BANGKOK
webfact

Some Pattaya expats struggling with mall registration

2 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Whoopee! Complete with invitation for bad guys to get into your phone or surveil your communications. No thanks.

Same issue with public USB phone charging stations. Never use them myself. I carry a power bank when I travel away from home. 

It pays to be aware of the way all these scams are run and avoid the problem when feasible. 

Stay under the bed where you are safe......

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, RocketDog said:

No reason to get bent about this sign in thing. Just bend I've the paper, wave your hand a few seconds like you're signing in, then wave your phone at the qr code and move on. 

Nobody is really watching as it's all theater like the airport security kabuki. 

It's not worth the effort to get emotionally involved with it. 

I was going in and out of places today, trying to comply. It'a all a bit of a faff, but I kind of feel sorry for the poor kids having to implement it. More irritating is keeping a mask on, it soon gets uncomfortable and you find yourself having to breathe through your mouth... after this is over I will be looking like someone from Yorkshire with that gormless open mouthed look!

Glad to take it off when I got on the bike, but tucking it into the little bike pocket cost me another one, as it blew off behind me on Soi Siam CC Rd.

20 hours ago, ignis said:

Easy went to the Big Tesco this evening, I looked at her and handed over my phone, she fiddled with it, was OK to enter....  went out the same door she called after me, must sign out, she did it..  

Did you sterilise phone after, she touch's  many in the day i think, i went into macdonalds and they  didn't bother.

This fascist nonsense has started at 7-11 now too. I mean, really, got to sign in and out of a convenience store for a quart of milk and a beer or something ... more like an inconvenient store.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Went to Big C extra again, was asked to sign the log again.

Notice that the last eight or so people who had signed all had the same phone number, which coincidental was same as mine as well, and had only 5 digits anyway.

Looks like a real success.

• Sad 1

I would not struggle with it.  I don't have a smart phone and have no plans to get one for at least two more years when the USA 5G portage may make that a requirement.  I would not sign in sign out for store after store.  The longer they keep that up, the longer I would stay away.  While I like a wander through the mall now and then, I am not a buyer of much there.  My life would go on

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Susco said:

Notice that the last eight or so people who had signed all had the same phone number, which coincidental was same as mine as well, and had only 5 digits anyway.

LOL........Works for me...

6 hours ago, Susco said:

yeah, that pretty much would be my approach although I would have a proper looking number

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Stay under the bed where you are safe......

No need for that. I know the threats and the defenses. 

Like most things in life staying informed avoids many problems that the more ignorant stumble blindly into. 

• Sad 1

Only issue I've had with this is that the site never seems to work for me.  Been to numerous stores over several days now, scan the code, that brings up the check in / check out page.  Click Check In then....nothing.  Just a spinning wheel like a page loading icon.  Same when clicking check out, blank page with spinning wheel, never get taken to the shop survey page or input a name or number.  So, just close the scanner app and carry on.

No idea whatsoever whether it's worked or not, not even sure if we're supposed to enter a number or whether it grabs it automatically.  If it's working as expected you'd think it would come up with a 'Done' or some other success indicator rather than a bloody blank page.  I suspect that it's more likely a case of a rubbish site (how rare that would be with Govt sites here!!) and / or coding that's either crashing often or just plain not working.  Quite happy to comply with the requirements here (regardless of what others think) but what I'm not prepared to do is mess about wasting time trying to get a <deleted> system to work.  Tried this with two or three different phones depending on how many of us there were at the time, same result, so it's not a device / user problem.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Only issue I've had with this is that the site never seems to work for me.

Same here, girl at Foodland Klang told me to press the banner which appear after scanning the QR, nothing happened, then she press herself, still nothing.

I could go in, even without signing the book.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Same here, girl at Foodland Klang told me to press the banner which appear after scanning the QR, nothing happened, then she press herself, still nothing.

I could go in, even without signing the book.

Yeah I'm not sure if it's working as it should and it's just a poorly designed site or if it's actually not working properly due to system overload or whatever, I suspect the latter.