BANGKOK
webfact

Bangsaen Beach shut again after youths gather, drink, litter

By Pattaya Mail

Pattaya-News-2-N-May-20-03-Bang-Saen-bea  

Bang San Beach at sunset.

Once again, a selfish minority has spoiled it for everyone as authorities again closed Bangsaen Beach after unruly groups of young Thais descended on it for drinking and left garbage behind.

Sansuk Subdistrict had reopened Bangsaen after weeks of no reported cases of the coronavirus in Chonburi. But stipulations were made that forbade eating and drinking on the beach or gathering in large groups.

Full story: https://www.pattayamail.com/coronavirus/bangsaen-beach-shut-again-after-youths-gather-drink-litter-300985

screenshot_10211.jpg

-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2020-05-21

• Like 1

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai youths gather, drink, litter at all the beaches, so....

• Like 1

Drive around anywhere in Asia, it's an absolute disgrace with the garbage. They just don't care. Klongs , roads, beaches, sidewalks u name it, filthy! It reflects those living there. Sickening.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

closed Bangsaen Beach after unruly groups of young Thais descended on it for drinking and left garbage behind.

Will they close every beach in Thailand? It's what they do, it would be unresonable to expect otherwise. Eventually they will have to open the beach and everything will be back to normal. TIT

47 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Drive around anywhere in Asia, it's an absolute disgrace with the garbage. They just don't care. Klongs , roads, beaches, sidewalks u name it, filthy! It reflects those living there. Sickening.

Yep and people call Thailand a beautiful country, not from what i've seen its not, just one big rubbish tip.

It can be hard to dispose of rubbish in a rubbish bin if they are scant or non existent, however I think that enforcing the no littering rules is a good start. Along with that the provincial authorities need to educate and assist with infrastructure to promote correct disposal of litter.

2 hours ago, generealty said:

A couple of weeks back a guy from Phuket was claiming as Phuket beaches are clean now due to lock down the people responsible for constantly littering was Foreign tourists. I begged to differ stating that every country road in Thailand was full of rubbish, but he would not have it. I wonder what his thoughts are on this article ? No where to be seen eh ?

My argument was I doubt there is a single tourist that ever arrived in Thailand with a suitcase full of empty drink cans, snack wrappers and an old spirit-house!

Why did the police not arrest them??? a couple of weeks ago Pattaya police arrested some old aged pensioners just for walking on a closed beach, they were fined. Maybe the Thai youths had spent all their money on booze and food so the police decided it wasn't worth their while arresting them. Again a bit one sided. Now before anyone writes (but this beach was open) the law still says no alcohol or food to be consumed on beach and social distancing must be observed at all times.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Stupid petty rules.

Stupid petty individuals... 

• Like 2