Why aren't governments advising people to boost their immune systems?

26 minutes ago, Frotting said:

Seems to me you must have degrees in virology, immunology and possibly a Phd in molecular biology to mention a few.  How can you dismiss proven science with the offhand comment "complete quackery"? Look at the evidence - which incidentally has been out there for 80 years or so.

I just read the NHS website, previously quoted here.

On 5/22/2020 at 3:11 PM, Greg O said:

But if the government health staff are such experts then why don't they provide some recommendations about nutrition to the Thai people...

So you have never visited the Thai Ministry of Public Health website, have you?

Like virtually every other country in the world the Thai govt DO provide the recommendations you are asking about. Like most other countries in the world, providing the information and getting people to follow it are two very different things.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 3:17 PM, steelepulse said:

I was wondering why governments aren't giving people advice on how to protect themselves by getting some FREE vitamin D, and eating better so they get the things in their body to help them boost their immune system. 

Not sure why news agencies can't run a 2 minute bit every news cycle, "Here's what you can do to help yourself and your body to increase your chances of beating covid if you get it."

Probably because some "free vitamin D" (sunshine?) and some public service adverts aren't going to help now. It takes TIME for a switch to a healthy lifestyle to take effect. What you seem to be advocating is a non-existent quick-fix.

• Like 1

It is documented that ejaculation boosts immune system and also adds a slight reduction to

cardiac disease.

I also believe it helps significantly with prostate issues.

So, even though old I ejaculate at least once a day.  Sometimes twice.

PSA around 2 and I feel my immune system is good rarely get sick and my blood work is very good.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Probably because some "free vitamin D" (sunshine?) and some public service adverts aren't going to help now. It takes TIME for a switch to a healthy lifestyle to take effect. What you seem to be advocating is a non-existent quick-fix.

I agree.  Those of us that have been living a healthy lifestyle and getting free vitamin D and eating right, aren't too fussed about this.  Unfortunately, it seems this is the minority of the population.

• Thanks 1

On 5/20/2020 at 2:55 PM, steelepulse said:

You would think if governments really cared about their citizens

Yep, or maybe they actually think that is an individual decision and gives their citizens a little bit of credit enough to realize such things all by themself. ????????

7 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yep, or maybe they actually think that is an individual decision and gives their citizens a little bit of credit enough to realize such things all by themself. ????????

If that is the case, why are they scaremongering?

Look at the IFR, if you are healthy, you will be fine.  If you are obese, diabetic, insulin resistant, and have comorbidities, then the government fear mongering is for you.  Even then, 30 people out of 1000 are dying from this.  Is this enough to cause the whole world to fear living?

Edited by steelepulse

50 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

If that is the case, why are they scaremongering?

Look at the IFR, if you are healthy, you will be fine.  If you are obese, diabetic, insulin resistant, and have comorbidities, then the government fear mongering is for you.  Even then, 30 people out of 1000 are dying from this.  Is this enough to cause the whole world to fear living?

You are talking about a risk of 3% that die out of in in the risk group. That is to be considered quite high. At the same time you will have another 6% that will have serious complications added to their respiratory functions for long time or for the rest of their life. To that you could probably add minor respiratory negative modifications caused by the virus, for another 9%. Is about 18% that is going to be affected in one way or another for long time or for life a better and more realitstic scenario for you?

Now we are not talking about maybe the 50% of people in the risk group that has or sooner or later is going to catch the virus. That compared to about 1-2% of the rest of the population. So, yes! A little scaremongering will not hurt. It might actually be the thing that helps a lot of the people in the risk groups instead.

Ok, there are no ground for my numbers, but it might be a realistic way of looking at the situation.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

You are talking about a risk of 3% that die out of in in the risk group. That is to be considered quite high. At the same time you will have another 6% that will have serious complications added to their respiratory functions for long time or for the rest of their life. To that you could probably add minor respiratory negative modifications caused by the virus, for another 9%. Is about 18% that is going to be affected in one way or another for long time or for life a better and more realitstic scenario for you?

Now we are not talking about maybe the 50% of people in the risk group that has or sooner or later is going to catch the virus. That compared to about 1-2% of the rest of the population. So, yes! A little scaremongering will not hurt. It might actually be the thing that helps a lot of the people in the risk groups instead.

