Nearly 6,000 THAI staff to be laid off

webfact

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

They do realise that by writing off any money owed to Airbus could mean they lose 30 planes. right ? 

I read somewhere that Airbus have already asked for it's planes back

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Hopefully some of them will of the indifferent, aloof and oh' not so young anymore cabin crew... and why on earth are they always lugging these huge suitcases even on a single overnight trip i could never understand...

I've seen these huge suitcases. What could they possibly be carrying in them?

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Hopefully some of them will of the indifferent, aloof and oh' not so young anymore cabin crew... and why on earth are they always lugging these huge suitcases even on a single overnight trip i could never understand...

I guess you should fly with Qantas the average age of female crew members looks like 65 plus

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

If  they start redundancies  from the top down it  might help !

This is a serious point. I hope they choose the right 6,000 people to shed. (by right I mean best for the business)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

You sure it has not already been cancelled ?

"Due to the Covid-19 crisis, THAI has temporarily suspended its operations until 30th June 2020."

Not sure what you're getting at, but this is the cancellation email they sent me nearly a couple of months ago:-

Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 at 10:41
Subject: Flight Cancellation TG930/May 21, 2020                                                                                                                            

FLIGHT CANCELLATION TG930/MAY 21, 2020
Booking reference:        TVNDKU    
Dear Valued Customer,
THAI regrets to inform you that TG930/May 21, 2020/ Bangkok (BKK) - Paris (CDG) has been cancelled. 

Previous Flight 
Bangkok BKK Suvarnabhumi Intl        Paris PAR Charles De Gaulle        00:05        07:10        TG930        W    
                May 21, 2020        May 21, 2020    
We do apologize for any inconvenience caused. For further information or any assistance, please contact the travel agent where you purchased the ticket, or THAI office nearby, if you are booked directly with THAI or via THAI’s website.

Thank you for flying THAI. 

Yours Sincerely, 

Thai Airways International Public Company Limited.

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

If the receivers are serious, useless senior management and unqualified board members will be the first to go.

If they remain and only junior staff are let go then the receivers are not doing their job and that will leave the airline.

I think the fact its gone as far as this demonstrates they are actually serious this time.

In some such situations, the administrator would make some assessments:

- Which current staff have specific skills/knowledge/experience that is critical to take whatever next steps have been agreed, and keep some of these folks on, but how long is another question controlled by changing circumstances and current goals & on-going goals.

- Which staff have behaviors, attitudes and past history which could impede, slow achievement of next steps, and push them out quickly, especially if they are known to upset other staff or encourage other staff to not cooperate etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Catkiwi said:

Yeah get those plane repo guys that do the show on Discovery on the job!! That would make more than a few interesting episodes.

Actually the airports aren't closed as such, only for arriving international passenger flights, with some exemptions so, I think Airbus wouldn't have too much of a problem.

It might also be written into the leasing contracts that the actual owners have the right to take the aircraft after 24 hours written notice or similar. 

In any case I'm sure the if the owners moved in to repossess the aircraft they would have a security team with them. 

Cool. China will buy THAI soon. Quatity on board went into dive already for many years. Reputation and trust gone too. Would be a real surprize for me if China won't do major investments into THAI Airways....Nihao!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, rtco said:

I read somewhere that Airbus have already asked for it's planes back

The majority of those are the 20 A320's operated by Thai Smile, and a couple of B787's operated by TG.

There is a myth that the A380's are leased, they were purchased.

On the A320 thing, it's interesting that nobody mentions Thai Smile. I'm assuming that as a fully owned subsidiary it's part of the bankruptcy, but if someone knows the real situation I'd be interested

Sadly this was coming even before the Virus,  The Board CEO. government leaders ran this airline to the ground then stomp on it again and again!  Time to action it off to a private investor once out they will again run it to the ground unless something major changes!  Talking about Government can't run anything!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Not sure what you're getting at, but this is the cancellation email they sent me nearly a couple of months ago:-

Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 at 10:41
Subject: Flight Cancellation TG930/May 21, 2020                                                                                                                            

FLIGHT CANCELLATION TG930/MAY 21, 2020
Booking reference:        TVNDKU    
Dear Valued Customer,
THAI regrets to inform you that TG930/May 21, 2020/ Bangkok (BKK) - Paris (CDG) has been cancelled. 

Previous Flight 
Bangkok BKK Suvarnabhumi Intl        Paris PAR Charles De Gaulle        00:05        07:10        TG930        W    
                May 21, 2020        May 21, 2020    
We do apologize for any inconvenience caused. For further information or any assistance, please contact the travel agent where you purchased the ticket, or THAI office nearby, if you are booked directly with THAI or via THAI’s website.

Thank you for flying THAI. 

Yours Sincerely, 

Thai Airways International Public Company Limited.

Yeah my bad, was on my phone and mis-read your post.

Please accept my humble apology.

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Smuggling.. lol.... I always notice that there are too many staff gathered at the desks .. only work they are doing is chatting 

Edited by terryofcrete

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

I imagine that like a lot of airline flight staff the suitcases are for all the "presents" for the family ??

Will somebody please tell me who the International Receiver & Accountancy firm is ?

You cannot put yourself into receivership or bankruptcy & than administer it yourself ?

That is ridiculous, as obviously they have no idea how to run an airline

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

and why on earth are they always lugging these huge suitcases even on a single overnight trip i could never understand...

Basically because of the stuff they are asked to move around as Staff baggage with minimal checks.

Designer bags.etc.

Even Thai orchids have been carried on the flights all over the place.

More reliable than Thai Postal service.