Got a call from Bangkok Hospital

6 hours ago, Roy Baht said:

I think the "five-star" hospitals have been hurting due to the decline in medical tourists. 

I read that the new hospital in Jomtien (same group) offers misc discounts on vaccinations.

I get my offers via LINE from Khon Kaen RAM :smile:

6 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Others have reported this as well, only as a home visit offer, which of course adds to the cost significantly.

The private hospitals have suffered a big loss of revenue as people have been reluctant to go to the hospital for any reason during the outbreak so I guess their marketing people are trying to come up with approaches that will work. Hence offering home visits, drive-thru etc.

I've been wondering about having a flu shot here. Are clinics safe here, or should I be going to a hospital? Any indication on what it should cost?

• Haha 1

I got a "free" flu shot in America last year.  The only catch is it's only free with insurance, which costs $800 a month.

This year, no insurance so I just paid $400 for one month's worth of medicine that costs $40 at a private hospital in Thailand with no insurance.

OK, beer is cheaper in America, and I'm guessing cocaine is much cheaper too but pharma and health insurance corporations are pure gangster. ????

Edited by SiSePuede419

20 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

Turns out the man told her  her didn't  speak Thai

Couldn't tell the accent? Tons of call center work is outsourced to the Philippines.

Years ago a certain huge Thai agency tried to recruit me for a teaching job through phone and Skype. For Skype he would not turn on his video. The guy working for this agency "advancing the future for Thai children" was obviously Filipino.

You know, if this agency actually did care about Thai children, perhaps they would do more to ensure they learned proper English, in order to give them these jobs.

11 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Aetna Thailand is offering free "4 strain" flu vaccinations to it's members . 

Thai Chana have much better offer! They even know where you get flu!

Edited by 2 is 1

i'll never forget one morning years ago around 7.00am when i was running late for work and rushing across a pedestrian crossing in pitt st in sydney and it's raining and my mobile rings and rings ....   I reluctantly answered to a strong indian accent that blabbered on asking my name and where i was from ....  and I kept saying ... what do you want .. what do you want ... finally after getting under cover from the downpour .. he say's ,  sir, would you like to purchase funeral insurance ..

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I've been wondering about having a flu shot here. Are clinics safe here, or should I be going to a hospital? Any indication on what it should cost?

I prefer my hospital, but when I lived in Bangkok I used doctors in clinics. I believe they're safe. I don't know about the cost at clinics, but probably not much more than the hospital, maybe even less. Last September my flu shot was ฿590, but that was the vaccine cost only. It was mixed in with my doctor's consultation, purchase of another medication, and the little incidental charges my hospital throws in. I would guess ฿800-900 for the flu shot alone. I forgot to ask my doctor about getting the updated vaccine. Last year he recommended getting the second shot in May because the vaccine is tweaked to better handle the current year's virus. I'm over 80, so I prefer to spend the money.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Aetna Thailand is offering free "4 strain" flu vaccinations to it's members . 

They did this last year as well (pre covid) good program from a good company. Also got free coffee from my hospital while waiting ????

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Roy Baht said:

I think the "five-star" hospitals have been hurting due to the decline in medical tourists. 

Indeed, was told they are actually at a loss for this year so far even though they decreased the guarantee payments for almost all doctors (minimum salary even if there are zero patients).

Its much quieter during shifts these days and some stand-by shifts have been cancelled.

Well, there is more up your sleeve. Thanks to "Thai Chana" expect:
- Big C to call you how regular you can go to the toilet as they would have a special offer on toilet paper
- Tesco Lotus will call you about the Buy2Get3 drums of washing detergent you usually buy
- Hotel ABC in Hua Hin will have telemarketer calling you over lunch or dinner time to offer their weekend packages
- B Quick has a promotion on wipers, tires or oil changes

etc. etc. etc.

This is exactly why such data should be only released by the owner if (s)he really wants to; a governmental instruction on a "Thai Chana" scheme is an X-ray on people without them knowing it. I also do not know, what other data they can download from smartphones these days. 

I - for one - have (officially) no smartphone, iPhone, iPad or I-do-not-know-what-else-kind-of-gizmos and hence manually put down "Easter Bunny" as name and a phone number of a public listed company; bei it an airline, city hall or - in your case - the Bangkok Hospital.

Next will be mandatory vaccination - the writing is on the wall! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Roy Baht said:

Oh ,by the first contagion case in one of the malls they get  busload's of worried contacted persons to come and test at the cost of …. xxxx'sBHT , at their urgent invitation …..

The QR is a good marketing strategy for them ????

Support your local private hospitals and visit the QR scanning Mall's …… ????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

The vaccination recommended is the pneumovax 23 , it is against pneumococcus and stays good for several years, protecting against pneumonia.

https://www.merckvaccines.com/pneumovax23/

I had 2 already and believe me or not but last 15 years even not a common cold ,(but that must be my own health system's reason  I guess )

Edited by david555