Riding Pillion Behind Girl?

46 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Yeah it can look stupid if "daddy" sit back whit helmet on! Or drive like this guy in Chiang Mai!

Understantable coz hot weather, nice to get wind in your balls!

Unknown.jpeg.82b34c929bec106d1cce552b46b48d21.jpeg

I'm younger than her. Neither of us are senior citizens.

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

Does your dark skin annoy some Thai people when you walk around on your own?

If the answer is yes then I expect that "those sort of people" (ie some Thai people) would probably be extra annoyed if they saw you pressed up close, as a pillion rider, to one of "their" women.

That's what "those sort of people" are like, the world over.

Nothing to do with her being the driver and you being the passenger, or any other convention concerning mens/womens "proper" roles.

I am not of African extraction so the outright hostility is somewhat lesser (I hope), most Thais have a hard time telling where I'm from based on my appearance alone. However it's fairly obvious that I am not white/caucasian.

Edited by themechanic

1 hour ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Think you maybe being a bit over conscious, don't think anyone bothers about it. If they are could be jealous.

I would go with jeffers on this push up and enjoy. 

????????????

It could be for some, as I also wear a gold chain. But the evil eye isn't just from Thais but even White people (who I imagine are less susceptible to gold chain triggered envy) for some reason. It's weird really. I've never experienced this level of distaste or unspoken contempt and scornful facial expressions. I'm very sensitive to these vibes and don't think I'm wrong.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

Whatever you do... keep your weight forward... do not lean back.. it takes the weight off the front wheel and you can even tip over backwards..  this happened to my wife a few years ago.. a friend got on behind her and he was too embarrassed to sit close... he leaned back and over they went.. 

40+ years ago, I had an occasion or two to transport an English VSO volunteer across town in Loei, sitting side saddle on my bike. She weighed twice what I did.  Talk about lean angles and counter balancing, woof!

• Like 2

I only ever let my wife ride the bike when I had a broken collarbone. Even then I felt uncomfortable having to rely on someone else to get around.
My life philosophy is: "What you don't know, you can learn" and I would take it as a personal challenge to learn riding. 

I have my own (slightly bigger) bike which is for me alone and I've ridden various 'big bikes' for about 50 years now. My wife has her bike which I never use and, for the very short trips when we're both on it, she drives, I ride pillion. I hate semi-automatic bikes. 

When I was about 18, I had a quite busty girlfriend who loved riding pillion. One day she was wearing just a light button-up dress and a pair of knickers, no bra. The wind force tore her dress open and everyone - except me - got to enjoy the sight of this pretty girl half-naked on the back of my bike. I think she quite enjoyed her bit of exhibitionism 'cos she wasn't a shy girl! I didn't realise this was happening and was quite peeved to have missed the show as she managed to button-up again before we stopped ???? .

Edited by MartinL

15 hours ago, themechanic said:

who I imagine are less susceptible to gold chain triggered envy) for some reason

Could be because they think you are stupid for flaunting it - depending on where you are many reported instances of people on bikes having gold chains ripped off.

Otherwise could it be you are not wearing a mask.......?

• Like 2