Airbus calls in THAI debts for 30 rented jets

webfact

1 minute ago, Chelseafan said:

I alternative between Thai and Emirates and fly in those profitable seats and half the time they are empty. Why ? Because they are too damned expensive.

I'm not saying they couldn't trim the free-loading fat but it's not the reason they are in the <deleted>. Years of mis-managaement have caused their current position. Covid tipped them over the edge.

I flew in business quite a lot, also Thai & Emirates, but only once on the company. BC was usually around 3 or 4 times more than economy.

12 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

I flew in business quite a lot, also Thai & Emirates, but only once on the company. BC was usually around 3 or 4 times more than economy.

To be fair, that's generally the rule of thumb for a lot of airlines

Economy = Base

Business = Base x 3/4

First = Base x 7/8

Obviously there are promotions to be had which mitigate the higher fares.

I would hazard a guess that around 80% of the time I book a flight to Thailand Emirates are cheaper.

Edited by Chelseafan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Tell them to take a number and stand in line, THAI still owe me a refund on a cancelled March flight...

you sound like an important guy. are you super important ?

It's not only Thai, just about every airline worldwide except Middle Eastern may fold in the next month or so..unless of Government bailouts. All those vouchers in place of refunds or rebooked flights will be worthless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

They need to privatise the whole damned operation whilst keeping govermental noses out of the business.

they did keep a tight reign on the purse strings - where do you think the money was going ?,  into their pockets ?

don't be silly

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You cannot be serious with that comment, free flights have everything to do with Thai airways.

Not only staff getting freebies, but hundreds of hi-so cronies have been getting freebies.

What about the time the passenger in first class was kicked out of his seat, so a hi-so pri+k, could sit there free?

Colin, I was also bumped 4 years ago, but never blasted Thai in writing, as it would never have made a difference, and I would have been accused of sour grapes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Tell them to take a number and stand in line, THAI still owe me a refund on a cancelled March flight...

Spoke with Thai yesterday, they advised any refunds will take a least six months. of course It is quite possible if Thai is 'restructured' no refunds / vouchers will be paid.

28 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is the main reason I have not flown with Thai in the past 4 years. I had a flight to the US and back ...

"As of 2013, services between Bangkok and Los Angeles were served via Incheon International Airport near Seoul, however, (ThaiAirways) ended its service to the US on 25 October 2015."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_Airways

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Me too

Called up and was told minimum 3 months for refund..

Or was offered a credit that expires in 6 months...