Ok, there are no ground for my numbers, but it might be a realistic way of looking at the situation.

Not sure where you get your numbers, but feel free to share the overall numbers of IFR, deaths per total population and any other relevant numbers.  

Your numbers are totally off, data does not support these false numbers, unless perhaps you are looking at infected nursing homes.  

I would love to see where you get your numbers from, feel free to share.

EDIT, sorry I missed your "Ok, there are no ground for my numbers, but it might be a realistic way of looking at the situation."  

You are correct, your numbers have no grounds.

Edited by steelepulse

On 5/22/2020 at 4:35 AM, spidermike007 said:
On 5/22/2020 at 4:10 AM, BritManToo said:

Just out of interest ..... what's your educational level Mike?

Finished high school? degree? postgrad studies?

A masters degree in aeronautical engineering from MIT, class of 84. With a secondary degree in nuclear physics. I did a fair amount of work in their LNS (laboratory for nuclear science). Mostly fusion theory. Some quantum mechanics. Also have a jet pilots license, (ME) multi engine rating, and some experience as a helicopter pilot. Mostly aeronautical trouble shooting and mechanics. A reasonably good background in science. But, the most important element of a scientific mind, is an open mind, and the willingness to grow your body of knowledge, and admit when your assumptions are proven wrong. 

As opposed to being bigoted. Unfortunately those who have suffered through poor education have never understood the concept that they don't know what they don't know instead choosing conspiracy over science because its fits their simplistic ideals and outspoken bias.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Not sure where you get your numbers, but feel free to share the overall numbers of IFR, deaths per total population and any other relevant numbers.  

Your numbers are totally off, data does not support these false numbers, unless perhaps you are looking at infected nursing homes.  

I would love to see where you get your numbers from, feel free to share.

EDIT, sorry I missed your "Ok, there are no ground for my numbers, but it might be a realistic way of looking at the situation."  

You are correct, your numbers have no grounds.

Let´s just pray and hope for that it´s not anything else you´ve missed.

9 hours ago, superal said:

Thanks , very interesting . I want to know if you had your eyes examined by an ophthalmologist . I have the same symtoms as you describe and went to my local Thai hospital where I was diagnosed with cataracts . My research shows the condition will worsen and can even lead to blindness . Watching TV and night driving are both a problem and the only way out is an operation to replace the lenses , unless you know different ?

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Let´s just pray and hope for that it´s not anything else you´ve missed.

Only thing I've missed is your data.  Bring up facts and data, not your best guess.

Edited by steelepulse

11 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Only thing I've missed is your data.  Bring up facts and data, not your best guess.

Now you forgot again. heads up! Do you remember that I wrote it was no ground for the numbers. Only that it could be relevant.

Not going to remind you more. If you do not like my post, just disregard it.

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I just read the NHS website, previously quoted here.

Hard to believe, in this day and age, that a high percentage of the population still considers the government institutions reliable, and trustworthy. They have shown us over, and over again, that they are not to be trusted. Yet, people allow them to dictate to them, even when their lives are at stake. No wonder the death tolls are so high. The NIH, the CDC, the FDA, the WHO. All fabulously corrupt, owned by industry, and dictated to by Big Pharma. Some just do not want to peer at reality. I guess it is too scary. 

In the US, one of the most significant reasons many of these herbs and vitamins are not approved by the FDA, is due to the cost. An FDA study, starts at $2,000,000. How many smaller producers are going to cough up those silly fees? And when they do not? A warning of the product magically appears from the FDA. The entire FDA structure is spectacularly corrupt, definitely not designed with safety of the public in mind, and specifically designed to benefit and support big pharma. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes. Been to eye doctors. They told me I needed glasses. DUH! That is what they do. I politely accepted the eye prescription, and declined. I ordered a pair of good quality (distance) glasses online, for $50. I use them when driving at night. Do not need them, but they do sharpen my vision a bit, and one needs every advantage they can get on the roads here! My vision remains nearly perfect, as long as I take the herbs at least once every other day. No cataract issues, thankfully. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1