Just got an email from Emirates-- flying sounds horrible

1 minute ago, Upnotover said:

From EK website....

What are the items allowed in the cabin?

Cabin baggage will not be accepted on these flights. Items allowed will be limited to laptop, handbag, briefcase or baby items; any other items will have to be checked in.

Yes, it's just the big rollaboards that they are preventing from going in the cabin, and they'll put them in the hold at no extra cost even if you've used your regular hold allowance.  Win, win the way I see it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

How are you supposed to pick your nose with gloves on, flying always bungs my nose up, need a good sort out after a few hours.

All of this just resembles treating people as criminals instead of paying customers.

Treating you like a viral host, which we all potentially are

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

How are you supposed to pick your nose with gloves on, flying always bungs my nose up, need a good sort out after a few hours.

Airline rule:  you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

What is the logic for not allowing handluggage, if they allow laptop bags, handbags and briefcases it can't be because they're concerned about the virus being on pieces hand luggage? 

So this is just a policy decision by Emirates or is there some virus-related reason?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, zzzzz said:

will toilets be cleaned, sanitized after each use?

From their website:

Emirates has added a cabin service assistant (CSA) to the crew complement on flights over 1.5 hours. The CSAs will ensure lavatories are cleaned at frequent intervals of every 45 mins. Each lavatory has been equipped with sanitising soap and hand washing instructions.

5 hours ago, Logosone said:

What is the logic for not allowing handluggage, if they allow laptop bags, handbags and briefcases it can't be because they're concerned about the virus being on pieces hand luggage? 

So this is just a policy decision by Emirates or is there some virus-related reason?

It slows down getting on and off the aircraft thus reducing social distancing as folk bunch up.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 9:47 AM, worgeordie said:

No hand luggage ......that's going to save airlines money and time,

will it return to normal ?

regards Worgeordie

I wonder about the "no handluggage" rule. How are they going to screen laptops/tablets etc? Under the old rules, anything with a battery in the hold luggage was illegal

• Like 1

Emirates says a briefcase and handbag can come in the cabin. I assume no carryon reduces time and congestion going through security and stowing/retrieving overhead luggage onboard.
 This should reduce people’s exposure to others who are possibly infected so all the Covid’s gonna get you fear mongers should be pleased with these policies. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/22/2020 at 9:56 AM, Peter Denis said:

No hand luggage?

I would be very hesitant to put my laptop-computer in my suitcase as checked baggage.

Even with a FRAGILE sticker on the suitcase I would be worried whether it would survive the often rough airplane luggage-treatment.

Or its disappearance!

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 11:03 AM, Pattaya46 said:

Same for me. Laptop and Camera are too expensive and fragile to travel in checked baggage!

Looks like we will have to use some kind of "air travel vest"  ????

ayegear_travel_vest_scottevest_baubax_fa

Yes where can we buy this vest?   

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

Sorry, wrong.  Those used in atomic submarines and for space craft are considerably superior.

'nuf sed.

Yeah, those places that are such a normal part of life for most of the population.... sheesh... you forgot to mention labs where they work on infectious diseases and biological weapons. Einstein that you are, how could you forget these other places that are so extremely relevant to our daily lives?

On 5/22/2020 at 9:20 AM, steelepulse said:

Sounds like flying will be a great experience moving forward.

Sounds more like going backwards .Walking or driving be Quicker than all this Vo doo and 4Hrs Before Takeoff. Not going to Fly until this Flu Trouble is Over and one can travel Reasonable Normal.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/22/2020 at 10:15 AM, bbi1 said:

Don't bring hand luggage??? So where the hell do they expect you to put your laptop and Lithium ion batteries that always had to be carried in hand luggage, not under the plane. 

Batteries in pockets (wear a jacket with many pockets). 

Laptop under shirt with part of laptop fastened under belt to secure it. (Did this once to avoid paying for exceeding carry-on weight allowance when the airline pulled out scales at the gate as we were boarding).  

14 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Batteries in pockets (wear a jacket with many pockets). 
Laptop under shirt with part of laptop fastened under belt to secure it. //

Better if you have read this thread before posting that ????

Laptop are allowed in cabin ????