90 day reporting

Been busy for weeks so my oversight. My 90 day check is due today so too late to even attempt online.

So, my question is, are 90 day checks still unnecessary or was that earlier and now reverted to a must do today requirement?

3 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

The window for doing your 90-day report on-line has been enlarged from 15 days before till actual due date.  So if your 90-day report is due today, you could still do it on-line.

As UJ correctly mentioned it is not required to do your 90-day report during the Amnesty-period (till 31 July).

But if you can do it on-line, it is recommended to do so as it is not sure that you would be able to do your NEXT 90-day report on-line, if you let the present due date slip.  And that would force you to do that next one either in person or by mail.

Thanks for that, very useful

• Like 1

And whenever this "amnesty" expires, you can probably expect unusually large crowds at immigration because they will probably let the amnesty expire for everyone at the same time.  My recommendation, to let the amnesty expire on everyone's individual 90-day cycle will probably not be followed.

So yes, better continue on your usual 90-days schedule.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Raphael54 said:

And whenever this "amnesty" expires, you can probably expect unusually large crowds at immigration because they will probably let the amnesty expire for everyone at the same time.  My recommendation, to let the amnesty expire on everyone's individual 90-day cycle will probably not be followed.

So yes, better continue on your usual 90-days schedule.

You would??? Back to the Future episode.WOW!!!!

34 minutes ago, Raphael54 said:

And whenever this "amnesty" expires, you can probably expect unusually large crowds at immigration because they will probably let the amnesty expire for everyone at the same time. 

According to my IO, when 90 day reports resume, it will be 90 days from when your last report was due, as if you'd continued to do them normally.

I've already crossed out my previous date on my report slip and hand written the next 90 day date on the slip as a reminder.

However as my next extension application is due prior to my next 90 day report, I'm expecting them to manually reset my next 90 day report from the date of my approved extension, which is what they normally do.

That will mean my next 90 day will be due October.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Ninety day reports are not required until after July 31st.

But as the due date will have passed by July 31 is everybody going to rush to immigration on August 1? I would hope not, but they need to have a system in place to make a return to normal.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Farang99 said:

But as the due date will have passed by July 31 is everybody going to rush to immigration on August 1? I would hope not, but they need to have a system in place to make a return to normal.

There is still a lot of time to think for them - the whole June and July. Give them a chance ????

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Farang99 said:

It's a looooooong way till 31st July, and am sure an update will appear way before then, especially if the boarders don't open... 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Oldie said:

There is still a lot of time to think for them - the whole June and July. Give them a chance ????

There will be an easy way, a difficult way, and a way that makes it as awkward as possible for the farang to return to 90 day reporting.  Let's see what they choose.

I've done mine online for the first time successfully last month, so I am sticking with that , amnesty or no amnesty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

There will be an easy way, a difficult way, and a way that makes it as awkward as possible for the farang to return to 90 day reporting.  Let's see what they choose.

I've done mine online for the first time successfully last month, so I am sticking with that , amnesty or no amnesty.

I did the same. And friends of mine did it at the immigration. There is no law that says that you are not allowed to do it even if there is an amnesty until the end of July. 

Edited by Oldie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, transam said:

It's a looooooong way till 31st July, and am sure an update will appear way before then, especially if the boarders don't open... 

Maybe scrap the 90 day reporting forever ?

• Haha 1

Chiang Mai Immigration has set up a Drive Through 90 day reporting system at laft hand side of the main building.  I showed up at 12:45 yesterday and just parked directly outside the window for 10 minutes until they finished their lunch break.  A very friendly IO processed my papers in about 2 minutes but strangely asked a lot of questions seemingly to verify that my name and address was as claimed.  Waiting a short time in the car with radio and the a/c was no hardship but if the queue was longer it might not be so relaxed.

22 minutes ago, Greenside said:

Chiang Mai Immigration has set up a Drive Through 90 day reporting system at laft hand side of the main building.  I showed up at 12:45 yesterday and just parked directly outside the window for 10 minutes until they finished their lunch break.  A very friendly IO processed my papers in about 2 minutes but strangely asked a lot of questions seemingly to verify that my name and address was as claimed.  Waiting a short time in the car with radio and the a/c was no hardship but if the queue was longer it might not be so relaxed.

