BANGKOK
webfact

Some Pattaya expats struggling with mall registration

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

No, my wife doesn't trust the government with any online projects, so she isn't going to register. Thailand 4.0 is about 3.8 off target so far... 

Well you have two choices....new wife or new government.   PML

• Haha 2

Just another administration being formed to justify more worthless government jobs. Who monitors this rubbish ? I prefer to sign in as just Goofy, D. Duck or M. Mouse , Burbank CA USA ...+12135551212 .

Leave a message we'll get back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, LennyW said:
4 hours ago, webfact said:

I’ve never owned a mobile phone,” said Manchester-born retiree Ron, “so whenever anyone asked for my cell number I thought they were asking if I’d been in prison.” So far he has avoided any problems by using the alternative method of manually writing your name and phone number on a sheet of paper.

Really???

I also noticed that seemingly contradiction, but assumed he used a land line number. Remember them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ignis said:

I am not sure about that........ My phone connect fine at home via 5G, but will not connect in a Mall ? have tried a few times, but never works...  [My phone is a 2020 Android 9 phone]  of course maybe it is me having no idea how to set it ??

Probably the latter, since 5G has nothing to do with WiFi.

• Like 2

So how do you register for this "Thai Chana" app?  Nothing comes up, when searching in Google Play!

13 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Well you have two choices....new wife or new government.   PML

Well the app is not mandatory, so I'll keep the wife...

• Haha 2

Plus it doesn't work right!  I used it one day and two hours later got a confirmation that I just entered the place!

Not just farangs stand back and watch the faces and body language of the Thais total confusion just like the Immigration system. Not bashing they do try and follow.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i take my own pen, their ones are shared by 100s

The hand sanitizer applied afterwards takes care of that little worry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

You can have free WiFi in the Malls....

At Central you need a One card or passport to register, but you need to be inside already. Terminal 21 you can use the wifi at the door.

Posted (edited)

Oh lord 😂 just ignore it and keep walking into the store like the rest of us 😆

Edited by Fling
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)

Can somebody explain in very simple and unambiguous terms the exact steps necessary to scan in the QR code, input your details and send the SMS.

Does scanning require a special app, how will you know where to send the SMS and will the input fields work on all phones? Is Android the same as an iPhone in these respects? I assume scanning the QR is not the same as taking a picture of it, so what is the scanning process and how is that scan processed?

Edited by uncleeagle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

I have a smart phone, but it connects to the wi-fi in my home. Away from home, I like many others with smart phones , have no internet. Not paying extra to connect internet to my phone just so I can visit a bloody shopping mall!

they did not think of THIS DID THEY????

I have continuous internet connection on my phone....BUT am NOT going to go to any othe these big shopping places, IN PRINCIPLE!!!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1