Chonburi: Helpless dog tied up and thrown into klong

webfact

Chonburi: Helpless dog tied up and thrown into klong

8pm.jpg

Locals in Sri Racha, Chonburi, contacted the media after someone threw a black dog into a drainage canal with its front and back legs tied.

Piya T. who lives in Ban Nong Phang Phuay told 77kaoded that he and others heard the anguished cries of the pooch as it struggled to keep its nose above water trying to breathe.

A rescue foundation was called and the dog was fished out and saved just in time.

2020-05-19_11-44-11.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Piya was in no doubt someone had done this to kill the animal and he hoped that bad karma would rain down on who was responsible. 

The media said the hunt was on though there was no report of contact with the police or the immediate fate of the saved dog.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-21

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, z42 said:

Human depravity is just never ending. 

Animals are not there to be abused, eaten, exploited, or harmed in any way.

Real penalties need to be put in place for those who intentionally harm animals in this way.

Kudos for the people who did save the dog in this case though

Agree with all of that, except the "eaten". Many other animals are carnivores. Life feeds on life. Nature really doesn't care about human morality and choices.

Hope the person that did this gets their come-uppance.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Sh@#t, glad to hear of the happy ending. It must've been a very trusting dog to let its pawed be tied in the first place. Sometimes, humans? I just despair. But having read up on history it doesn't surprise me. The human capacity for depravity is boundless and ilimitable. A few stars in the darkness keep me sane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"yet millions of pigs (more intelligent and with many similar characteristics) get slaughtered"

I agree with that, I try to stick with fish and chickens, not perfect, but hey, I'm not a perfect person. Steer away from seafood cos of the cruelty involved, not convinced a lobster doesn't feel pain when it's being boiled alive.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, z42 said:

Real penalties need to be put in place for those who intentionally harm animals in this way.

Laws already in place.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, z42 said:

Vegetarian?  Vegan? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, z42 said:

And look at all this rage at dog abuse, yet millions of pigs (more intelligent and with many similar characteristics) get slaughtered horrifically in the millions per annum here.

Can't wait till the dog lovers see your post about pigs are more clever than dogs.

I'm a meat eater, but I would never throw a dog or a pig in a canal with their legs tied up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

Can't wait till the dog lovers see your post about pigs are more clever than dogs.

They probably bark less. Even me, my affection for dogs has been impacted by neighbours, who seem to think having them bark incessantly at everyone and everything is taking good care, am disgusted at this cruelty. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, darksidedog said:

This is the sort of thing that makes my blood boil.

Find the culprit and throw them in the klong in the same manner.

See how well they can swim when tied up. Just don't fish them out.

Well said

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2020 at 6:15 PM, Ron jeremy said:

The Thais never sease to amaze me.

That could have been one of the nice Farang cyclists here from the TVF. With the comments some of them made, I would not be surprised.

On 5/21/2020 at 5:02 AM, Tarteso said:

a very usual attitude Specially in this country.

Really?  You've never seen Thai's beating their dogs, and mistreating their farm animals? 

Edited by Leaver