Nearly 6,000 THAI staff to be laid off

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Typo.   Should read :   Thai will stop repaying all debt and start accumulating more from scratch.   New Thai Airway will rise like a Phoenix from the ashes but will ulti

Never liked the cabin crew, very condescending, especially to Thais. Most got their job through some kind of nepotism or cronyism and find it hard to wait on others, especially below them on the hiera

sad to see Thai airways headed that way. it is a good airline.

Posted Images

If you invest coundry like Thailand, you have to believe that they dictator rule is nice!

If you think so and believe only power of money you make much more! 

If you believe freedom and democracy and you not greedy ahole , then you look other people around you! Still can make money and actualy feel good about it!

3 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Question: How many among these laid-off employees are going to be grossly overpaid top executives?

I think I know the answer.

If the receivers are serious, useless senior management and unqualified board members will be the first to go.

If they remain and only junior staff are let go then the receivers are not doing their job and that will leave the airline.

I think the fact its gone as far as this demonstrates they are actually serious this time.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

Any idea who might buy into a defunct airline?

Maybe Sir Richard Charles Nicholas Branson he could use the money from selling off some 41 million in Virgin Galactic stock.....oh wait isn't his airline in trouble...I believe he is hemorrhaging money also....

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Everybody know answear! China! Buy already Norwegian.... going to buy all... They have money! And now money talks bs walks!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Hopefully some of them will of the indifferent, aloof and oh' not so young anymore cabin crew... and why on earth are they always lugging these huge suitcases even on a single overnight trip i could never understand...

Lateral thinking my dear fellow.... it's not what's going out but what's coming back..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

You mean possession is not 9/10th's of the law.  How will Airbus take them back if the airport's remains closed, under cover of darkness hire the airplane repo companies and pay them a tidy sum for risking their lives....Not sure what will happen, but this country now has some serious egg on it's face....

Yeah get those plane repo guys that do the show on Discovery on the job!! That would make more than a few interesting episodes.

Actually the airports aren't closed as such, only for arriving international passenger flights, with some exemptions so, I think Airbus wouldn't have too much of a problem.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

But this takes place according to Thai law and Thai courts, right? 

They also intend to file for bankruptcy in the US, in order to get protection from foreign creditors. That's been publicly announced, and mentioned in other articles.

1 hour ago, shinawhat said:

Thai airways was banned from flying to North America a few years ago because of massive safety violations. 

That isn't correct. The FAA downgraded Thailand, not TG:

https://simpleflying.com/thailand-faa-rating-failure/

"The FAA safety rating is issued as part of the agency’s International Aviation Safety Assessment (IASA) program. This program assesses “a country’s ability, not the ability of individual air carriers, to adhere to international aviation safety standards and recommended practices”  established by ICAO."

12 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Richard Branson is looking for something else to throw his money away on since Virgin went tits up. 🤑

• Haha 2

all international flights wont be flying for many years .its a lost cause right now .esp if theres a 2nd more deadly wave of infections as tedros claims is coming

• Sad 1
10 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

Yeah get those plane repo guys that do the show on Discovery on the job!! That would make more than a few interesting episodes.

Actually the airports aren't closed as such, only for arriving international passenger flights, with some exemptions so, I think Airbus wouldn't have too much of a problem.

those progs are a setup as security guys would  shoot them dead on the spot in case theyre plane bombers

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

I am afraid there might be more . Samsung has laid off staff twice already and did it again just last month. Either scaling down to move or scaling down production 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1