Grannie: I never thought such a small knife could kill him - 70 year old woman explains murder

webfact

Grannie: I never thought such a small knife could kill him - 70 year old woman explains murder

6pm_vi.jpg

A story gripping the Thai public had further developments yesterday after a 70 year old grandmother stabbed a young security guard to death with a fruit paring knife.

Suphasorn died from a chest wound after Phayao, 70, went to get the knife from under her bike seat.

She said that the security guard started the trouble by hitting her with a stick that was not caught on tape.

Her husband Than, 73, tried to stop it all and was turned on before she went to get the knife.

She said that it was hard to believe that such a small , insignificant knife could kill anyone. 

The guard's employer said that he was a good worker and he knew nothing about claims he was a drinker. 

A worker's benevolent fund would help the family because he had died in the line of duty.

Than, the husband of Phayao, said that he had not been charged with anything yet. His wife has been charged with murder.

He is also a motorcycle taxi rider and had called his wife after a minor scrape outside a parking lot on the Thepparat Road in the Bang Plee area of Samut Prakan.

He said they had been married for more than 50 years and lived with 11 relatives. They have never caused any trouble to anyone.

He also alleged the security guard had instigated the trouble and that they had not blocked the entrance. 

Relatives of the dead guard said that he was a quiet man that kept himself to himself. He lived in Ekkamai and had been in his job for six months.

They said he had underlying health problems including an unspecified mental condition.

The violence was called totally unnecessary by the female driver who was involved in the original scrape.

Now an old grandmother with no criminal record is set to serve time for the murder of a young man.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-21

• Sad 2

47 minutes ago, webfact said:

She said that it was hard to believe that such a small , insignificant knife could kill anyone. 

Now she knows it can,will that be her defense,

surprising how small things can accelerate into

murder.

regards worgeordie

It's a great equaliser. This is why guys in prison don't always  respect the guy with the big muscles, they often respect the small guy with a bit of a rep. Read up on the Johnny Stompanato homicide - schoolgirl kills Mafiosa with a knife. It's also why so many Thais carry knives, being mostly skinny and of a smaller stature. I see a knife, I walk away, call me a coward if you like. For myself, I consider seeing the knife an advantage, if you don't see it you have real problems. Yeah, maybe if loved ones were at risk I'd chance it, knowing I'm going to get cut whatever, but for a wallet, no way. Size doesn't matter that much, you can slice a guy up the abdomen with an half-inch blade and see his guts fall out.

Edited by nausea
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, stouricks said:

Her husband is a 73 year old motor bike taxi driver...................would YOU get on his bike? And he was 'turned on' before she got the knife?

73 year old taxi driver could drive motor bike better than you. Maybe.

• Like 1

She carried a knife around with her. She obviously intended to use it. She did use it. A mans now dead. Murder. Shes saying that she didnt know such a small knife could kill, utter rubbish a knifes a knife.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Sorry, but if you go and get a knife with the intention to use it as a weapon, then go and stab someone with it....you deserve punishment, and don't pretend you are a defenceless old Granny. 

Disagree. The guard has an unspecified mental condition which may or may not be relevant; without knowing the condition hard to say. But he was certainly hitting and kicking and looked aggressive.

Why should someone be punished more if they, when under violent attack, defend themselves or their family under attack with whatever comes to hand.

Stick, baseball bat, knife, sword, gun, bow and arrow, spear or whatever?

The lunatic Norwegian who climbed across a balcony and strangled to death a British man in front of his wife deserves much more punishment. Only he somehow, cough - cough, managed to escape and flee the country. Had the wife stabbed the Norwegian scumbag to death to save her husband, would you claim she should be punished? 

Edited by Baerboxer

2 hours ago, lee b said:

She carried a knife around with her. She obviously intended to use it. She did use it. A mans now dead. Murder. Shes saying that she didnt know such a small knife could kill, utter rubbish a knifes a knife.

