90 day reporting and 31st July

Being in the LOS since winter 2016, no problems with rules involved, however, the Covid-19 rule allowing the 90 report to be extended to 31st of July confused me as to the stampede and horror waiting times at immi on the 31st of July I envisioned. So my due date for the 90 day reporting was on April 14th, 2020 and if I would go to CR Immi tomorrow to report the 90 days, would that be accepted or would that be treated as overstay? In that case I need to sit my time out until July 31st and undergo the expected longer waiting time?

Appreciate your valued advise.

I only can talk about Phuket immigration but they advise to do the 90 day reporting (as all other immigration activities) as soon you are able to go to the immigration office (due to the lock downs) and not to wait till 31 July.

You wont be fined if you wait until a later date.

On 5/21/2020 at 12:58 PM, merijn said:

I only can talk about Phuket immigration but they advise to do the 90 day reporting (as all other immigration activities) as soon you are able to go to the immigration office (due to the lock downs) and not to wait till 31 July.

You wont be fined if you wait until a later date.

I was yesterday at Phuket Immigration and they refused to accept my 90 day reporting. Upon arrival at 1:30pm I was the only person there. Immigration officer told me to come back after July 31st.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, BMW Overlander said:

I was yesterday at Phuket Immigration and they refused to accept my 90 day reporting. Upon arrival at 1:30pm I was the only person there. Immigration officer told me to come back after July 31st.

That is strange as many people are doing the 90 day reporting as normal.

• Like 1

My 90 Day Report was due on the 26th April. I had to go to Immigration on the 18th May so thought I'd do a new 90 day report whilst there as well.

No problems doing it - they were accepting them. But the officer did point out I was late and mentioned that in future always go no later than 7 days after it's due. Wifey politely said we hadn't gone because of the announced suspension but were here on other matters. The officer just nodded and processed it. 

We'll have to wait and see how it's handled for those waiting until after the suspension is cancelled.

If you can get the wretched online 90-day reporting app to work, then there's no reason not to do it for the due date. The system accepts the report, in spite of the amnesty until July 31st, and at Jomtien Immigration you can still do a 90-day in person if you want to. Myself and everyone I know here has done their 90-day reports as and when they're due. Maybe we're just cynics, but amnesty shamnesty, lol.

I did my 90-Day Report at Nonthaburi Immigration yesterday.  In the big room there were only a dozen of us, and I was processed as quickly and smoothly as I’d ever experienced.  I had done my annual extension in early March, before amnesty announcements, and my 90-Day had earlier been dated for this week, so I didn’t know if that was allowed to be delayed.  Knowing Immigration is less crowded these days, I thought it best to report now.  Glad I did.  However, looming ahead is the next 90-Day Report in late August, and I dread the possible chaos after July 31. 

Edited by ubonjoe

I've been using postal mail for about 3-4 years. I mailed my 90 day report to Chaeng Watthana in mid April,  14 days ahead of the due date. I got the receipt back in 8 days, the fastest so far for me. The average time has been about 10 days.

How are the crowds at CW these days for visa extensions?

Edited by caughtintheact

I have mailed in my 90-day reports for several years.  The only problem that I have had is with the report that was due in March of this year.  I didn't receive the reply until earlier this month.    I checked on it when I did my one-year extension in April and the officer confirmed that it had been processed and gave me a copy of the receipt.

This year I had the problem of some TTF transfers being printed out of order but the IO let it slide for this year.  Since then I've had the problem of some transactions actually being printed over other ones by the bank book updating machine.  I took the problem up with a teller at the Bangkok Bank Central World Branch.  She suggested that I have my bank book updated at the teller's desk in the future and, best of all, told me that next April, she could get me a year's record of transactions if I requested it five days in advance and paid 200 baht.  Being able to get the statement at Central World will be a nice time saver for me.  I had previously thought that I would have to go the bank's central office to request the year's statement. 

A buddy of mine was due to extend his 1 year Retirement Extension on (O_A )  the 7th. He somehow misread that and turned up at Phuket Immigration on the 17th . He had the required papers and was told  that because of Corona all was ok , and his Extension granted. So some tolerance there.

18 hours ago, BMW Overlander said:

We did ours as normal at jomtien when it eas due.(Didnt want them changing rules or saying something not right in july') ????WE had no problem better too be safe than sorry????thought it would be packed in july

36 minutes ago, Gilltom said:

We did ours as normal at jomtien when it eas due.(Didnt want them changing rules or saying something not right in july') ????WE had no problem better too be safe than sorry????thought it would be packed in july

me too ,took all of 3 minutes.