Govt unveils ‘business class’ quarantine option

snoop1130

11 hours ago, JohnBZ said:

We do not like this quarantine more than anyone else, but it does provide people who really need to come back to Thailand urgently an option to do so.  This is still the right step in the right direction.

Whilst it is IMHO a logical and positive step. Its more likely driven by the need to start getting back some extra income that has been decimated by the lack of tourists.

As others have noted, i cant help thinking this is just creating another money making opportunity.

People yet have to find out what the prices will be.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wonder what a deluxe luxury penthouse suite would cost?  Hint, Hint Hint, I will rent mine out to the Government for a princely sum...Jokes aside:

This whole scenario they are proposing just stinks to high heaven, its all about Money, greed, and finding another way to fill their pockets, while fleecing people who just want to get home....

It's not mandartory to upgrade...state and government quarantine is available.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Somtamnication said:

"Among those who can take advantage of the option are foreign returnees with Thai work permits– mostly business people and diplomats". Arai wa? 

Sod those who have families here and hold valid visa/reentry permits, in other words?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Somtamnication said:

"Among those who can take advantage of the option are foreign returnees with Thai work permits– mostly business people and diplomats". Arai wa? 

They kinda forgot about the government school teachers on 28k a month

Just now, baansgr said:

They kinda forgot about the government school teachers on 28k a month

Nah they didn't, teachers are not on the list of people allowed to come back, even with a valid visa/work permit. I read something like any foreigners coming need to be approved by some high up ministry before being allowed. 

So the work visa thing is going to be strictly for professionals that Thailand needs and can't take care of themselves. 

11 hours ago, JohnBZ said:

We do not like this quarantine more than anyone else, but it does provide people who really need to come back to Thailand urgently an option to do so.  This is still the right step in the right direction.

The problem is for a foreigner to return to Thailand they now need $100,000 insurance policy that has written into the policy that the individual is covered against Covid 19 plus they need a medical certificate no older than 72 hours before they fly to state they are clear of Covid 19 my wife who is stuck in the U.K. says it’s impossible to get either and she has telephoned dozens of insurance companies it looks like I might have to put the shutters down on my property and return back to the U.K. if things don’t change before the end of the year

• Like 2

14 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

From "high quality" tourists to "high quality" quarantine for returning Thai's 555

Such strange attitudes. First there wad the removing of China from the Thailand hotspot of countries list. So lets open our arms to them because they bring money. The country where the pandemic started.

Now because they know they won't have enough quarantine areas they are asking hotels to take on the risk. You really couldn't make this up. Why not allow people who have family in Isaan like I have go back to there for quarantine and is it still 14 days even although you have a medical certificate ?

Or is it like most rules in Thailand, never adhered to. Just hope my wife gets a visa for the US so she can join me here ????????????????

32 minutes ago, AmericanSafety said:

It's been 6 months since I have seen my children (3 because of this Q). When the hell am I going to be allowed to re-enter without a damn Quarantine? 

Reality is that you will not be allowed to enter unless you agree to a 14 day quarantine at your expense.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, travelerjim said:

Reality is that you will not be allowed to enter unless you agree to a 14 day quarantine at your expense.

With a two tier pricing structure and they'll make state facilities so awful you'll want to pay.

• Like 2

Thailand and malaysia are failure. Malaysia want charge 150rm  all foreigner  from june 1st , 75 rm for Malaysian... x 10 days do the math.. people especially immigrant don't have  this money in the pocket... insane stupid gov... non sense and shameful 

Edited by peter14
Orthograth
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Don Chance said:

Beaches will be empty, sound like a paradise. 

Yeah, beach look really nice! You can be only one there whit police! After you can spend your "holiday" in jail. Remember pay 20000 bth also for your swim trip!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

I wonder how many tourists will come if they have to do 2 weeks quarantine before they start their holiday?

And, do they have to pay for the quarantine?

Guess those tourists can do their 14 day quarantine in their Farang countries. 

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

it clear from the op the person coming into the country pays

However, a third option is available for people who are willing to pay more for a luxury, high-end service. The government calls it “alternate state quarantine”, and is collaborating with luxury hotel operators and hospitals to provide the special privilege.

Whatever the price it's a bargain to be allowed into the los.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I don't really see the issue. If you're desperate to get back and have the funds there is an option available.

However, it should be an option that is open to everyone (not dependent on work permits etc.). It should just be a case of paying the cash and getting taken to the resort. I think a package that was around 100k and involved 2 weeks in a 4/5 star hotel before being free to get back to your life/family would be very attractive to a lot of people.

Helps the hotel industry too. Maybe stop a few of the staff getting laid off.

A bold initiative and cheap as chips

• Haha 1

Additional state quarantine facilities in the capital are being offered to Thais returning from overseas this month, according to a Defence Ministry official.

The facilities include those in Qiu Hotel and Movenpick Hotel in central Bangkok.

Returnees are required to spend 14 days in state-designated quarantine facilities, many of them hotels, and must foot the bills themselves. The hotels were made available in conjunction with private hospitals.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Seems the last on the list is foreigners with Thai families. Wish they would relax restrictions on that class of people so I can finally leave and get back to work without worrying I won't be able to get back to my kid.

Tourists being talked about. Work Visa and Diplomats being talked about. But <deleted> families? Who cares apparently. 

That is tough.. most countries allow spouses to enter.

Why not take wife and kid with you when you leave to go to work?

• Sad 1

This article is somewhat incoherent, whether due to bad reporting or a briefer who didn't fully understand what he was talking about.

It says that all returnees are currently being placed in government facilities, which isn't true - every recent news report on Thais repatriated from abroad has specified that they were taken to hotels (the hotels were named).

It says that this fantastic new option is available to foreigners on work permits, when in fact such people have not been allowed into Thailand for weeks.

It says that the category of foreigners with work permits includes diplomats, when diplomats do not actually have work permits, and have not been subject to government quarantine (their embassies were responsible for ensuring that they self-quarantined at home or in embassy facilities).

So, is there any actual useful or accurate information being provided here?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

But who pays seems to be a bit vague.

As soon as the emergency degree is lifted, they won’t pay anymore for your quarantaine, So...at least you can come back, but you have to pay for it yourself !