BANGKOK

On 5/22/2020 at 2:31 AM, JCP108 said:

Other than my passport and little passport photos, what should I take?

It's really depending of where you live – some places it's very easy; other places numerous documents are needed, plus interview and two witnesses – check with the tessa ban first.

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2020 at 8:04 AM, hereforgood said:

Was going to have my Lawyer take care of this for me till I found out that having one means very little and he suggested not bothering. 

I have found the same, a total waste of time in my case.  The requirements from our amphor were over the top, translated passport, certified, blah blah,  Everywhere I have been, doing normal business, banking, visa, drivers lic etc, I always asked if the yellow book is required or would help, I always got the same answer, no not want or not help????  I never bothered and have been here 17 years without one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

I have found the same, a total waste of time in my case.  The requirements from our amphor were over the top, translated passport, certified, blah blah,  Everywhere I have been, doing normal business, banking, visa, drivers lic etc, I always asked if the yellow book is required or would help, I always got the same answer, no not want or not help????  I never bothered and have been here 17 years without one.

Agree to a point, but have found my Pink ID card very helpful in the past few years, and of course you must have the Yellow Book first, to obtain the Pink ID card.

Also the yellow book and pink ID card are accepted by immigration for your address purposes if extending retirement or marriage.

But of course each to his own thinking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jomtienisgood said:

Don't forget your money.555555

Only for Immigration who pinged me 500Baht.

The yellow book was free and the  pink card  cost  60 Baht. My wife was  a bit disgusted because she  had  been charged  100 Baht for a new  card  some months  before !  555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

My passport, wife's Blue Book, 2600 ThB ( no receipt ).

Got Yellow Book, Pink I.D. Card, plastic to put IDCard in.

At Nongprue, last year.

Not used the Yellow Book or IDCard yet.

Addendum :

I am 2 cm taller than I was 20 years ago in Belgium, despite measuring taken barefoot here.  

Edited by luckyluke
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Also the yellow book and pink ID card are accepted by immigration for your address purposes if extending retirement or marriage.

they have been happy with a copy of my deed.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2020 at 1:08 AM, 86Tiger said:

And ignore the grumpy "it's useless" crowd.  I don't have to go to immigration to get address validation. 

Never went to immigration for anything in my life. Have drivers license, bought and sold cars and motorcycle.  Don't have yellow or pink card becuase never felt the need of it. If needed, I will ask my agent. My agent does every thing, incuding buying/selling cars, extension, driver's license, etc. It is called the power of money which I worked hard to earn it and now putting it to good use. Of course some people want to do all these themselves for the sake of doing it and to save a few bucks. 

Edited by Mulambana

7 minutes ago, Mulambana said:

Never went to immigration for anything in my life. Have drivers license, bought and sold cars and motorcycle.  Don't have yellow or pink card becuase never felt the need of it. If needed, I will ask my agent. My agent does every thing, incuding buying/selling cars, extension, driver's license, etc. It is called the power of money which I worked hard to earn it and now putting it to good use. Of course some people want to do all these themselves for the sake of doing it and to save a few bucks. 

Please PM me the "drivers license" agent.  Curious if it's worth the time-savings.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mulambana said:

Oh, technically you don't absolutely need it. And this is THE objection from the brigade who never do anything not absolutely necessary, just eat, drink, sleep, and have bowel movements. And good on 'em. I still like having mine, however, and I do use it for ID sometimes.

So then, for example, does your agent deposit and withdraw money for you over the counter at the bank? You need a quick 5K for a little shopping, just call your agent and he brings it? And you want to mail a package or pick up a package at the PO. You call your agent and he does it for you? 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 1:54 AM, ubonjoe said:

The correct name is a certificate of residency issued by a immigration office. The same certificate is needed to get a driver's license or register a car.

Whereas I humbly bow to Ubonjoe's superior knowledge on most things, when I applied for my yellow book in Wiang Chai, Chiang Rai a few years ago, I was required to provide the following:  1. A wife and accompanying a marriage certificate.  2. Wife's blue book and Thai I.D.  3. Village Chief to confirm I lived/stayed there.  4.  A second known reliable reference.  5. My passport showing visa stamp.  6.  Contribution to Buddhist money tree placed before my on the counter with a 😉; to which my wife objected because she's a Christian.

No mention was made of "Certificate of Residence" for either my yellow book application or drivers licence, for which I has one for car and one for motor cycle.

6 minutes ago, BigStar said:

you don't absolutely need it. And this is THE objection from the brigade who never do anything not absolutely necessary,

We all have our own level of what we want to do by our own, and what we want to delegate, usually at a price.

The costs are also relative, for one it is too cheap to delegate than to do itself, for another he prefer to do it himself as he consider the price to delegate as too high.

At 71+, and after 15+ extensions based on income, I should like to find someone who goes with my documents to the Austrian Consulate and Immigration Jomtien in my place. 

• Like 1

Go to Aumpher ,,,ask the req's . Go back next week to find they now want additional/different stuff !

Often works for Immigration also.

ps ,MFA in Ubon wanted me to "guarantee my passport was genuine" ie via British Embassy BKK, before they would consider endorsing passport copies.

Surprisingly. I do not have a yellow book!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Of course you can get by without a yellow book/ID card even for 17 years. You can get all the documents together every time for 'normal business, banking, visa, drivers lic etc'........but getting a yellow book/ID card means CONVENIENCE. Compliance in providing the correct documents to get your yellow book is a 'one off' and is not that much more complex than doing your annual extension/driving licence, etc, and after that everything is so much simpler when using your the yellow book/ID card for all your future applications...........even if you stay for another 17 years.

Is it vital you have a yellow book/ID card ...........NO

Is it quicker, easier and much more convenient to use a yellow book/ID card every time ...........MOST DEFINITELY.

• Like 2

Which Agents in Pattaya can do Yellow book for you.

• Haha 1