Pattaya massage: Please let us open our businesses again - we promise to follow the rules

webfact

2 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

For several years up here I have been seeing the same lady every 2 weeks for a 90 minute oil massage.

This has worked in my favour as I saw her door a little bit open 3 weeks ago , stopped to say hello and she told me to come back next day. She said only regular cutomers that already have her phone number.  Visited again 3 days ago , park under cover and keep quiet. I need the massage she needs the money after 7 weeks.  

Nice story.......................... with a happy ending for you both.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

For her part she said that the landlord refused to lower the rent.

well he's another greedy dirtbag thai isn't he. There's millions of them around

Just goes to show what ' thianess ' really means.

Edited by steven100

14 hours ago, blackcab said:

It's almost like some people are waiting for the building owners to fail.

Or the owners are waiting on the renters to fail, so that deposits and key money can be refreshed. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Benmart said:

The usual low-lifes finding humour in the plight of legitimate massage businesses that are in bad times. Bottom feeders are found everywhere, but seem to infect even the most serious stories on TVF.

image.jpeg.82976091fa978392caf877ec393c0376.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Or the owners are waiting on the renters to fail, so that deposits and key money can be refreshed. 

I know of three cases already down here were I live and the landlords wont defer the rent the one small resort they have put for rent signs up the tenants spent about 6 million baht a couple of years ago the owners will benefit from that, Jai Rai

23 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Landlords need to share the pain by dropping rent, if they don't then the business should just throw in the towel, any renegotiation of rent would have to be a lot lower and if they don't it stays empty

You have a lot more faith in businessmen than I do. I have seldom encountered a landlord who thought it was necessary for them to do anything except collect rent. They don't care about your problems.

7 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

You have a lot more faith in businessmen than I do. I have seldom encountered a landlord who thought it was necessary for them to do anything except collect rent. They don't care about your problems.

Exactly why you have to force their hand.

If businesses haven't got leverage now they never will

Edited by scubascuba3

On 5/21/2020 at 2:23 PM, Lacessit said:

A full body massage might be stretching things a bit ( DE fully intended ) but I can't see why a foot massage would be a problem.

If you're lucky enough to have 12 inches 

10 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Given the situation business owners find themselves in, the tenant's problem has now become the landlord's problem also. 

Only an incredibly greedy, or stupid Thai landlord, would not enter into negotiation.  That's said, there are plenty of greedy and stupid Thai landlords around. 

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

Only an incredibly greedy, or stupid Thai landlord, would not enter into negotiation.  That's said, there are plenty of greedy and stupid Thai landlords around.

Yes, I hear a few businesses have crossed the street for that reason already. The problem is if one has invested heavily in a property.... renovations and fittings etc.

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, I hear a few businesses have crossed the street for that reason already. The problem is if one has invested heavily in a property.... renovations and fittings etc.

If they have made significant improvement to the property, and it's a 3 or even a 5 year lease, they are in trouble. 

They will not be able to recoup their money before it's time for another lease.