health authority forced to care for you when you are taken ill with diseases such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart problems and strokes, (all of which are generally brought about by a self-imposed, unhealthy lifestyle), I urge you to get off your backsides, start exercising and start eating healthy food to boost your immune systems. 

I'm just back from eating my daily salad and 5Km jog ????  Now to do some free weights....

I agree with most of everything you say but am a little perplexed about the part 

about Boris's GF. She's not hideous, although having recently given birth may mean

her libido might not be sky high.

I'm not a fan of his and am barely aware of her, it just seemed like an odd thing to

put in the middle of that particular post.

Why aren't governments advising people to boost their immune systems? 

What's that got to do with the government? They don't have to hold you're hand and lead you. 

You have to have enough sense to do that yourself. same as crossing the road you have to have enough sense to do that safely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rancid said:

Hmm, I would disagree. Any rudimentary understanding of our physiology demonstrates the importance of our immune system. Read up some time time about how old Rockefeller took over healthcare and started Big Pharma, nothing conspiracy, just simply about another profit opportunity, and what fortune it still generates. Governments are all onboard with the so called science, hence why they toe the line. Read some pharmacology, they know exactly how these drugs mess people up, but they still push them.

Do you also believe in the tooth fairy? You can't just eat vitamins and your immune system will automatically improve. Get your facts straight. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 7:55 PM, steelepulse said:

Why aren't governments making getting healthy and boosting immune systems a priority?

More money if you do not "prevent" or "cure" diseases. Western medicine is about profits not cures. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Unfortunately, they don't.....  that's why 64.3% of adults in the UK are overweight (government stats), and 71.6% of those in the USA.  They would all prefer to eat sugary, processed foods and lounge in front of the TV,  rather than showing any concern for their own health.

If anything 'good' comes out of all these sad deaths from Wuhan flu, it would be that it scares the sh*t out of some unhealthy people, and they change their diet and start doing some exercise.

And that leads right into the thread I started " Will covid save more lives?" as we now see that covid morbidity is very low even with health issues, and very very low on reasonably healthy people.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

And that leads right into the thread I started " Will covid save more lives?" as we now see that covid morbidity is very low even with health issues, and very very low on reasonably healthy people.  

Where's that thread?  Can you post a link to it?  (TV search doesn't locate it)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Traubert said:

Because there is no such thing as immunity to COVID 19 or any of the corona viruses.

Thats it and all about it.

Boosting your immune system is different from generating immunity from Covid-19 or other illnesses.

There is some quality <deleted><kw!ttery on this thread so far, its not surprising which posters are throwing out their usual idiotic statements.

A poor diet can be complimented with a daily intake of vitamins which can help boost an immune system, as will getting enough sleep and ensuring you are not fatigued, not succumbing to stress etc

Why aren't governments advocating healthier diets, ensuring the intake of vitamins in a healthy diet or at least supplementing a diet? For the same reason there are no 'safe driving' campaigns on the TV etc...   for some reason the governments thing its important or don't seem to be bothered.

On 5/20/2020 at 8:11 PM, BritManToo said:

Probably, because like me, they think it's pure quackery.

Yes, it is impossible that a healthy diet, good nutrition, fitness, vitamins, minerals and herbs could boost an immune system. An immune system is immune to what we put into our bodies. And the 6.5% mortality rate in the US has nothing whatsoever to do with obesity, a horrific diet, and fast food, and none of that has anything to do with one of the highest rates of diabetes and heart disease in the world. Nothing is connected. It is all a major coincidence. So are the astonishing numbers in the US. Nothing to do with anything you insist. Clever. Brilliant. A real scientific mind at work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Traubert said:

Because there is no such thing as immunity to COVID 19 or any of the corona viruses.

Thats it and all about it.

Utter nonsense.
Ask any virologist if recovered SARS patients have immunity to SARS. They will answer "yes they do, and as far as we can see now it holds on for many years".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes, it is impossible that a healthy diet, good nutrition, fitness, vitamins, minerals and herbs could boost an immune system. An immune system is immune to what we put into our bodies. And the 6.5% mortality rate in the US has nothing whatsoever to do with obesity, a horrific diet, and fast food, and none of that has anything to do with one of the highest rates of diabetes and heart disease in the world. Nothing is connected. It is all a major coincidence. So are the astonishing numbers in the US. Nothing to do with anything you insist. Clever. Brilliant. A real scientific mind at work. 

