Could we quarantine together?

habuspasha

Does anyone know if couples are allowed to quarantine together?  I see that Cambodia has just opened for visitors from the U.S. among other countries, on the basis that they show health certificate, have insurance, and quarantine for 14 days.  I don't expect anyone knows about Cambodian quarantine, but I am asking about the range of procedures more generally, including provincial and national policies in Thailand.  Assuming Thailand allows similar entry with 14 day quarantine sometime soon,  I'm wondering if we met in Cambodia and came into Thailand together, could we quarantine together? Could we choose and pay for the hotel?  Does anyone know about procedures and flexibility?

5 hours ago, habuspasha said:

Could we choose and pay for the hotel?  Does anyone know about procedures and flexibility?

I doubt you'd be allowed to do that. There must be some form of guarding at the official hotels and they ain't going to provide you with your own personal detail.

I have no idea if you would be allowed to quarantine together anywhere, I can't see why not but the Thai gov't is not known for being logical. It was something I was wondering as I can't stay longer than 2 weeks when I am eventually able to visit my wife. I suspect that even if its not officially allowed, we are talking about Thailand remember - a land where a certain paper product opens many doors.

The best possible solution would be to allow those who can, to quarantine at home and it might be that that is decided according to the situation where you are normally resident and that you use a direct flight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

And how would you get into Thailand from Cambodia? Border is closed to non Thais.

I'm imagining possibilities when the border opens, but likely does so initially with mandatory 14 day quarantine.

There was an article yesterday that Thailand was going to offer differing price levels of quarantine in

registered hotels.maybe check that out once borders are open.

It would be easier to fly in once allowed

• Like 1

19 hours ago, habuspasha said:

Could we choose and pay for the hotel?

No, there was an article today on TV reporting about a business class quarantine.  There are only a few hotels that are approved for it. If you're thinking about crossing a border to get in, I'm sure your quarantine will be in the provided government facilities local to your entry. No VIP!!

Edited by AgMech Cowboy

8 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

What tourist would come here if they faced a 14 day quarantine on arrival?

One thing I've learned about the pandemic is that things change very quickly. What's true today, might not be true tomorrow. Best not planning anything until the borders do open and you can assess the situation then.

Looks like you copied that straight out of the minutes of a TAT planning committee meeting.

13 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

When the borders fully open, I doubt that the 14 day quarantine will still be in force. Pointless. What tourist would come here if they faced a 14 day quarantine on arrival?

One thing I've learned about the pandemic is that things change very quickly. What's true today, might not be true tomorrow. Best not planning anything until the borders do open and you can assess the situation then.

That's why we're all glued to Thai Visa.

Are we? I find Thai Visa quite a way behind some of the news outlets and other forums. I thought that it was the best until I got a slapped wrist and served a ban. Pleased actually I widened my horizons quite a bit. Thai Visa is actually only good for visa information, the rest is just people having a moan.

Edited by jimn
  • Like 1