BANGKOK

Thinking about going today to get my Yellow Book. Other than my passport and little passport photos, what should I take?

8 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Thinking about going today to get my Yellow Book. Other than my passport and little passport photos, what should I take?

Marriage certificate, wife blue book/ID card among other things. 

But the end of the day getting a yellow book varies widely from amphor to amphor so the only way to do it would be to prepare yourself for the run around nonsense and go there and ask. 

My first one was easy enough, just alot of running around. When we sold our old house and bought a new one, I didn't even do anything to change the Yellow book, the wife just went there and took care of it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I am planning on going to get mine in the summer holiday next month.

From what I saw online before I think it is (Passport, Work Permit if working in Thailand, Marriage Certificate, Blue Book from the owner and owner's ID). I even saw on one discussion that one person was asked for their birth certificated translated in Thai 🤣

Edited by BobbyL
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MartinL said:

Attached is list FOR MY LOCAL TESSABAN, from a few years ago - yours might be entirely different. 

Crazy how it varies from town to town. I remember having to have witnesses, but do not remember having to have my passport copy certified and translated. 

Just now, ubonjoe said:

The correct name is a certificate of residency issued by a immigration office. The same certificate is needed to get a driver's license or register a car.

I see. So, I would need to first go to an immigration office to secure that, or go to the Tessabaan office to see if they ask for it first?

5 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Crazy how it varies from town to town. I remember having to have witnesses, but do not remember having to have my passport copy certified and translated. 

It seems entirely arbitrary. In Amphur Muang Khon Kaen, they DIDN'T want the passport things but here in Phon, same province, 80-odd km. away, they did and wouldn't budge on that.

• Like 1

Was going to have my Lawyer take care of this for me till I found out that having one means very little and he suggested not bothering. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

OP, the requirements can vary depending on your local Amper. 

Most will require the blue book for the property, your name translated into Thai with MFA certification, certificate of residence from immigration. If your local Ampher requires MFA translations, and you are married, you marriage documents will usually be accepted as they contain MFA translations

Below are the requirements for Pattaya

yellow.jpg

Edited by Peterw42

Is a Certificate of Residence a letter from Immigration attesting to my current physical address?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Is a Certificate of Residence a letter from Immigration attesting to my current physical address?

Yes, thats correct. And long stay visa status.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Thanks 1