Got a call from Bangkok Hospital

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

The vaccination recommended is the pneumovax 23 , it is against pneumococcus and stays good for several years, protecting against pneumonia.

https://www.merckvaccines.com/pneumovax23/

I had 2 already and believe me or not last 15 years even not a common cold ,(but that must be my own health system reason  I guess )

Flu vaccine and pneumonia vaccine are different things

Both are recommended for people over age 65

Flu vaccine is every year as strains keep changing

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Flu vaccine and pneumonia vaccine are different things

Both are recommended for people over age 65

Flu vaccine is every year as strains keep changing

I never said Pneumovax is a flu vaccine.... , hence the link ,and the notice it protect against pneumonia who is the real killer in case of a bad flu , and the 23 is the most protecting  besides the other lower protecting pneumovax (x)..number

and the advantage of the pneumovax is that it protect for years...not every year changing strain

Edited by david555

5 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Couldn't tell the accent? Tons of call center work is outsourced to the Philippines.

Years ago a certain huge Thai agency tried to recruit me for a teaching job through phone and Skype. For Skype he would not turn on his video. The guy working for this agency "advancing the future for Thai children" was obviously Filipino.

You know, if this agency actually did care about Thai children, perhaps they would do more to ensure they learned proper English, in order to give them these jobs.

When he called back and I asked  about his nationality, he said he's Indonesian.   While Filipinos commonly have good mastery of English,   their accent is usually easily detectable.

Again, the cost was ฿890.

This morning we drove up to where three nurses stood  near the hospital entrance, had our temperatures taken  (35.5), blood pressure   (112/58), alcohol swab on left arm, and presto a needle jab.    As opposed to the jab I got last November where it seemed like a jumbo needle and a leisurely time taken of leaving it in, this was fast, efficient, and 100% painless.

Altogether, the process involved 5 phone calls to us.   These included  the interview, wake up call  (9AM appointment), and 15 minutes after the jab a follow up call asking if we were satisfied with the whole package.

We've gone along fully with the shelter in place edict and this was a great way to continue that I feel.

7 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Phythai Sri Racha now offering injection in Pattaya -- I assume by home b^visit -- 550 baht

So the price war is on....

I had an email from Gavin about this yesterday - not quite a "home" visit -

As the new flu (influenza) Fluarix Tetra 4 strains vaccine is now available for the coming wet season, we are  pleased

to offer to you for only 550 baht. No need to come to the hospital as we will bring the vaccine to you in Pattaya 

in Soi Kaow Noi at " Tropical Bert's'' restaurant. Proper social distancing and other safety measures will of course

be in place.

Date to be advised and you need to let him know so they have enough shots with them.

6 hours ago, topt said:

I had an email from Gavin about this yesterday - not quite a "home" visit -

Date to be advised and you need to let him know so they have enough shots with them.

How do you contact them ?  

8 hours ago, peterrabbit said:

Had my flu shot at the new Jomtien hospital (Owned by Bangkok Pattaya group) yesterday. Only 500b until the end of the month.????

Sounds good. Do I need a appt. ??   Di you have tgeir contact info ?  Thanks

On 5/21/2020 at 8:58 PM, Lacessit said:

I've been wondering about having a flu shot here. Are clinics safe here, or should I be going to a hospital? Any indication on what it should cost?

Always found the clinics to be safe and clean, cheap too, but never had a flu shot there. me thinks the op got ripped off.

On 5/22/2020 at 2:28 PM, peterrabbit said:

Had my flu shot at the new Jomtien hospital (Owned by Bangkok Pattaya group) yesterday. Only 500b until the end of the month.????

Just phoned them and they said still doing them ,so i will be off there to get mine done ,