Govt unveils ‘business class’ quarantine option

snoop1130

Another way to take advantage of Covid! Is there no end to this Government's greed?

They'll be charging us to use the walkways and escalators in the airports next!

(Oh oh, hush my mouth!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

You are correct, I have no doubt who will pay, but i wonder if foreigners arriving into LOS (tourists, farang work permit holders, permanent residents, retirement visas holders) will have any choice. Can I select a 2 start hotel or will I be forced to use a 4 or 5 start hotel, and what other chargs will be involved:

- Food, will it be as quoted on hotel menu or a special rate?

- Whilst staying st such hotel can I order from outside, can my family drop off food for me, and will there be extra charges on my hotel bill.

- In addition to the above will there be "Special Covid quarantine check-in / check-out charges?

- Will there be additional covid cleaning charges? Including a  dailycharge for daily hand cleaner, and extra charges for covid trained hotel staff? 

- Will there be automatic extra charges because I use a wheel chair? 

Yes I'm being cynical, but nothing would surprise me.

I think probably the answers to most of the above questions will be "YES"!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Really? pure speculation on your part.  Just because they write about things in the papers, and talk about stuff, most of it never happens, or when it does it takes a long long time to happen.  They already have thrown on fee's a few years ago for medical, why the need to add more, and for every trip.  There are some of us here who already have medical as we were made to purchase it as part of the Visa and extension process based upon retirement.  But once again, I see you have a crystal ball and you see all.  Please tell me when the next rain will be, and if it will flood in Bangkok again.....

No speculation they announced the idea. They say will be included in ticket booking. You missed the news. It's a great earn for them an problem solved. You will need to chase it up. Looks like you have time 

2 hours ago, gordyg422 said:

Well hopefully they will open incoyiu ming flights after june as i am desperate to be with my wife & kids so i would pay after being stuck offshore for 16 weeks. 

This is for rich thais now not for tourists lol. No tourist is going to do this. Nobody. A COVID test and there proposed 300 Baht airport insurance and self quarantine is there only way out. All this l don't even listen to. There mad. It won't happen. People are starving while these clowns play games

Edited by tomauasia

11 minutes ago, sambum said:

I think probably the answers to most of the above questions will be "YES"!

You are all wrong. This is for urgent  entry now not tourists lol. You people believe anything 

Edited by tomauasia

4 hours ago, korse said:

Yes but a very good and necessary action. Haven’t you noticed! There are a Pandemic. My good there are stupid people out there.

No, not a "very good and necessary action"! A "very good money spinner" but not "necessary" as the basic option is still available. "My good (God?) there are stupid people out there."

6 hours ago, jojothai said:

Whilst it is IMHO a logical and positive step. Its more likely driven by the need to start getting back some extra income that has been decimated by the lack of tourists.

As others have noted, i cant help thinking this is just creating another money making opportunity.

People yet have to find out what the prices will be.

From what I've heard from a Thai who was repatriated from NY a week or so ago, 50-60k for two weeks at the higher end. A good money earner here before tourism can re-start, charge foreigners who need to get back in to work or be re-united with their families. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sambum said:

No, not a "very good and necessary action"! A "very good money spinner" but not "necessary" as the basic option is still available. "My good (God?) there are stupid people out there."

This is for people that must re enter now only. This is not for when they open international flights to tourism

8 hours ago, scorecard said:

I wonder how many tourists will come if they have to do 2 weeks quarantine before they start their holiday?

And, do they have to pay for the quarantine?

Of course you will have to pay for quarantine, this mob wouldn’t give you the drippings of their nose. Gimme Gimme Gimme ????????????

6 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I cannot see anyone returning to Thailand if these conditions remain in place especially foreigners I will tell my wife to stay in the  UK rather than go through these regulations . Why not allow people to do home quarantine and send out a local policeman to check that they are self isolating   

No money to be made with that one - and you are expecting plod to do something that is not within his "work" schedule!

8 hours ago, vinny41 said:

it clear from the op the person coming into the country pays

However, a third option is available for people who are willing to pay more for a luxury, high-end service. The government calls it “alternate state quarantine”, and is collaborating with luxury hotel operators and hospitals to provide the special privilege.

50/50? 50% to gov't and 50% to the "operators?

21 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Yeah, it's over. It will be a while before I enter again, luckily enough nice weather here in the UK ????

Enjoying your parties, BBQ's with your friends, footie games and and festivals?

