Crowded Bangkok shopping area threatened with closure

snoop1130

The whole social distancing theorem came from a study at a high school for flu.in 2006 This is the only time that healthy people have been quarantined since the Black plague .Look up ..Targeted Social Distancing Designs for Pandemic Influenza  

• Like 1

The problem is that none of these facilities (shopping streets, markets, stores, public transportation) were built with social distancing in mind. Distancing worked fairly well when most people were staying at home, but it's not going to work when the number of pedestrians/shoppers/passengers returns to normal levels. These places were crowded before the crisis - how will those crowds magically become sparse and well separated with the same number of people in the same limited space?

They can order people around and install Thai Chana everywhere, but all that will do is either create a crowd of people waiting to get in or register, or, at best, create queues of appropriately distanced people stretching down the street until they run into the queues waiting to get into the next place. It's a nice idea, but the authorities will eventually have to realize that it's not physically possible to implement, and look for other solutions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Crowded Bangkok shopping area threatened with closure

The post photo is the perfect example of what Thais believe social distancing is... and how many are not wearing masks although in such close proximity of others...

The scene at Chatuchak markets is uncontrollable with the narrow alley ways, the skytrain at rush hour is a joke, so are they picking on the small people to justify that they are doing their jobs.?

Reminds me of the police stopping bikes at a controlled intersection whilst cars right in front of their noses sail through red unchallenged

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Just one of many examples, but I was in Villa last week and

Dunno which Villa location you're referring to... But the main Villa location in BKK at Soi 33 is so cramped and crowded with very narrow aisles that it's impossible to do anything meaningful there... They have hand gel and temperature checks at the entrance... But once inside, you're going to be rubbing elbows pretty much everywhere, especially when the traffic is busy. Social distancing there would be a dream... and yet they remain open.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Dunno which Villa location you're referring to... But the main Villa location in BKK at Soi 33 is so cramped and crowded with very narrow aisles that it's impossible to do anything meaningful there... They have hand gel and temperature checks at the entrance... But once inside, you're going to be rubbing elbows pretty much everywhere, especially when the traffic is busy. Social distancing there would be a dream... and yet they remain open.

Isn't 'social-distancing' all a bit 'last week'?

On 5/21/2020 at 10:13 AM, tribalfusion001 said:

It's a supermarket, you are not going catch covid-19 picking up a sandwich and going to the next part of the shop. a simple excuse me or kor tort khrab will suffice. If I see someone hanging around waiting for me to finish I'll take longer to browse and then walk past them closer than the social distance. Total bs brainwashing about social distancing!

Obviously, Darwinism hasn't worked for you...yet.