British teacher is arrested for 'sexually assaulting' two girls aged 13 and 17 in Cambodia

geovalin

8 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes, some people are very naive with very odd responses whenever this type topic comes up.

I always find it interesting how many support the alledged abuser on these posts.   Hmmm..makes me wonder..

They seem clueless about the historical/documented cases as to how many pedophiles come to Thailand, Cambodia to seek victims.   A 37 year old single man goes to Cambodia to teach children?  I guess some believe there are no child molesters in this world?  They support one side but never seem to ask:  I hope the victims are doing OK.

Whatever, believe what you want.  So, if you have kids and they report something similar you going to call them liars?  Very very sad and kind of sick really. 

He is married, they are his nieces by all accounts and there are male English teachers in all four corners of the globe, both rich and poor countries. Don't know what's gone on but looks like your mind's already made up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why isn't the wife there to defend him ? The girls are relatives of her.
Surely he will walk out as a free man if nothing sexual happened?  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I have no idea what the truth of this is.

But it is hardly normal for a grown man to kiss 13 and 1`7 year old girls who are not his daughters good night.

Especially when there is only 10 years age difference between them.

At the very least, he is guilty of incredibly stupid judgment and being creepy. In this day and age, if you're going to have minor children in your home, you'd be wise to never be alone with these children and don't do anything that could even give the appearance of being a kiddie diddler.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

At the very least, he is guilty of incredibly stupid judgment and being creepy. In this day and age, if you're going to have minor children in your home, you'd be wise to never be alone with these children and don't do anything that could even give the appearance of being a kiddie diddler.

CA is correct.  My Thai lawyer advised me many years ago to never allow any child under 18 inside my house without a parent.  He also said that if I were set up to not offer 1 baht to the parents or police (admission of guilt).  The second thing you do is instruct your lawyer to file a 5M baht defamation suit against the parents.  Defamation is very serious in Thailand and probably the same in Cambodia.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, parallaxtech said:

CA is correct.  My Thai lawyer advised me many years ago to never allow any child under 18 inside my house without a parent.  He also said that if I were set up to not offer 1 baht to the parents or police (admission of guilt).  The second thing you do is instruct your lawyer to file a 5M baht defamation suit against the parents.  Defamation is very serious in Thailand and probably the same in Cambodia.

Listen to the man, this is very good advice! 

I doubt he is arrested for just a kiss on the forehead. There is probably more to this story but the reporters did not really check it out.

I have no idea if the guy is guilty or not. But one would assume if he is arrested there more happened then just a kiss on the forehead. 

• Like 1

Actually in Cambodia one cannot infer anything from the fact that someone was arrested -- or for that matter convicted - other than that they either did nto cough up enough money or else seriously annoyed someone in a position of power. The police are totally corrupt as are the courts.

But his story of having kissed a 12 and 17 year old girl good night sounds at best very ill advised, if not outright creepy.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 9:08 PM, androokery said:

I have no idea what happened here, and didn't follow the link, but don't British males kiss/peck female acquaintances and friends on the cheek for hello and goodbye? 

Not normally, as a Brit I didn't even touch my children.

Just not done old boy!

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 3:02 PM, Sheryl said:

I have no idea what the truth of this is.

But it is hardly normal for a grown man to kiss 13 and 1`7 year old girls who are not his daughters good night.

Especially when there is only 10 years age difference between them.

you mean 20 years difference not 10 (the guy is 37)