Are you a pal of Mayor Khan? <deleted> she was carrying a small fruit paring knife not a sword or bowie. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, nausea said:

It's a great equaliser. This is why guys in prison don't always  respect the guy with the big muscles, they often respect the small guy with a bit of a rep. Read up on the Johnny Stompanato homicide - schoolgirl kills Mafiosa with a knife. It's also why so many Thais carry knives, being mostly skinny and of a smaller stature. I see a knife, I walk away, call me a coward if you like. For myself, I consider seeing the knife an advantage, if you don't see it you have real problems. Yeah, maybe if loved ones were at risk I'd chance it, knowing I'm going to get cut whatever, but for a wallet, no way. Size doesn't matter that much, you can slice a guy up the abdomen with an half-inch blade and see his guts fall out.

Yep. The Romans wrote the first training manuals on fighting for their legionnaires. They said 2 inch was all that's required if you stab in the right places.

All the best martial arts teachers I've trained with, and that's quite a few, say the same thing - best defense against a knife is run away as fast as you can and hope the carrier can't throw or sprint! Forget all the <deleted> on you tube demonstrating techniques that will get you cut, stabbed and possibly worse.

But here we have an old lady, concerned that her 50 year plus partner, in his 70's is going to get really hurt by a punching and kicking aggressive guard. She probably thought it was like sticking a needle in him. I doubt she a trained martial artist knife fighter. And it's often people doing that that unfortunately delivers a fatal wound.

Sad but another life lost. A few years ago a bouncer chased a farang yacht skipper for video a fight outside a nightclub, on his phone. The farang ran for it but was chased, caught and assaulted. Fearing for his life he used a pocket knife to stab the attacker, killing him. That was self defense. No different here.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Are you a pal of Mayor Khan? <deleted> she was carrying a small fruit paring knife not a sword or bowie. 

But this knife was enough to kill him. I never would use a knife against anyone. Completely sick behavior of this woman. This guy is dead now. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Yep. The Romans wrote the first training manuals on fighting for their legionnaires. They said 2 inch was all that's required if you stab in the right places.

All the best martial arts teachers I've trained with, and that's quite a few, say the same thing - best defense against a knife is run away as fast as you can and hope the carrier can't throw or sprint! Forget all the <deleted> on you tube demonstrating techniques that will get you cut, stabbed and possibly worse.

But here we have an old lady, concerned that her 50 year plus partner, in his 70's is going to get really hurt by a punching and kicking aggressive guard. She probably thought it was like sticking a needle in him. I doubt she a trained martial artist knife fighter. And it's often people doing that that unfortunately delivers a fatal wound.

Sad but another life lost. A few years ago a bouncer chased a farang yacht skipper for video a fight outside a nightclub, on his phone. The farang ran for it but was chased, caught and assaulted. Fearing for his life he used a pocket knife to stab the attacker, killing him. That was self defense. No different here.

Must be hopeless martial arts people

teeps are the best defense

And she probably didn't think the crash helmet she hit him with would do any harm, animals like this would find it difficult to live in any other country, this piece of shi_ wants to have her life changed for good, before you all defend the poor woman watch the attack.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Then why the <deleted> did she not only go and get the small, insignificant knife, but used it to stab the security guard? No wonder Thai children grow up learning that this argument resolution by their family elders is the way to go.

i've no sympathy at all.

She is a <deleted>-k-ng psycho  end her misery now

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

But this knife was enough to kill him. I never would use a knife against anyone. Completely sick behavior of this woman. This guy is dead now. 

For most expats, this is what would be the first thought. But difficult to judge. In Asia, a knife is weapon of defense, for whatever reason... Fear for one's own life, fear of losing face, I do not know, I am not Asian. But many people use knives for protection here, and sometimes causing death.

I remember many years ago in my town at home, when in the news there was a report of a fight including knives. We were horrified, because we had never heard of such a thing.

The description of the event was about a fight amongst Asians, which were new immigrants in our town. Then we realised a new culture had just moved in..

• Like 1