Obviously doing your 90-day reports on-line is the easiest way to do it.  No registration required, no documents to upload or show, no questions asked by IO, just fulling in the required data and normally within 24 hours your report is approved and you can scan/print the 'next appointment date' that you need to have with you.

2 hours ago, Farang99 said:

Don't worry, there will be no crowds of people forced to do their 90 days reports the same day the amnesty is over. The 90 days report is the least important thing to do at immigration, so there will be a plan. 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

According to my IO, when 90 day reports resume, it will be 90 days from when your last report was due, as if you'd continued to do them normally.

I've already crossed out my previous date on my report slip and hand written the next 90 day date on the slip as a reminder.

However as my next extension application is due prior to my next 90 day report, I'm expecting them to manually reset my next 90 day report from the date of my approved extension, which is what they normally do.

I would agree with that because the original notices translated to say everything would be done automatically. But as TIT I suggest we wait the next announcement as UJ says.

32 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Obviously doing your 90-day reports on-line is the easiest way to do it.  No registration required, no documents to upload or show, no questions asked by IO, just fulling in the required data and normally within 24 hours your report is approved and you can scan/print the 'next appointment date' that you need to have with you.

Normally I'd do that, but my VPN had a bug that kept it running even though the indicator said it was disconnected, and that stopped me reaching the Immigration site in time.  Ubon Joe's post made me check!

• Like 1

I read that some people have no problem doing 90 day report online whilst others find it impossible. I intend to try to do mine online but wondered if there is any difference between doing by pc or mobile. Have people had more success by using pc or using mobile?

33 minutes ago, cocacola said:

I read that some people have no problem doing 90 day report online whilst others find it impossible. I intend to try to do mine online but wondered if there is any difference between doing by pc or mobile. Have people had more success by using pc or using mobile?

I did it on Win 7/32. IE didn't work, older Firefox didn't work, latest Chrome was problem free. Good that I didn't give up too soon. 

3 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Renewed mine last week. Took 2 minutes as no customers and full compliment of staff still working. Not sure why you'd wait until the cattle gates open in July if you can do it beforehand.

If you are living close to IO or need to be there often, hopping in to do it is an option.

But if you are living far away from your IO (mine is +70 km away in Sisaket, where I never have to be for any other reason), doing it on-line is by far the preferred solution.  My very first on-line 90-day report took me less than 10 minutes to submit, with approval next day.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

If you are living close to IO or need to be there often, hopping in to do it is an option.

But if you are living far away from your IO (mine is +70 km away in Sisaket, where I never have to be for any other reason), doing it on-line is by far the preferred solution.  My very first on-line 90-day report took me less than 10 minutes to submit, with approval next day.

I don't live close to an IO and I don't need to be there often; and doing it on-line is not an option in all provinces, so taking an hour or so drive now (with little else to do at present) to an empty IO office was by far my preferred solution.... as opposed to doing the drive to stand in queues in July. 

• Like 2

On 5/22/2020 at 12:43 PM, Tanoshi said:

As you will have to go to immigration when you submit your extension request I would also do the 90 day report then, the sections are usually completely separate and the extension application does not count as or act as a 90 day report. Since you are in immigration anyway you loose nothing by doing that and ensure that your next report can be online.

If you didn’t need to go to immigration anyway it’s a different case.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

7 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

As you will have to go to immigration when you submit your extension request I would also do the 90 day report then, the sections are usually completely separate and the extension application does not count as or act as a 90 day report. Since you are in immigration anyway you loose nothing by doing that and ensure that your next report can be online.

If you didn’t need to go to immigration anyway it’s a different case.

My IO is one that resets your 90 day reports whenever you submit an extension application.

They never used to until a couple of years ago.

Their reasoning is that by resetting your 90 day report when issuing the extension, it means in 12 months time your 90 day will fall within the window to submit your extension application again.

However where it then falls apart is that during the year the new 90 days is always set from 90 days of the date you submit it, not the date is was due. So if you apply 14 days prior to the due date, by the end of the year the 90 day and extension aren't in the same window.

It's Thai logic, we'll never understand it.

• Like 1