Busted! Eighteen Thais arrested running an online gambling operation at a luxury pool villa outside Pattaya

webfact

Busted! Eighteen Thais arrested running an online gambling operation at a luxury pool villa outside Pattaya

2pm1.jpg

Na Jomtien police headed by Pol Col Prasertsuk Hengsuwan and tech police raided a two story pool villa being used as an online gambling center yesterday evening.

Arrested at the scene in Moo 1, Sattahip,  were 18 Thai men and women , all from Chiang Rai who had been hired to run the operation that began ten days ago.

They used the online portals of bein 88 bet and bein 88 online. Registration was via Facebook and clients were given an initial 100 baht to gamble with.

2pm2.jpg

Picture: 77 kaoded

Natthapong, 26, was in charge but police are investigating a bigger investor behind the scenes.

Those arrested were all aged from 20 to 26 and we're earning 12,000 baht a month. The manager got 20K reported 77kaoded.

Foreign SIM cards and computers were taken into evidence. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-22

1 hour ago, zhounan said:

Ops! Not chineses

Probably yes. They were all from Chiang Rai (city or province). The Province borders the Mekong River from the Golden Triangle Resort south to Chiang Saen. Opposite in Laos is the Chinese owned/operated equivalent of "Las Vegas" which is linked by a ferry service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wombat said:

curious asks....how would they have come unglued so quickly ?

18 young Thais in a pool house? My guess is a neighbour, or security, thought it suspicious and reported it

I wish they'd stop all this blurring of the pic's .. Top shot is that a very emaciated bird in the bottom right or a cushion with a very emaciated bird printed on it .. My mince pies can't make it out .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

I wish they'd stop all this blurring of the pic's .. Top shot is that a very emaciated bird in the bottom right or a cushion with a very emaciated bird printed on it .. My mince pies can't make it out .. 

It's a screen.
Actually I could do with an extra display on my desk; where do you think they will be sold off?

4 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Probably yes. They were all from Chiang Rai (city or province). The Province borders the Mekong River from the Golden Triangle Resort south to Chiang Saen. Opposite in Laos is the Chinese owned/operated equivalent of "Las Vegas" which is linked by a ferry service.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Natthapong, 26, was in charge

Doesn't sound very Chinese.

14 hours ago, webfact said:

3 hours ago, Traubert said:

Doesn't sound very Chinese.

Quote:- Natthapong, 26, was in charge (of the on-line gambling center in Sattahip) but police are investigating a bigger investor 

!

14 hours ago, topt said:

18 young Thais in a pool house? My guess is a neighbour, or security, thought it suspicious and reported it

It wouldn't be police work.  My extended family took a miscreant to Dongtan cop shop & fat-*rse wanted 10K to start proceedings.  The cops obviously smelled bigger money.

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Arrested at the scene in Moo 1, Sattahip,  were 18 Thai men and women , all from Chiang Rai who had been hired to run the operation that began ten days ago.

This is what happens when Thais get tech savvy....