Phuket arrests for breaking curfew breach 1,600

snoop1130

Phuket arrests for breaking curfew breach 1,600

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1590054131_1-org.jpg

Territorial Defense volunteers on the street in Phuket Town overnight. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET:-- The total number of people arrested in Phuket for breaking the national nightly has breached 1,600, Phuket Provincial Police have reported.

The curfew was launched on Apr 3, with a ban on being on the streets between 10pm and 4am without a genuine reason for doing so.

The curfew was shortened last Sunday (May 17) to 11pm to 4am as part of easing the restrictions implemented to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-arrests-for-breaking-curfew-breach-1-600-76133.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-05-21

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Personally, I am not impressed with moronic Farangs who condone law breaking.

And what percentage of those breaking the curfew were foreigners?

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

What the Thai authorities have proved is an effectiveness in controlling the spread of CV19.

You mean the same government that approved the Muay Thai event that turned into one of the serious spreads of the virus here? The same government packing foreigners into immigration offices at the height of the epidemic? The same government packing people into BTS and MRT stations and trains? The same government that forced tens of thousands out of work in major urban areas only to push them to return to their previously isolated homes in the rest of the country?

It is almost certain that the virus was in Thailand in the month of January. Two months before the emergency decrees and the containment measures were implemented. So it is not entirely clear at this time what the real reason is for Thailand being spared from serious numbers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These irresponsible curfew breakers, don't they know that the night is full of zombies, werewolves, vampires (yes, it's true, I saw it on TV) and viruses??? Getting exposed to them at night time will certainly cause a second wave. Obey the orders and stay home until you're told that it's all clear again. 

• Haha 1

so its 2.30am where i am in kanchanaburi and out back in the forest theres chainsaws at it again. Seems logging is allowed. Police and government officials dont care but god dam if i went out to investigate i would be on the dam news, imprisoned, big fines...

I want a curfew thats implemented and law breakers punished cuz i want a dam good nights sleep. Keep the curfew i say!!

Its funny i dont really understand the curfew either but i have military aircraft flying over head everyonce and a while now without lights and pretty low coming from myanmar to utapao.. Seems a bit fishy... Dying to know whats going on.. Not much else to be concerned about i guess when your living in isolation with nothing to do...

10 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

so its 2.30am where i am in kanchanaburi and out back in the forest theres chainsaws at it again. Seems logging is allowed. Police and government officials dont care but god dam if i went out to investigate i would be on the dam news, imprisoned, big fines...

Most likely you would be shot If they are Illegal Loggers. 

• Like 1