Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Busted! Eighteen Thais arrested running an online gambling operation at a luxury pool villa outside Pattaya

Recommended Posts

Busted! Eighteen Thais arrested running an online gambling operation at a luxury pool villa outside Pattaya

 

2pm1.jpg

 

Na Jomtien police headed by Pol Col Prasertsuk Hengsuwan and tech police raided a two story pool villa being used as an online gambling center yesterday evening.

 

Arrested at the scene in Moo 1, Sattahip,  were 18 Thai men and women , all from Chiang Rai who had been hired to run the operation that began ten days ago.

 

They used the online portals of bein 88 bet and bein 88 online. Registration was via Facebook and clients were given an initial 100 baht to gamble with.

 

2pm2.jpg

Picture: 77 kaoded

 

Natthapong, 26, was in charge but police are investigating a bigger investor behind the scenes.

 

Those arrested were all aged from 20 to 26 and we're earning 12,000 baht a month. The manager got 20K reported 77kaoded.

 

Foreign SIM cards and computers were taken into evidence. 

 

Source: 77kaoded

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-22
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a dice roll that was, boys in brown!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

curious asks....how would they have come unglued so quickly ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ops! Not chineses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zhounan said:

Ops! Not chineses

Probably yes. They were all from Chiang Rai (city or province). The Province borders the Mekong River from the Golden Triangle Resort south to Chiang Saen. Opposite in Laos is the Chinese owned/operated equivalent of "Las Vegas" which is linked by a ferry service.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wombat said:

curious asks....how would they have come unglued so quickly ?

18 young Thais in a pool house? My guess is a neighbour, or security, thought it suspicious and reported it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, topt said:

18 young Thais in a pool house? My guess is a neighbour, or security, thought it suspicious and reported it

Or didn't like the noise/rubbish etc.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I wish they'd stop all this blurring of the pic's .. Top shot is that a very emaciated bird in the bottom right or a cushion with a very emaciated bird printed on it .. My mince pies can't make it out .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, topt said:

18 young Thais in a pool house? My guess is a neighbour, or security, thought it suspicious and reported it

AKA grass - very common here and also no shame in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

AKA grass - very common here and also no shame in it.

1178!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

I wish they'd stop all this blurring of the pic's .. Top shot is that a very emaciated bird in the bottom right or a cushion with a very emaciated bird printed on it .. My mince pies can't make it out .. 

It's a screen.
Actually I could do with an extra display on my desk; where do you think they will be sold off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Probably yes. They were all from Chiang Rai (city or province). The Province borders the Mekong River from the Golden Triangle Resort south to Chiang Saen. Opposite in Laos is the Chinese owned/operated equivalent of "Las Vegas" which is linked by a ferry service.

 

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Natthapong, 26, was in charge

Doesn't sound very Chinese.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CaptainCarrot said:

It's a screen.
Actually I could do with an extra display on my desk; where do you think they will be sold off?

A screen .! bloody hell my eyes are worse than I thought .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

lottery number?

1178 - Thailand's free call "grass up"" number!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...