Govt unveils ‘business class’ quarantine option

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Don Chance said:

Seems fair enough to me. 14 days is not too bad if means you can walk around in society without a mask and without fear of covid.  Considering jet lag is 2 week is bit of a lose for me anyways.

Here in Canada they are opening things up yet the cases are rising. It is a s-show, people don't care just like the states, they don't wear masks and think it is all conspiracy. Things are expensive and boring too.  I can see the situation getting worse in the future and probably not getting better.

Once you pass quarantine in Thailand i would guess you could easily go to Cambodia or Vietnam too. I can see a benefit of have very few tourist around, cheap prices, nice local atmosphere.

You can go to Vietnam and have another 14 days quarantine when you return 

You still will have to wear a mask in Thailand after quarantine. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Seems the last on the list is foreigners with Thai families. Wish they would relax restrictions on that class of people so I can finally leave and get back to work without worrying I won't be able to get back to my kid.

Tourists being talked about. Work Visa and Diplomats being talked about. But <deleted> families? Who cares apparently. 

Talking about diplomats shows their level of thinking...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Movenpick, in partnership with BDMS, is said to offer a 50,000 baht option, for 14 days. 

movenpick_bdms.jpg

That's pretty good value. I spent 2 nights in hospital in January following a motorcycle crash and the total bill was 52,000 Baht.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

So strange. Why cant someone just pay a couple thousand baht and get a Covid test, then be "released" from quarantine after negative result

Not a bad question. 

However there are some issues with that. 

A person can be infected but not yet show as positive. That could take some days. 

Also the tests have error rates. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Seems the last on the list is foreigners with Thai families. Wish they would relax restrictions on that class of people so I can finally leave and get back to work without worrying I won't be able to get back to my kid.

Tourists being talked about. Work Visa and Diplomats being talked about. But <deleted> families? Who cares apparently. 

Yes, I'm stuck at work, waiting to get back to my wife in Bangkok. I can't see travel or quarantines easing until there is a vaccine. You might have to make a choice, family or work until this is over. I won't leave Thailand again once I return until this Convid 19 insanity is over or under control with vaccine.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dutchweller said:

I have been stuck away from my wife and 3 year old since February.

I doubt I will be returning.

Told the wife to sell everything.

I can gave them both repatriated to my home no problems was give special exemptions.

just waiting for flights from Bangkok 

Good one, I saw my wife in January, before she decided to go to Bangkok for a 4 week holiday and never made it back before the quarantines and lock downs began. My situation is not as bad as a person with a small child, I hope you see them soon and keep staying strong.

16 hours ago, johng said:

Seems it will be high quality quarantine for all  ?

Welcom to Thailand but you stay 14 days quarantine before you are allowed out to visit the temples

yes sounds like a real winner to revive the tourist industry.

Yes but a very good and necessary action. Haven’t you noticed! There are a Pandemic. My good there are stupid people out there.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, johng said:

Seems it will be high quality quarantine for all  ?

Welcom to Thailand but you stay 14 days quarantine before you are allowed out to visit the temples

yes sounds like a real winner to revive the tourist industry.

Especially if you have a 16 day holiday package 555

4 minutes ago, Millcx said:

Especially if you have a 16 day holiday package 555

And what about tourists who only have a small annual leave entitlement.

In many counties 7, 10 days annual entitlement is standard. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ayemanomad said:

Stupid eh? Do you REALLY believe there is or ever has been a pandemic in Thailand? Do you believe the emergency measures that have been imposed on the population are justified, based on the official death rate of 56?

56, I don't believe.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Sure, but I hope that means those who choose the 'luxury quarantine' are subject to the exact same rules as all others. 

Why do people need quarantine if they are prepared to pay for a test or two?

That would bring the time down to a few days hopefully

In the UK they have just developed a 20 minute test

Obviously you might need to check a few times but it's massive overkill

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Well it says in this article that the govt cannot to continue to foot the bill for the quarantine and that foreigners should be willing to "upgrade the quarantine" to a luxury hotel.  Certainly means to me that the travelers will have to pay for whatever as the state will cease to provide free quarantine quarters.  That is why they mention starting at level 2 star hotels and are now telling hotels that wish to join this govt assigned quarantine victims can do so.

These kinds of articles go a long way, toward giving the world a boost of confidence in returning to Thailand for vacation! Way to go guys. Maybe a TAT promo? Quarantine in comfort. Enjoy the wonders of Thai cuisine while being locked up in your hotel cell for 14 days! Why is Dr. Taweesin still around? He has been making the most ignorant of statements since this whole thing started. Who is this guy? Why on earth is he a spokesman for the government? Do they even realize the extent of their BOB (bottom of the barrel) selections? Amazing Thailand. What can one say? And the people are depending on these clowns for help and assistance. Woe is Thailand with such an administration. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

However, a third option is available for people who are willing to pay more for a luxury, high-end service. The government calls it “alternate state quarantine”, and is collaborating with luxury hotel operators and hospitals to provide the special privilege.

For people who are unaccustomed to a "mosquito tent and blanket"

27 minutes ago, Presnock said:

Well it says in this article that the govt cannot to continue to foot the bill for the quarantine and that foreigners should be willing to "upgrade the quarantine" to a luxury hotel.  Certainly means to me that the travelers will have to pay for whatever as the state will cease to provide free quarantine quarters.  That is why they mention starting at level 2 star hotels and are now telling hotels that wish to join this govt assigned quarantine victims can do so.

So is this meaning that coming very soon arriving foreigners (possibly including folks living in Thailand with retirement visas etc.), on arrival back in country will have to quarantine in 2 star hotels but highly encouraged (forced?) to stay in 4 or 5 star hotels and foot the bill. 

But in all of these hotels (all stars) is there / will there be a special room rate for quarantine and is it a package? And will there be some officers watching movements, supervising delivery of meals, medications etc., to the folks in quarantine? 

27 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

These kinds of articles go a long way, toward giving the world a boost of confidence in returning to Thailand for vacation! Way to go guys. Maybe a TAT promo?

TAT Says: "Return to Thailand for your vacation where you will enjoy a 14 day Quarantine in luxurious comfort while enjoying the wonders of Thailand's cuisine, and seeing the sights virtually on your widescreen television, all while you are sequestered away from the public for 14 days!"

Sorry spidermike to hijack your Idea

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Why do people need quarantine if they are prepared to pay for a test or two?

That would bring the time down to a few days hopefully

In the UK they have just developed a 20 minute test

Obviously you might need to check a few times but it's massive overkill

The 20 minute test is only being trialled in the Uk with results of the trial due in about 6 weeks. So, some way before  being a done deal.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52762153