Tourist police to the rescue - British pensioner has no relatives left and owed 17,000 baht to the hospital

webfact

16 minutes ago, nausea said:

"As you say..you are guessing"

The fact he doesn't have 17,000bt to rub together is a bit of a giveaway don't you think?

N0...as ,of course, he was free to go home with the blessing of the Thai Tourist Police,one would think that the those super-sleuths have the matter sorted..na?

With what appears to be with right good humour,tolerance and understanding,Well done to all!

Would you like to try for the British cavalry at Chillianwallah?

Edited by Odysseus123

27 minutes ago, swisstree said:

British seems to be on every single Thai visa news (broke, Beggers, Drinks...) Sadly they are really becoming an embarrassment of the farang community!

Tell me where you come from and I will do a bit of Research................???? 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 12:27 PM, keith101 said:

At 75 he would be unlikely to get insurance let alone be able to afford it .

And this is the case in point that perhaps the days of being in retirement age and in Thailand, or other foreign countries for that matter, are coming to an end.  Back to country of origin where public health system, public housing (or homeless shelters) and welfare are available. Maybe that will end when welfare systems become too strained too and old age people need to terminate their lives early.   Let's say 70 years old and we are 'extinguished'!    

7 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Utter load of nonsense..and I am not even British...

Refer to Harry Lime (Orson Wells) in 'The Third Man' for appropriate comments about the Swiss..

The cuckoo clock was first invented  in Germany )

we just Invented/founded the Red Cross...

• Like 1