Thailand Post restores international services to some countries

webfact

Thailand Post restores international services to some countries

By THE NATION

800_939cdc00d69bb8a.jpg?v=1590029200

Thailand Post will resume international postal services to selected destinations as the Covid-19 situation in many countries has been improving and local governments have eased lockdown measures.

Thailand Post announced the resumption of the service on its Facebook page on Wednesday (May 20).

EMS World service will be available in 11 countries: Bhutan, China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and Vietnam, while e-packet service will be available in five countries: Bhutan, China, South Korea, Russia and Singapore.

Courier Post service will be available to 107 destinations while Logispost World will be available to 31 destinations. Details are available here.

Thailand Post, however, cautioned that international services may still be subject to delays and told customers to be prepared for tardiness.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388232

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-21

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I received a package from the UK earlier this week. It was posted to me in the middle of March and it was marked to say it had gone via TaiPei.

I received 2 letters today from a UK bank. Both were dated April 2020 (no specific day). So took somewhere between 2-6 weeks. 

The UK resumed international services on May 11th. I received a bank statement from Barclays up to 29th April (so it would have been posted in early May) yesterday. The service seems almost back to normal, at least for mail to Thailand.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Although, I just sent two separate address mailings to the US through ThaiPost by courier. Arrived in a few days.

What courier as this link from NotTheNation says NFG only by sea.  

Courier Post service will be available to 107 destinations while Logispost World will be available to 31 destinations. Details are available here.

3 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

What courier as this link from NotTheNation says NFG only by sea.  

I can attest only that I went to the ThailPost office on the Ping River near Wororat Market in Chiang Mai and sent my US tax return and a form to Fidelity Investments both in the US. They were signed for as delivered on ThaiPost Tracking within a few days.

• Like 1

Just now, rascalman said:

I have two purchases that I have coming from China! I keep tracking them however they are not moving! 

I hope this means they will now arrive?

Please let us know when they arrive - I've been waiting for a parcel from Beijing for weeks.   But ....

Yesterday: received an air-mail letter from the UK posted on 21 April

Today: received a parcel posted from the US (post office air mail) on 1 May.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

international services may still be subject to delays and told customers to be prepared for tardiness.

That will be on the overseas part of the delivery.

regards worgeordie

Are all postal services for the incoming mail FROM other countries working? I have a package from Germany sailing somewhere in some corner of the world that I'm waiting for, would be nice to know if it'll be a few weeks or a few decades.

15 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

I received 2 letters today from a UK bank. Both were dated April 2020 (no specific day). So took somewhere between 2-6 weeks. 

I'm still waiting for some vegetable seeds from UK posted at the beginning of April, so your post gives me hope.

On 5/21/2020 at 12:21 PM, bluesofa said:

What's Courier Post and Logispost?

I take it neither of those are parcels by normal airmail?

I wanted to send a small package to Finland, but the two above are available - whatever they might be.

I had exactly the same questions!!!

I regularly send small packages from the U.S. to Thailand via a discount airmail service (not USPS or any of the private courier services) that routes them thru Europe most of the time, it seems.  They've been arriving here delivered locally by Thai Post uninterrupted the entire time, usually in less than two weeks from their mail date in the U.S.

Why the Thai Post outbound service has been so restricted, while the inbound services seem pretty much unaffected remains a mystery to me...

On 5/21/2020 at 12:21 PM, bluesofa said:

What's Courier Post and Logispost?

This is a 2013 blurb from The Nation:

181304079_ThaiPostLogisPost.jpg.2dbf4507a54acc5cbe2058296769c73e.jpg

And:

What is Courier Post?

“Courier Post” is a brand-new premium international postalservicethat Thailand Post Co.,Ltd. (THP) offers to the market in collaboration with DHL Express International (Thailand) Co.,Ltd. to allow Thai customers to experience global delivery standards through the delivery network of DHL.

Maximumweightof 2 kgs.for Document and 30 kgs. for Package ( Merchandise),

Sounds pricey, especially since customs and shipping is being handled by DHL.

https://www.thailandpost.co.th/index.php?page=article_detail&addon=product&group_id=565&topic_id=9150&language=en

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

This is a 2013 blurb from The Nation:

181304079_ThaiPostLogisPost.jpg.2dbf4507a54acc5cbe2058296769c73e.jpg

And:

Sounds pricey, especially since customs and shipping is being handled by DHL.

https://www.thailandpost.co.th/index.php?page=article_detail&addon=product&group_id=565&topic_id=9150&language=en

Thanks TGJ.

I'll give that a miss, as the package I tend to send to Finland is less than one kilo.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I regularly send small packages from the U.S. to Thailand via a discount airmail service (not USPS or any of the private courier services) that routes them thru Europe most of the time, it seems.  They've been arriving here delivered locally by Thai Post uninterrupted the entire time, usually in less than two weeks from their mail date in the U.S.

Why the Thai Post outbound service has been so restricted, while the inbound services seem pretty much unaffected remains a mystery to me...

Long time lurker, 1st time poster... sigh.

It beggars belief. But I THINK it is to do with Thai <deleted> Airways... They have a outgoing contract for their services and being/was state owned they couldn't find other carriers, without breaching contract. Now they changed stuff this can all be renegotiated, legally. 

Hopefully they fix vv soon as I currently send outgoing USA and others DHL and FEDEX profiteering with the emergency decree BS... (they literally think its OK even though their costs are the same, with increased patronage...)

Thai post has been a reliable and reasonably priced service, with good staff. These other two are atrocious.

Over it. Fix Thai Post ASAP. Been waiting for a thread about it. Have a link that may not be in here yet, mods can delete if it has been posted...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OGkBLRXkgaOuA-x2N-I2fLe0faBrUXeu/view

(official, apparently.. a couple days back)

Edited by borngeek
link stuffed up?

In the current absence of ThaiPost airmail, anyone have any advice on the most economic means of sending regular documents from Thailand to the U.S. other than using SLOW surface mail?

I checked around on the FedEx, DHL and UPS websites this morning -- without signing up for any account - and got prices ranging from 1000b to 2000b for about a hypothetical 1 lbs package of documents from BKK to L.A.

UPS via the local Mail Boxes Etc stores seemed to have the best available rate at a bit over 1000b, but I haven't contacted them directly yet to see if the online rate will really work out in reality.