Did anyone buy a discounted Captiva for 500,000 Baht?

My neighbour  bought one. Decent enough engines but lack of modern convenience. Still deals available on a Trailblazer, however, you may lose out on resale value.

For that reason alone I bought an Isuzu : same body but a rock solid engine.

7 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

A new isuzu is only a touch over 500K very popular with our local market folk

A Isuzu SUV? Because I'm talking about the Captiva, not some stripped down pickup.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

A Isuzu SUV? Because I'm talking about the Captiva, not some stripped down pickup.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Sorry to me the top truck ones just got a Shed n Extra Chairs in the back. An SUV is a BM,Volvo, or Honda

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Someone please explain the Sport part of SUV. Surely they are just UV? There is no British SUV series to match BTCC?

The 'S' can also be an abbreviation for 'Suburban' where vehicles are concerned.

SUV

(redirected from Suburban Utility Vehicle)

Acronym Definition
SUV Sport Utility Vehicle
SUV Stand Up and Vote
SUV Standardized Uptake Value (radionucleide uptake used in reading a PET scan)
SUV Smart Utility Vehicle
SUV Sons of Union Veterans
SUV Suburban Vehicle (Chevrolet)
SUV Suburban Utility Vehicle

My mate bought one 2 years ago, it was in and out of the garage for one thing or another every couple of months. In the end he just got shot of it for a big loss, customer servcie was non existent.

That said, if I was offered one at 500,000K I could be tempted to take the chance.

Its obvious to me that 'Sport' in SUV always stood for the utility of the vehicle for sports activities - why anybody still insists it's meant as the vehicle being a modified sports car is beyond me........but to each his own!

• Like 1

Why some get annoyed is beyond Me. At least Motorhome Builders are honest.  Winnebago and others state clearly what their product is based. A Chevy or Ford single cab truck etc.. With real SUVs many are not based on anything other than a ground up designed vehicle. Those who add bits to their trucks should make it clear to the customer..

14 hours ago, bodga said:

This  thread  needs to differentiate  between the OLD  Captiva and the NEW Captiva, totally different vehicles.

Were the OLD Captivas discounted to 500,000 baht?

I bought a new 2006 Captiva 2.0l diesel in 2006 that was trouble free and a nice vehicle. Paid 1.5 million. Bought a new 2012 Captiva 2.0l diesel for 1.7 million and the vehicle was trouble right from the start. I believe that they changed parts suppliers and the quality of many parts was total rubbish. Seems all the Captiva's had all the same problems. The only was I would have bought another one would have been by paying 500,000 baht.

8 hours ago, pieeyed said:

I bought a new 2006 Captiva 2.0l diesel in 2006 that was trouble free and a nice vehicle. Paid 1.5 million. Bought a new 2012 Captiva 2.0l diesel for 1.7 million and the vehicle was trouble right from the start. I believe that they changed parts suppliers and the quality of many parts was total rubbish. Seems all the Captiva's had all the same problems. The only was I would have bought another one would have been by paying 500,000 baht.

They look rather nice, perhaps Toyota could get rid of that "Slob Look" bodywork and fit the Captivas refind appearance fugley seems to be popular these days.