90 day reporting

9 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

My IO is one that resets your 90 day reports whenever you submit an extension application.

They never used to until a couple of years ago.

Their reasoning is that by resetting your 90 day report when issuing the extension, it means in 12 months time your 90 day will fall within the window to submit your extension application again.

Udon sets the expiration date to your extension but does NOT automatically do a new report, you need to go to the desk to do it.

if you are issued with a new report slip then your better off than we are.

On 5/22/2020 at 9:29 AM, ubonjoe said:

Ninety day reports are not required until after July 31st.

Did mine last week at a sub IO which only does 90 day reports, it is still open and nothing was said about not needing to report. So ?

5 hours ago, Greenside said:

Chiang Mai Immigration has set up a Drive Through 90 day reporting system at laft hand side of the main building.  I showed up at 12:45 yesterday and just parked directly outside the window for 10 minutes until they finished their lunch break.  A very friendly IO processed my papers in about 2 minutes but strangely asked a lot of questions seemingly to verify that my name and address was as claimed.  Waiting a short time in the car with radio and the a/c was no hardship but if the queue was longer it might not be so relaxed.

As a lot of people keep saying there is an amnesty why do they continue to process it ??

Just now, brianthainess said:

So why are they open ?

One of the reasons IO are open is to allow Non Imm O or O-A holders to apply for their 1-year extensions of stay.  There are no over-stay or return-ban consequences if you did not apply for your 1-year extension when it was due, but you might not be able to do it anymore after the due date expired forcing you to exit the country and start from scratch again with a new Visa application.  So almost all those on a 1-year extension of stay, do not take that risk and apply for their extension when it is due.

Since the IOs are open anyway, you can also do your 90-day report filing in person.  There is no need to do so, and no consequences if you don't do it.  But if you want to do it in person for whatever reason (e.g. passing by the IO and making use of the opportunity to do it in a non busy period, or wanting to have your next 90-day due date at a convenient time for you) you can do it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Did mine last week at a sub IO which only does 90 day reports, it is still open and nothing was said about not needing to report. So ?

It is extremely unusual for there to be a separate office for 90 day reporting. Usually it’s a separate desk. 

Note that the words are.4DCDD73B-AD7E-4EAF-B121-BAB43FA5CFC9.thumb.jpeg.8c9166f179542dca3dbd7fbaf29b4860.jpeg

it doesn’t say CAN NOT.

???? you don’t need to send me 2,000 baht, but if you do I’m not going to refuse it. ???? Does that make it clear?

17 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It is extremely unusual for there to be a separate office for 90 day reporting. Usually it’s a separate desk. 

On Koh Chang there is a SUB IO it does not issue visas at all of any kind or extensions. ONLY for 90 day report as i pointed out in my post.

10 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

On Koh Chang there is a SUB IO it does not issue visas at all of any kind or extensions. ONLY for 90 day report as i pointed out in my post.

Wow, a complete sub-IO only dedicated to this outdated cold-war 90-day reporting nonsense.

Must be a joy working there when you understand the utter futility of the work you are doing...

12 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Wow, a complete sub-IO only dedicated to this outdated cold-war 90-day reporting nonsense.

Must be a joy working there when you understand the utter futility of the work you are doing...

I think it is there for more than that purpose. Probably mostly investigative officers assigned there so they gave them a little extra to do.

• Thanks 1

On 5/23/2020 at 1:50 PM, Peter Denis said:

But if you are living far away from your IO (mine is +70 km away in Sisaket, where I never have to be for any other reason),

Peter, you're not getting annual extensions of stay?

22 hours ago, brianthainess said:

As a lot of people keep saying there is an amnesty why do they continue to process it ??

A make work project to justify not having to lay off IO's during the amnesty period.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JimGant said:

Peter, you're not getting annual extensions of stay?

Not yet.  In fact I am a relative Newbie and still in the 1st year of my Non Imm O-A Visa, and because of a trip abroad my permission to stay is valid till end of January 2021.

Note: For sure I will not apply for a 1-year permission to stay of that Non Imm O-A Visa as I don't want or need the mandatory thai IO-approved health-insurance that is now required when extending the permission to stay from your Non Imm O- Visa for reason of retirement.

So I will most probably exit Thailand somewhere in January, return VisaExempt and apply for the 90-day Non Imm O - retirement Visa at my local IO, and in the last month of that 90-day permission to stay, then apply for a 1-year extension (with no thai IO-approved health-insurance needed).  By then I will also be on pension, and will apply for the Visa and extension using the embassy-letter which my Belgian embassy still provides.

• Thanks 1