BANGKOK
snoop1130

UK's COVID-19 tracking system under fire amid warning of second spike

The only UK politician who seems to have a grip is Nicola Sturgeon.

Every day when she gave the figures for COVID cases and death she would say "these are of course an underestimate"

At least honest

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 12:44 PM, Baerboxer said:

I had a long phone call with my 82 year old uncle in the UK. He's been a very active member of the Conservative Party for decades. He was scathing about how the current government have handled this pandemic. Especially about not closing the borders; not checking any arrivals; and not monitoring any arrivals.

Quite frankly, Thailand and all those other countries that were quick to close their borders seem to have done much better.

Why on earth would the UK government think a lock down would work with open entry at borders? Totally illogical.

A real mystery or is it ?  I watched on BBC recently where an ex member of SAGE named David King stated that the freedom of entry into the UK made no sense when there was a lockdown in place , however he believed that what was happening was the " Herd Community " practice , that had been opposed by 250 scientists at the beginning of the pandemic in the UK , had been reintroduced without any announcement . It is to me the only sane answer . By early June , using new virus testing kits , there will be an accurate map of the virus hot spots and then appropriate resourses to be applied .  

• Like 1