BANGKOK
webfact

Nearly 6,000 THAI staff to be laid off

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

should i cut up my silver orchid card .... 

Yes... 

I'm just cutting my up now.

• Thanks 1

Probably a waste of time persuing a refund for cancelled flight then 💩

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sahibji said:

sad to see Thai airways headed that way. it is a good airline.

Fom what I've seen on here most would disagree. But I actually agree, at least so far as their business class which I've always enjoyed. Also their direct flights to European capitals, daily. So I'm hoping they continue. But if they lose their best aircraft with modern configurations there will be better options even if they involve a transit stop at a hub airport.

• Like 1

Thai Airways, like so many good airlines had its time in the lime light. It became sluggish and its staff more intent on pilfering perfumes from the duty free bucket rather than looking after their customers. Ever try and cash in  frequent flier points on "Star Alliance" and specifically with Thai Airways? They have great routes but you cannot convert a pig's ear into a silk purse - as in smooth as silk. Kaputt. Finto. C'est la fin. I had wished that they would opt to international management rather than this death by a thousand cuts. 

Who would buy a stake in a bankrupt airline? It would have to be pennies on the dollar for any investors to buy. 

6 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Looming recession,Thai airways going bankrupt , mass unemployment yet the Thai baht is as strong as ever WHY ?  

The thin end of the wedge,the bahts  future is on thin ice.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cheapcanuck said:

Who would buy a stake in a bankrupt airline? It would have to be pennies on the dollar for any investors to buy. 

There isn't an investor out there that would.  

Buffett bought all kinds of United, and about a week later sold at a huge loss going "what the hell was I thinking".  

1 hour ago, umlungu2012 said:

Good news. An extra source of income: just think of all the coins the ghastly ignorant mainlanders throw into the engines before takeoff for good luck. THAI could re-employ some of the HiSo arrogant cabin janitor ladies to scoop them up and collect them all in their large suitcases. 

You wont get far on seven jiao.

OK prime minister another letter to the Thai oligachs, well maybe not. 

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

Hopefully some of them will of the indifferent, aloof and oh' not so young anymore cabin crew... and why on earth are they always lugging these huge suitcases even on a single overnight trip i could never understand...

I thought you were from that "I refuse to fly THAI" clique?

How do you know what size bags they have?

How do you know which crews are overnighting?

You haven't left Thailand in aeons.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Magenta408 said:

It became sluggish and its staff more intent on pilfering perfumes from the duty free bucket rather than looking after their customers.

Citation?

Defamation?

any of their fleet parked up in other global airports going to have legal applications to cease them by any chance with this news ? 

9 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Question: How many among these laid-off employees are going to be grossly overpaid top executives?

Therein lies one of the company's many problems. As long as the nobjobs are still on the payroll, the company doesn't stand much of a chance. 

• Like 1

and creepy tjaina are very interested..

boot them back to outer space.