And you should know that the English weather is about as predictable as the next statement from the Health Minister for Thailand!

Edited by sambum

20 hours ago, kotsak said:

The way things are going, it seems they try to normalize everything that it wasn't. Imagine all the young kids growing in this "new normal" society, conditioned to accept all restrictions since they have never known how it used to be in the past, besides the stories being told by their parents/grandparents.

this isn't forever you know, and a global pandemic surrounding a virus we knew absolutely nothing about, does warrant such measures. If we had treated it much like influenza, many more would have died because of this virus. Not to mention the greater risk of mutation when it passes through more hosts. Restrictions and social distancing was essential. Governments want to return to normal asap, they need a healthy and functioning workforce to ensure society actually operates as it should. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, johng said:

Seems it will be high quality quarantine for all  ?

Welcom to Thailand but you stay 14 days quarantine before you are allowed out to visit the temples

yes sounds like a real winner to revive the tourist industry.

There was no mention in the OP of it applying to tourists.

20 hours ago, hafler30 said:

It means they are figuring out ways of making money from quarantine in the absence of tourists.

What by giving people a choice of paying (a hotel) or not paying?  How does that make the government money?

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

I wonder how many tourists will come if they have to do 2 weeks quarantine before they start their holiday?

And, do they have to pay for the quarantine?

Has the government suggested that quarantine will apply to tourists when things are back to normal (as the situation, obviously, would be if tourists are coming in)?  No, it hasn't.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, vinny41 said:

it clear from the op the person coming into the country pays

Arrivals who are put into quarantine have the basic costs met by the government, that has been the case and has been reported right from the start of the situation.  Service provided above the basic facilities of accommodation and supplied food have to be paid for.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The borders are still closed, and will be for some time.  No way to walk around without having mask on during your 14 days of isolated quarantine, even in the rooms from what I have seen.  Plus even if you have some more space, your not going anywhere outside of the room....

On the contrary ThailandRyan, the borders are opening up very very soon. That's provided you are currently  in Vietnam.

27 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

There was no mention in the OP of it applying to tourists.

Perhaps true, but I'm guessing (and I suspect others are also) that this could slide to a situation where all farang are encouraged / pushed towards luxury quarantine.

Also possible, there could be good commissions for the pushers...  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, gordyg422 said:

Well hopefully they will open incoming flights after june as i am desperate to be with my wife & kids so i would pay after being stuck offshore for 16 weeks. 

I hope so for you too. Taiwan is still closed. I was just told I couldn't board my June 1 flight. Was told maybe July. Stuck in the flat I was giving up at the end of March with 80% of my belongings in storage. Can't get back to my flat there which I have paid for until the end of the year. I'm slowly losing my mind...

• Like 1

Then there is the Ultra-HiSo Option where one flies in on their private jet, gets picked up in a Rolls-Royce, driven to one of the finest Bangkok private clubs where the uber-wealthy hang out drinking brandy, eating cavier, and smoking Cuban cigars while laughing their derrieres off about what they have just pulled off on the entire planet of useless eaters.
"Dance plebs, dance!  Ha ha ha!"

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, connda said:

Then there is the Ultra-HiSo Option where one flies in on their private jet, gets picked up in a Rolls-Royce, driven to one of the finest Bangkok private clubs where the uber-wealthy hang out drinking brandy, eating cavier, and smoking Cuban cigars while laughing their derrieres off about what they have just pulled off on the entire planet of useless eaters.

That sound nice, how much, 2000 baht ok?

39 minutes ago, connda said:

The "useless eaters" will off course be expected to wear there useless masks to symbolise that they have also been silenced?

Sounds about right! 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

You are correct, I have no doubt who will pay, but i wonder if foreigners arriving into LOS (tourists, farang work permit holders, permanent residents, retirement visas holders) will have any choice. Can I select a 2 start hotel or will I be forced to use a 4 or 5 start hotel, and what other chargs will be involved:

- Food, will it be as quoted on hotel menu or a special rate?

- Whilst staying st such hotel can I order from outside, can my family drop off food for me, and will there be extra charges on my hotel bill.

- In addition to the above will there be "Special Covid quarantine check-in / check-out charges?

- Will there be additional covid cleaning charges? Including a  dailycharge for daily hand cleaner, and extra charges for covid trained hotel staff? 

- Will there be automatic extra charges because I use a wheel chair? 

Yes I'm being cynical, but nothing would surprise me.

I think you can get all from your list...but defenit on your card account ....enjoy your quarantine ????