Vitamins, herbs and dietary supplements can't improve your immune system.

Regular exercise and weight control is the only way to be healthy.

My opinions entirely match the science ........ posted here .......... by Scott Tracey.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1165069-why-arent-governments-advising-people-to-boost-their-immune-systems/?do=findComment&comment=15436834

Edited by BritManToo

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

My opinions entirely match the science.

nonsense

zinc proven immune booster

do some reading

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My opinions entirely match the science ........ posted here .......... by Scott Tracey.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1165069-why-arent-governments-advising-people-to-boost-their-immune-systems/?do=findComment&comment=15436834

Wrong again. The science states just the opposite. Vitamin D benefits are indisputable. Have been for decades now. This from the NIH.

It is now clear that vitamin D has important roles in addition to its classic effects on calcium and bone homeostasis. As the vitamin D receptor is expressed on immune cells (B cells, T cells and antigen presenting cells) and these immunologic cells are all are capable of synthesizing the active vitamin D metabolite, vitamin D has the capability of acting in an autocrine manner in a local immunologic milieu. Vitamin D can modulate the innate and adaptive immune responses. Deficiency in vitamin D is associated with increased autoimmunity as well as an increased susceptibility to infection. As immune cells in autoimmune diseases are responsive to the ameliorative effects of vitamin D, the beneficial effects of supplementing vitamin D deficient individuals with autoimmune disease may extend beyond the effects on bone and calcium homeostasis.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3166406/

• Like 1

Just now, spidermike007 said:

Wrong again. The science states just the opposite. Vitamin D benefits are indisputable. Have been for decades now. This from the NIH.

It is now clear that vitamin D has important roles in addition to its classic effects on calcium and bone homeostasis. As the vitamin D receptor is expressed on immune cells (B cells, T cells and antigen presenting cells) and these immunologic cells are all are capable of synthesizing the active vitamin D metabolite, vitamin D has the capability of acting in an autocrine manner in a local immunologic milieu. Vitamin D can modulate the innate and adaptive immune responses. Deficiency in vitamin D is associated with increased autoimmunity as well as an increased susceptibility to infection. As immune cells in autoimmune diseases are responsive to the ameliorative effects of vitamin D, the beneficial effects of supplementing vitamin D deficient individuals with autoimmune disease may extend beyond the effects on bone and calcium homeostasis.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3166406/

Complete quackery!

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Complete quackery!

Yes. Exactly what they said about the Greek philosophers who theorized that the earth was indeed round. And exactly what they said about Newton, as he developed his theories about gravity, and later about Einstein when he was working on the theory of relativity, and Hawkings when he was working on his incredible cosmological theories. Not believing in science, nutrition, biology, or immune system boosters does not make it so. It only makes one appear silly, stubborn, and very old school. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes. Exactly what they said about the Greek philosophers who theorized that the earth was indeed round. And exactly what they said about Newton, as he developed his theories about gravity, and later about Einstein when he was working on the theory of relativity, and Hawkings when he was working on his incredible cosmological theories. Not believing in science, nutrition, biology, or immune system boosters does not make it so. It only makes one appear silly, stubborn, and very old school. 

Just out of interest ..... what's your educational level Mike?

Finished high school? degree? postgrad studies?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I agree that there is enough scientific evidence for public health officials internationally to  promote getting enough vitamin D either from sun or supplements as one of multiple measures to fight the virus. 

I really don't understand why they haven't already. 

Perhaps they think suggesting getting sun is in conflict with stay at home orders.

Another thing they could do is promote blood tests to identify those with D deficiencies. Correcting that for those people could really save many lives. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I agree that there is enough scientific for public health officials internationally should promote getting enough vitamin D either from sun or supplements as one of multiple measures to fight the virus. 

Off topic,

I've not seen you posting much these days.

Hope you're OK?

• Like 1