Nearly 6,000 THAI staff to be laid off

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Typo.   Should read :   Thai will stop repaying all debt and start accumulating more from scratch.   New Thai Airway will rise like a Phoenix from the ashes but will ulti

Never liked the cabin crew, very condescending, especially to Thais. Most got their job through some kind of nepotism or cronyism and find it hard to wait on others, especially below them on the hiera

sad to see Thai airways headed that way. it is a good airline.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, fresher said:

This is a serious point. I hope they choose the right 6,000 people to shed. (by right I mean best for the business)

The airline is going bankrupt and you expect them to choose the right 6,000 people?

Come on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, bwpage3 said:

The airline is going bankrupt and you expect them to choose the right 6,000 people?

Come on.

Well getting rid of people that keep the planes airworthy wouldn`t be the greatest bit of thinking would it?

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Will somebody please tell me who the International Receiver & Accountancy firm is ?

You cannot put yourself into receivership or bankruptcy & than administer it yourself ?

That is ridiculous, as obviously they have no idea how to run an airline

You can if you are owned by the Thai Government.

5 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

If  they start redundancies  from the top down it  might help !

yeah, i highly doubt layoffs will start at the top of the salary scale.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Not sure what you're getting at, but this is the cancellation email they sent me nearly a couple of months ago:-

Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 at 10:41
Subject: Flight Cancellation TG930/May 21, 2020                                                                                                                            

FLIGHT CANCELLATION TG930/MAY 21, 2020
Booking reference:        TVNDKU    
Dear Valued Customer,
THAI regrets to inform you that TG930/May 21, 2020/ Bangkok (BKK) - Paris (CDG) has been cancelled. 

Previous Flight 
Bangkok BKK Suvarnabhumi Intl        Paris PAR Charles De Gaulle        00:05        07:10        TG930        W    
                May 21, 2020        May 21, 2020    
We do apologize for any inconvenience caused. For further information or any assistance, please contact the travel agent where you purchased the ticket, or THAI office nearby, if you are booked directly with THAI or via THAI’s website.

Thank you for flying THAI. 

Yours Sincerely, 

Thai Airways International Public Company Limited.

I got the same e-mail and THAI owes me 60K baht, which they at the time promised to refund in 5 months time.

Let me know if you ever see dime from them.

4 minutes ago, ukdave51 said:

I`ve got one too, not hopeful, probably lose my money, will just have to wait and see. 

sorry .... u can forget about that.

1 minute ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I got the same e-mail and THAI owes me 60K baht, which they at the time promised to refund in 5 months time.

Let me know if you ever see dime from them.

correct .... i would just forget about it .... it's gone imo.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes

If operations are to continue as indicated for possibly 12 months, I cannot see how the flight cancellation should not be honoured?

It's not wipe the slate clean from today. 

Unless you are privvy to more information?

All I got was attached..

But an indication that flights were credit until December 2020 and if not used it would role over a further 12 months.

My flight was rebooked by Thai airways to fit into the last flight to Thailand on March 30th.

They pulled out early

Leaving me stranded in Australia.

Screenshot_20200521-223347_Gallery.jpg

Edited by dallen52

This report does not make sense.You cannot sell your stake and cancel dept.First there is no stake left to sell.And the lenders ie airbus have a claim on the aircraft.Does not say who the depts are owed to.?

3 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

If operations are to continue as indicated for possibly 12 months, I cannot see how the flight cancellation should not be honoured?

THAI will stop repaying all debt and start from scratch.

This would indicate cancellation will not be honored .....  imo 

5 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

I'll ask you this ......  they owe billions of baht to creditors,  they have declared bankruptcy, they have sacked 6000 employees ......  and you want your air ticket ....  lol

Thailand will never ever be able to lease another aircraft from Boeing or Airbus or any other manufacturer world wide.

They will only be able to buy up front.   imo