webfact

Airbus calls in THAI debts for 30 rented jets

26 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Oh.

2C00ACF9-7AD8-4042-91E1-975038EE3D99.jpeg

Your friend? Who? 

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2020 at 3:45 AM, Chelseafan said:

Free flights have nothing to do with it. Most airlines offer their personnel discounted/free perks,

If you look at the top-line management team, they are pretty much all ex-military. Inflexible, unable to think outside the box unimiagnative and used to following rules and procedures. They have very little experience of running a business let alone an airline and sadly this formula has been repeated time and time again.

What you need in any well run company is a respected management team who understand market dynamics and competition and are customer foccussed whilst also keeping a tight reign on the purse-strings.

They need to privatise the whole damned operation whilst keeping govermental noses out of the business. It will take years to turn it around but its the airlines best chance of success.

This.

Welcome to Thailand.

Oops, well, that's the end of Thai Airways.  There isn't anybody investing in airlines right now, seeing as they are basically shut down for 2 years (hopefully less).  The news from the government is non-stop bad news, and they're pulling their money out of it now.  I"m sure whoever buys it, if foreign, will take a knife to it and gut it.  

A real shame, the food was great.  

Nobody is getting a refund now.  

Oh well, thanks for not killing me Thai airways, if anyone would do it it would be Thai Airways, or the third world equivalent, Lion Air.  

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2020 at 9:00 AM, josephbloggs said:

So again you are not providing any evidence of the plague of the hi-sos filling up aircraft for free.

The incident you are probably referring to was the case of the two dead heading pilots bumping two passengers from first class.  Those two passengers had been upgraded (for free) from business class and refused to relinquish their new first class status. 

Due to a technical issue the aircraft was changed from a 777 to an old 747 which did not have a crew rest area for the dead headers to sleep in (and they needed their rest hours as they were back on duty after the flight) so they claimed the rules stated they must have a first class seat to sleep in as business class on the old 747 is not lie flat, hence asking the upgraded passengers to move which they refused to do so.

Did Thai handle the situation very poorly?  Yes.  Was it a PR disaster?  Yes.  Was it a paying first class passenger getting moved for a hi-so free loader?  Nope, not at all.  

Got any other "evidence"?

Strikingly, precisely that plane (747) has a special sleeping place for the pilots.

See for example: at 35:41

Edited by Peterphuket

47 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Strikingly, precisely that plane (747) has a special sleeping place for the pilots.

See for example: at 35:41

Yes, thanks for that.  OK, I'll rephrase it "the 747 has a small rest area for two people that couldn't accommodate two dead-heading pilots plus the pilots of the actual flight".

Doesn't change the fact that the claim of hi-sos pushing paying customers off the flight wasn't true.

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2020 at 3:29 AM, ThailandRyan said:

All I know is that there should never have been free flights for the executives or government officials. Like an American carrier they should be made to fly standby and not be put in business or first class over a fare paying customer.

Interested to know how many flights you have been on where this happened and what sectors they were?

I have flown Thai many, many times on a lot of different sectors and never once came across this happening.

14 minutes ago, CGW said:

Interested to know how many flights you have been on where this happened and what sectors they were?

I have flown Thai many, many times on a lot of different sectors and never once came across this happening.

How would you know?

On 5/21/2020 at 4:05 AM, Creasy said:

Sorry Airbus. Can we defer our debt payments ?

You see. We're really tied up feeding the poor and shoring up the economy so the common man can survive during this deadly pandemic. 

lol this attitude coming from loser. Not Thai government.

35 minutes ago, jayboy said:

How would you know?

Observation? flights not full in business, not all have first class, need any further explanation? 🙂 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jayboy said:

How would you know?

Well, I'm one that actually has encountered this.

It was the last evening Friday flight from TPE-BKK, probably in 2010. I was booked on an A330 2 class service.

At this point I was a TG Gold, yet I was informed that even though I was booked in business class I was being bumped to economy since they had a 'VIP' passenger.

My company never received a refund, and we never used them again. I was simply booked onto the less convenient China Airlines flight after that

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2020 at 1:41 AM, steven100 said:

I heard that the Airbus CEO has had to replace his desktop telephone 3 times due to the hand piece being smashed.

Is that a fact ?begorah.

On 5/21/2020 at 2:37 AM, colinneil said:

Surely your user name is a joke, it appears you do not keep up with the news !!

It was all over the news, when the first class passenger got move out of his seat, for the free loader to sit in first class.

colinneil, I am only asking where the info about free flights comes from as so many people talk about the free flights but I have not seen any oficial info from a reliable source. I do not disagree that it happens but I like to see facts and not just comments from keyboard writers. You have mention only one case that appeared in the papers, what about all these other free flights? Where is this info coming from? Also I have not been rude or abusive or ask if your user name is a joke, if you like to start off comments with smart <deleted> comments and false statements assuming that I do not keep up with the news then save your time and move on to the next news.