BANGKOK
snoop1130

U.S. orders 300 million doses of potential COVID-19 vaccine

Of course there is an angle. October delivery is the month before the election Nov 3.  He can sit and blab away all day and night about vote for me and get the vaccine.  He gave $1 Billion USD of tax payers dollars on this contract .  Obvious election fraud as the vaccine is unproven.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Taco said:

Of course there is an angle. October delivery is the month before the election Nov 3.  He can sit and blab away all day and night about vote for me and get the vaccine.  He gave $1 Billion USD of tax payers dollars on this contract .  Obvious election fraud as the vaccine is unproven.

I wonder if the Democrats will include that in Impeachment 2.0. Or will there be a 3.0 as well?

8 hours ago, bendejo said:

I find this news disturbing.  I've included 2 links, one to a site with a liberal leaning, the other to the NY Post, which is pretty much a print version of Fox (and part of the Murdoch organization).

https://nypost.com/2020/05/18/federal-government-buying-riot-gear-amid-coronavirus/

https://theintercept.com/2020/05/17/veterans-affairs-coronavirus-security-police/

I have to wonder what they are anticipating.  And why is there fear of veterans?

Check out BBC news yesterday. Uk has ordered 30 million.

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

More tin foiled hat stuff.

Yep, over 1 billion people in India agree with you.

If true, Brits will wait years for the vaccine from a British company. They should cancel all tax breaks for Astra Zeneca. 

I have not read the entire thread... pg 01 was just an echo chamber of thoughts already stated ad infinitum.

My thought is WHAT?

Why would any one or any nation be ordering million, 10s of millions, or hundreds of millions of anything which is, as of today, unproven in doing what it is asked to do?

This is what seed money for research is for.

• Like 1

I thought no one nation would have dibs on a vaccine.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rupert the bear said:

a vaccine -ummm a virus,its hard to make one,malaria herpes,shingles HIV AIDS?it will take a while.if possible at all.

You can't compare. There is already years of research about other Corona viruses.

And Corona viruses are really only a flu / a cold, the problem is it's much more dangerous for 5-10% of the people.

10 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

I think you have it wrong. People and organizations prepare now so they don't have to be afraid later. The people who don't prepared often up being afraid later.

It's a pity that the US didn't prepare earlier, which would have saved tens of thousands of lives, instead the "un-stable genius" denied and delayed long past the time in late January, early February when the virus was first recognised as being capable of causing a pandemic, saying that it was just like the flu and it would mysteriously disappear come April. What a loser.....

This from the NY Times:

According to new estimates from Columbia University, if the U.S. had started social distancing measures one week earlier, about 36,000 fewer people would have died by early May. Make it two weeks, and about 54,000 lives — 83 percent — would have been saved.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Berti said:

You can't compare. There is already years of research about other Corona viruses.

And Corona viruses are really only a flu / a cold, the problem is it's much more dangerous for 5-10% of the people.

Also of course is the fact that despite these coronaviruses being known about for decades, there has not been one truly successful vaccine produced which can stop the infection – – doesn't give one a lot of hope!

I expect Mt T will be promoting this as a fabulous British developed and wunnerful British made vaccine by a fantastic British company.

Some words may get a bit 'lost' in translation though....

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/end-pandemic-sight-500-mersey-18293171

'End of the pandemic' in sight as 500 Mersey health staff test new coronavirus vaccine

This is a major development in the treatment that could save millions of lives and restore normal life

• Thanks 1

A post using ALL CAPS has been removed. 

• Haha 1

"made available by October" vs "available vaccine by 2021"

????

A cororavirus vaccine cannot be reasonably expected until the end of 2021.  https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/04/a-coronavirus-vaccine-wont-be-ready-untl-end-of-2021-professors-says.html

Someone in the US government seems to be depending on warp speed politics instead of medical science to boost the US economy before the November 2020 election. 

• Like 2