BANGKOK
webfact

Airbus calls in THAI debts for 30 rented jets

Hmm. 
I have a reasonable amount of points on my ROP credit card, not yet transferred to my Thai ROP account. Time to transfer in before they change the rules ?

I heard that the Airbus CEO has had to replace his desktop telephone 3 times due to the hand piece being smashed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Time to pay the piper!

• Like 2

30 planes or 53, or do they only want back rent for 30?

4 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Some years ago I remember reading that Thai had some leased B777's, cost, around $1 million per month each.

Think they lease these planes from a Guernsey reg company Amedeo Air 4+. Amedeo have been issuing RNS's as the situation unfolds with Thai airways impending bankruptcy.

Much like running a country!

9 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Think they lease these planes from a Guernsey reg company Amedeo Air 4+. Amedeo have been issuing RNS's as the situation unfolds with Thai airways impending bankruptcy.

They only lease 4 A350s from Amadeo

Company update from Amedeo Air Four Plus (AA4):

“Further to the announcement on 12 March 2020, the board notes the news that almost all airlines globally have been severely impacted by the reduction in passenger traffic as a result of covid-19 and understands that many Governments, banks and lessors have received approaches from these airlines to discuss how they might support the industry.  Indeed, the company has, in line with this news, received a written approach from Thai Airways, to whom the company leases four A350s, to discuss how it might support them in this period. The board, together with its asset manager and other advisors, are discussing how the company might respond, and considering the terms of any such support.  Thai have assured the company that, as the flag carrier of Thailand, it fully commits to its obligations, and they are fully up-to-date with their payments to the company.  As and when these discussions reach any conclusions the board will update shareholders accordingly.”

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

What is an RNS please? I'm afraid I struggle keeping track of my daughters pocket money!

And don't forget, according to Thai news last week, if it wasn't for the Coronavirus outbreak Airbus would have gone into partnership with THAI in a EEC venture 😂.

I think we can all guess what Airbus must think in regards to THAI and the way it is ran. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Despite the mostly good service I've experienced on Thai over the years, their day of reckoning is close at hand.

A bloated, inept and incompetent management team comprising of Somchai's and their merry band of cronies,

whose only concern was how to line their pockets.

All the free flights and contributions to the mia-noi fund do add up - good riddance.

This would be a perfect case study for business school - Principles of Mismanagement (Thai Style) 101

Edited by varun
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, stupidfarang said:

I keep seeing people talking about people getting free flights, where is this information coming from? It would be good to see actual proof. I would not be surprised that it happens but I just like to see real proof and not just comments with no back up.

Surely your user name is a joke, it appears you do not keep up with the news !!

It was all over the news, when the first class passenger got move out of his seat, for the free loader to sit in first class.

• Like 2