Nearly 6,000 THAI staff to be laid off

webfact

On 5/21/2020 at 1:21 PM, RichardColeman said:

They do realise that by writing off any money owed to Airbus could mean they lose 30 planes. right ? 

A lot of airlines will cease to exist unless they get bailouts .Look for higher prices and less choice .

1 hour ago, muffy said:

A lot of airlines will cease to exist unless they get bailouts .Look for higher prices and less choice .

Apart from the Lakorn that is TG, you are right.

Many airlines may not survive this nightmare. Those that do will emerge as different airlines, probably with a much reduced fleet. 

The boneyards in California and Spain are testament to the number of aircraft that are parked probably never going to fly again, and it's a sign of what airlines that do survive are going to look like.

If I had to predict a lot less widebody capacity and a lot more focus on single aisle ETOPS aircraft 

Edited by GinBoy2

Back to the 6,000 staff layoffs.

My guess (could be wrong of course) is that:

- The overall/long-term policy of the gov't., is that Thai must continue/re-start in some form. 

- So perhaps there is already, or very soon will be, a new Thai International plan (big picture) with a presumed route plan and new strategic plan & service offerings plan.

- Plus a new big picture staffing plan:

- Based on new route plan and new/adjusted picture of aircraft, route/service offerings, flight crews, maintenance staff, cabin crews, check-in / ground staff etc., needed.

- And the above numbers based to some extent on comparisons of staff numbers employed by successful airlines with similar route picture. And clearly avoiding a copy of the offerings, structure, costs etc., is place for the last 20 years.

So, will the overall numbers needed (as per above) equal the remaining 14,000+ staff? Surely that cannot be true or acceptable, and if tried would gain some very strong and powerful objections. Or would it?

And how long will the 14,000+ staff not yet removed be retained? 

And will there be a policy to take advantage of this whole mess:

- To reduce the average age of staff? 

- To remove large numbers of staff who have strong poor service attitudes, and staff who believe they are entitled? 

- To reduce the current large numbers of managerial/supervisory staff who are not needed and add no specific value to the operations or revenues and margins?

And what will the remaining 4,000+ staff (a lot of people) be doing in the meantime? Does it mean they will remain in full salary for 2+ years? Surely that cannot be allowed.

On 5/21/2020 at 12:47 PM, ezzra said:

Hopefully some of them will of the indifferent, aloof and oh' not so young anymore cabin crew... and why on earth are they always lugging these huge suitcases even on a single overnight trip i could never understand...

Buying and selling goods tax free or goods unavailable in different countries-making extra cash 

This <deleted>show will end up with Thai being sold to some prestige-seeking $ucker for 1 baht plus some of the debt and a reduced work-farce

Still unlikely the company will turn any profit for the next few years.

I wouldn't touch it with a 1000-ft pole if I  was an investor

On 5/21/2020 at 12:47 PM, ezzra said:

Hopefully some of them will of the indifferent, aloof and oh' not so young anymore cabin crew... and why on earth are they always lugging these huge suitcases even on a single overnight trip i could never understand...

To carry things not declared back...