Public Health and Education ministries prepare to reopen schools on July 1st

webfact

Public Health and Education ministries prepare to reopen schools on July 1st

%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%80%E0%

The Thai Ministry of Public Health has been coordinating with the Education Ministry to make preparations for the reopening of schools nation-wide on July 1st, to ensure the safety of students during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

Dr. Panpimon Wipulakorn, director-general of Health Department, said today that students are at a greater risk of infection in schools than shoppers in malls, because they spend 5-6 hours together during the school day.

She admitted that it is difficult to make sure that students observe the health advisories, such as wearing face masks all the time at school, regularly washing their hands and physical distancing.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/public-health-and-education-ministries-prepare-to-reopen-schools-on-july-1st/

thaipbs.jpg

1 hour ago, SoilSpoil said:

50 students in 1 classroom again? 1 has a cold, fever or flu and starts coughing, possibly resulting in a stampede. Interesting to follow, because most parents we talk to prefer to do honeschooling.

Not the parents I talk to. They want them back in school. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkokhatter said:

At some point we must start getting back to normal and the schools opening should be a sign this is starting to happen.

Not surprised by the negativity of the opening posts, easier to criticize than to look at this as a positive event.

I know my daughter will be looking forward to a return and i am sure the schools will do what they can regarding protection, however personally i don't think it's such a great risk and if any children catch the virus most will recover after mild symptoms. For those children living with at risk relatives, it's the relatives who need to be quarantined. Let the kids lives get back to normal.

Well said. Much of the world is finding ways to get their children back in school, it's about time Thailand does too. July is a long way off. 

• Like 1

When is the general public going to realize that all these restrictions and rules are TOTALLY useless and impractical if we wish for any enjoyable lifestyle to stagger out of this situation. We have to confront any endemic disease as we have in the past, just get on with our lives, and build up a natural immunity so that life can go on as normal. Who wants to live in a sterile isolated fear driven atmosphere ? Not I ????

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

50 students in 1 classroom again? 1 has a cold, fever or flu and starts coughing, possibly resulting in a stampede. Interesting to follow, because most parents we talk to prefer to do homeschooling.

The school at which I teach has actually come up with a pretty slick system. Staggered classes, 25 minute sessions vs 50 minute, we will wind up with class sizes halved and the students will receive exactly the same amount of class time. Downside is we have to hit the ground running each session. No warm up, no real fun time, and NO breaks in October, Christmas or April next year. It's gonna be tough, but that's the reality of the times.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J Town said:

The school at which I teach has actually come up with a pretty slick system. Staggered classes, 25 minute sessions vs 50 minute, we will wind up with class sizes halved and the students will receive exactly the same amount of class time. Downside is we have to hit the ground running each session. No warm up, no real fun time, and NO breaks in October, Christmas or April next year. It's gonna be tough, but that's the reality of the times.

So where do the kids go after their 25 minute lesson? Sit in rows somewhere, waiting their turn?

• Like 1