Pattaya massage: Please let us open our businesses again - we promise to follow the rules

webfact

Pattaya massage: Please let us open our businesses again - we promise to follow the rules

7pm1.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable TV

Sophon Cable TV reported that Pattaya's ubiquitous and famous traditional massage shops were begging the government to be allowed to open again.

They were all shut as the coronavirus pandemic took hold but now, like some other businesses where "New Normal" regulations have been implemented, they too want to be allowed to reopen.

The media quoted Samorn C.,41, the owner of Rose Massage who said that her massage staff all have families and bills to pay.

7pm3.jpg

She can't pay them though she has been giving them three meals a day.

For her part she said that the landlord refused to lower the rent.

She was prepared to instigate measures to ensure social distancing at her establishment with masks for customers, hand sanitizer and the like just as other businesses were doing. 

7pm2.jpg

She appealed to the government to allow them to open again while she still has a business. 

Sophon did not make any reference to the fact that tourists, the lifeblood of her business, were almost entirely absent from Pattaya. 

Source: Sophon Cable TV

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-21

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, webfact said:

how exactly are you going to adhere to social distancing ?

6ft arm extensions lol

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

A full body massage might be stretching things a bit ( DE fully intended ) but I can't see why a foot massage would be a problem.

I shall be asking for an "extended" foot massage to cover area's untouched for weeks...????????????

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

6 foot massages?

If they can cut hair and do beauty treatments I don't see a foot massage being more of a risk. 

Be a change to sit down and not do the walk of shame past those stations.

Both wear masks, that should be enough, same as barbers, supermarkets etc

19 minutes ago, Oldie said:

In other news I could read that now massage below the waist is allowed but not for the upper parts of the body. If this is true would this not be a happy ending? 

If they could not do the top half, I guess maybe you can opt for a happy beginning and a happy ending to fill the hour out

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

A full body massage might be stretching things a bit ( DE fully intended ) but I can't see why a foot massage would be a problem.

But using anti-viral gel instead of the usual Mazola could completely revitalize the industry ????

3 hours ago, smedly said:

how exactly are you going to adhere to social distancing ?

6ft arm extensions lol

6 ft?? Must be US or UK rule.

In Thailand distancing is 1 metre.

(Still a problem for massage though)

They should open up at least foot massage.

Everyone masked and put people every other chair or every third chair would work.

Disinfect the chairs before and after.

Most of these shops have more then enough seats to accommodate customers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Landlords need to share the pain by dropping rent, if they don't then the business should just throw in the towel, any renegotiation of rent would have to be a lot lower and if they don't it stays empty

I completely agree. In many cases, however, the building owners have used the property to secure a loan or mortgage. The problem arises when the people or companies holding the loan or mortgage will not reduce or renegotiate the debt. The building owner has little choice but to require that the lessee pays the agreed rent.

It's almost like some people are waiting for the building owners to fail. Even though the tenant is the subject of this article, they are often just a pawn on the chess board.

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If they could not do the top half, I guess maybe you can opt for a happy beginning and a happy ending to fill the hour out

You horny men have to wait untill the virus is over....here's something innocent to watch:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Landlords need to share the pain by dropping rent, if they don't then the business should just throw in the towel, any renegotiation of rent would have to be a lot lower and if they don't it stays empty

I know first hand it is difficult to throw in the towel, after spending 700.000 on a massage spa just because a short sighted landlord because a short sighted landlord wont help you have to whether the storm, but of course you don't forget. 

2 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

For several years up here I have been seeing the same lady every 2 weeks for a 90 minute oil massage.

This has worked in my favour as I saw her door a little bit open 3 weeks ago , stopped to say hello and she told me to come back next day. She said only regular cutomers that already have her phone number.  Visited again 3 days ago , park under cover and keep quiet. I need the massage she needs the money after 7 weeks.  

Organised well done and she wont forget you when things sort themselves out.

• Like 1