Govt unveils ‘business class’ quarantine option

snoop1130

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Wealthy returnees are being given the choice of a luxury upgrade for their mandatory quarantine,

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The standard of hotels would range from two-star

????‍♂️

Seems fair enough to me. 14 days is not too bad if means you can walk around in society without a mask and without fear of covid.  Considering jet lag is 2 week is bit of a lose for me anyways.

Here in Canada they are opening things up yet the cases are rising. It is a s-show, people don't care just like the states, they don't wear masks and think it is all conspiracy. Things are expensive and boring too.  I can see the situation getting worse in the future and probably not getting better.

Once you pass quarantine in Thailand i would guess you could easily go to Cambodia or Vietnam too. I can see a benefit of have very few tourist around, cheap prices, nice local atmosphere.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The borders are still closed, and will be for some time.  No way to walk around without having mask on during your 14 days of isolated quarantine, even in the rooms from what I have seen.  Plus even if you have some more space, your not going anywhere outside of the room....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good news, the ship is sinking but you can upgrade your stateroom with a valid credit card. " Have it your way " Now we need a color chart. 

Thanks Dr Weewee.

More delusional rubbish and they have the nerve to actually publish this nonsense. Have any of these "officials" ever actually been anywhere overseas and come back on their own without adult supervision ? Makes ya wonder ? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, bkk_mike said:

Where exactly do you think you'll be travelling to where you won't have a two week quarantine/self-isolation on arrival along with a two week quarantine/self-isolation when you return?

Until there's a vaccine, that is the new normal for people travelling.

Fine for me. I want to travel long term. 2 weeks is nothing. I will be jet lagged anyways.

What the government should do is arrange full size apartments with cooking facilities for foreigners in Bangkok or near by.  Have some service that will drop off food every few days.

Once you are out of quarantine you will have your choice of hotels or guesthouses - all cheeep! Beaches will be empty, sound like a paradise. Once they iron out the details, i'll be there.

Edited by Don Chance
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, johng said:

Seems it will be high quality quarantine for all  ?

Welcom to Thailand but you stay 14 days quarantine before you are allowed out to visit the temples

yes sounds like a real winner to revive the tourist industry.

The tourists industry has gone never to return 

• Like 2